Terraria

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Terraria

Post by Goodspeed »

Who plays this beautiful gem of a game?
No Flag astriobulik
Crossbow

Terraria

Post by astriobulik »

play minecraft with me
Netherlands blackwidow
Dragoon
ESO: MASTERdutch

Terraria

Post by blackwidow »

drlegend wrote:It is fun in the beginning but eventually I realized that rearranging pixels in a game is a waste of time. You should only play a game if it benefits you in real life. That is the origin of play: practice for real life.
Assuming that you''re serious, in my opinion saying that gaming can be benificial in real life is bs. Even if there are benefits, which I''m sure there are, they are so minimal that they wont affect your life significantly at all.

If you think terraria is a waste of time, why isn''t aoe3?
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Terraria

Post by Goodspeed »

drlegend wrote:It is fun in the beginning but eventually I realized that rearranging pixels in a game is a waste of time. You should only play a game if it benefits you in real life. That is the origin of play: practice for real life.
If we were talking about minecraft I''d agree, but terraria isn''t about rearranging pixels. The game is much more about combat and exploration like any other RPG and adds the ability to reshape the world rather than making the game all about that. Game takes a good amount of problem solving and planning ahead but yeah, adequate practice for real life I wouldn''t call it. I''m curious though, what kind of games do you play?
France iNcog
Ninja

Terraria

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Terraria

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

I'm pretty sure he plays, but treats his games more like career goals than hobbies.
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Terraria

Post by Jam »

He learnt some geography from EU games, so I guess that makes it not a waste of time.
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Terraria

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

I was watching an episode the University Challenge on youtube once, and one question that dealt with geography I was only able to answer because I had spent so much time playing eu4. So useful.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Terraria

Post by gibson »

frycookofdoom wrote:I was watching an episode the University Challenge on youtube once, and one question that dealt with geography I was only able to answer because I had spent so much time playing eu4. So useful.
One time in my us history class after I had binged watched game of thrones the day before there was a question that was something like what bad things came from the north. I said white walkers. Got the question right and a bonus point as well.
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Terraria

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

us history lol
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Terraria

Post by lordraphael »

gibson wrote:
frycookofdoom wrote:I was watching an episode the University Challenge on youtube once, and one question that dealt with geography I was only able to answer because I had spent so much time playing eu4. So useful.
One time in my us history class after I had binged watched game of thrones the day before there was a question that was something like what bad things came from the north. I said white walkers. Got the question right and a bonus point as well.
what would have been the right answer? at least the way u prhased it i cant do anything with it.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Terraria

Post by gibson »

lordraphael wrote:
gibson wrote:One time in my us history class after I had binged watched game of thrones the day before there was a question that was something like what bad things came from the north. I said white walkers. Got the question right and a bonus point as well.
what would have been the right answer? at least the way u prhased it i cant do anything with it.
That wasnt the exact phrasing of the question. I just remember it was when we were studying the civil war and had something to do with the north
No Flag jkl
Dragoon

Terraria

Post by jkl »

exactly. there r many ppl don''t want to do this. i play aoe3 for my military strategist career, while i also play cod4 to come up with the best specs for when i send ppl into combat. of course, i need to get a better cpu cuz if i get lag in the army then there will be trouble. i also heard a rumor that there r no respawn points in the army, so having a good cpu and my experience in aoe3/cod4 will help. i just have to figure out how much ram i need. currently i have 4 gb of ram, but i may need 8 gb to withstand the smoke graphics and higher resolution cuz idk if u can lower graphics in the military.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Terraria

Post by Goodspeed »

Did you start an expert mode world? Also you need to play it with other people.
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Terraria

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

desudesudesudesu
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Terraria

Post by Goodspeed »

drlegend wrote:You mean hard mode? Don''t think so. Playing with other people wouldn''t make the game more challenging, educational or enjoyable.
Then it''s not for you.
And I mean expert mode, hardmode is a stage you get to after you beat a certain boss where everything becomes harder. Expert mode everything is the same except more challenging and you get some special items as a reward. The extra challenge really made the game a lot better imo.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Terraria

Post by momuuu »

Dr Legend just needs "math: the videogame" tbh.
No Flag jkl
Dragoon

Terraria

Post by jkl »

thats the same for every game. once u have gendarmes or 20 ranged jinetes u can just spam them and win, same with ashi
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Terraria

Post by Goodspeed »

How would you know that? It may seem easy if you aren't trying to make any real progress and stay away from dangerous places... If you were trying to make progress you'd start running into some scary shit. The underground enemies are pretty strong and killing the bosses on your own takes a good amount of smart preparation and mechanical skill.
I'm playing it with some friends and even with the 3 of us it's not a cakewalk at all.
No Flag jkl
Dragoon

Terraria

Post by jkl »

u should try getting some friends who actually know how to play. that game is like playing vs. sandbox comps
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Terraria

Post by Goodspeed »

It's as challenging as you want it to be, better enemies is better loot and there are always enemies on the world that you cannot beat until endgame gear which takes a significant amount of time and effort to get.
Could always play hardcore mode meaning your character is actually gone if he/she dies, but we tried that once and turns out it's just too hard not to die :(
We definitely suck though, to be fair. I mean we are high all the time...
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Terraria

Post by Goodspeed »

It's a sandbox and RPG combined and the combo works great. Most of the progress is by beating bosses which "upgrades" your world and the things you can find in it, or finding rare loot in chests. As with any RPG there is a certain amount of grinding involved, I'm not a fan of that part but it's minimal compared to other RPGs and the thing with Terraria is that whenever you go somewhere to grind, you run into other fun stuff and you come back all the richer. It's just a very good RPG, the fact that I'm advertising it says a lot because I'm generally not a fan of the genre.
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Terraria

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

drlegend wrote:What''s this "progress" exactly? There is no story or anything. It''s a sandbox.,,
How do you even manage to play eu4 with that mentality lol
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Terraria

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

calmyourtits wrote:It''s a sandbox and RPG combined and the combo works great. Most of the progress is by beating bosses which "upgrades" your world and the things you can find in it, or finding rare loot in chests. As with any RPG there is a certain amount of grinding involved, I''m not a fan of that part but it''s minimal compared to other RPGs and the thing with Terraria is that whenever you go somewhere to grind, you run into other fun stuff and you come back all the richer. It''s just a very good RPG, the fact that I''m advertising it says a lot because I''m generally not a fan of the genre.
What time do you usually play?
No Flag jkl
Dragoon

Terraria

Post by jkl »

i find many games today r hard for me to get interested. the last game that i played that got me interested was deus ex human revolution, but even that had many annoying aspects to it. there r very few games where i can find the replay value in both single and multiplayer. a few years back, i found the GTA series to have big replay value, then after playing the games over about 5-7 times per game, i got tired of them, but they r still fun though, especially gta3, gta vc, and gta s. deus ex and deus ex hr both have good replay value, and i played dx1 over about 8 times. aoe3 multiplayer value is good, and one of my best gaming experiences. avp2 was the best multiplayer game that i played. its discontinued, but the memories of it r great. the maps had a lot of detail, and game play, and the competitive scene was truly competitive. css was fun, especially the custom maps. some good maps were best buy and mcdonalds, both requiring good strategy. also, sega games were fun. the half life series was fun and when u used cheats u could do a lot more crazy stuff. the early stages of g-mod were fun, but since they modified everything it got boring. i even still replay sonic 2 and speed run it. when i was younger, i would play sonic 2 with a sibling from time to time, and tails was invincible, so the person using tails would take out enemies so that sonic wouldn't lose rings. those were good times for gaming, too bad modern game play is generally the same where every game includes looking down the iron sights, sprint, regeneration, etc. i find that regeneration especially removes replay value since u no longer have to plan ur moves and search for hp. i have found that games with hp regen generally have a lack of intensity, but thats the new format for the new generation of gamers. perhaps simplifying game play is better for ppl now.