Drinking

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Drinking

Post by Goodspeed »

jkl wrote:i dont see y all the hate here. it looks like ppl r not as friendly as they seem in the aoe3 community. i am probably the most pested person on twitch, and the streamers on twitch keep on banning bpds for no reason. and bpds was banned on this forum for no reason at all. sure, his choice of words may be sophisticated, but that is not a valid reason for banning him. i would relish his involvement in an aoe3 gathering. he would have a lot to contribute in our social setting.
Like I said, socially awkward is an understatement. Perhaps it''s time for you to stop projecting your own insecurites onto other people and lighten up a little. Yeah I''m being mean but apparently it''s necessary for us to be mean to you in oder to stop you from insulting everyone first chance you get.

Obviously I''m happy to move on, and it''s about time we get back on topic anyway.

[img style="max-width:100%'" src="http://www.sakelicious.com/webwinkel/image/cache/data/whisky/Suntory_Yamazaki_18years-500x500.png"]

Mmmmmm
Switzerland niedhalf
Musketeer
ESO: Niedhalf

Drinking

Post by niedhalf »

this is the whisky of the year 2014 isnt it? I tryed it once in restaurant but i dont understand whisky that much...:( what is you like at this one in particular? im more into grappa :)
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Drinking

Post by momuuu »

Im suffering from a wisky trauma unfortunately :(
Switzerland niedhalf
Musketeer

Drinking

Post by niedhalf »

yeah have kind of the same story but with gin :) so its not so bad cause i dont like it sooo much ')
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Drinking

Post by Goodspeed »

niedhalf wrote:this is the whisky of the year 2014 isnt it? I tryed it once in restaurant but i dont understand whisky that much...:( what is you like at this one in particular? im more into grappa :)
I''m impressed you know this and yeah it won world''s best whisky last year although that was the sherry cask one which I haven''t tasted (yet). Japanese whiskys are kind of hard to come by here, especially after they win prizes.
There''s not really a single reason why I''m such a fan of this one other than its rich taste and complexity, at least not that I can remember. You know what I''ll have a glass just to review.
Switzerland niedhalf
Musketeer

Drinking

Post by niedhalf »

hahah have one on me to :D. but its Friday 16:30 off work and hot outside so i gonna stick with beer...:) whisky is something i enjoy in the winter, at home infront of a fire while outside its snowing :D i donno why i make this connection :D i just do :D anyway here in switzerland we have a lot of independent small liquor stores wher you can find all kind of jems, sure you pay a lot imo its worth it i mean such high classy brands you gonna enjoy them and they last a while...')
France benj89
Howdah

Drinking

Post by benj89 »

lol so this discussion was abt the fact that binge drinking like freshman at college student do is a a bad, not responsible thing/caused by peer pressure? interesting, no one knew that. in france ppl do that at 15-16, in the us at 19-20, I don't know any ppl who often do that older than this age except for some challenge of some sort. no point discussing abt what any unconfident teen do.
I used to know some ppl who were in this quidditch club. no judgement, some ppl are just weird asf at that age lol, so if binge drinking help others a bit to get socially accepted, y not.
I got wasted few times at 14-17, as soldier said you learn how your body react to it, and once you know your limits its pretty much set for life and you most likely won't drink until you lose control again. except birthdays and new year, always lose control for birthdays and new year

drinking and smoking too much are stuff you do the first few years, then you learn to get the best from it with the fewer negative aspect possible, that's how I see it at least.
Ivan for the alcohol ppl just have fake IDs. us clubs are full of 18-20 years old girls

umeu pls don't start facepalm, legend give enough of that
incog pls don't compliment legend again. I made like a weird grimace ppl looked at me like wtf, not again :D

damn I need to try those japanese whiskies, but did you just post a picture of a $270 whisky? haha I bet most people don't have the budget yet :)
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Drinking

Post by Goodspeed »

@niedhalf Indeed. Whisky is not as much fun on a small budget, you need to spend some money for the good ones, but it's so worth it. There's an insane amount of diversity, every new bottle is a new experience.

Totally see what you mean about winter too. Right now an ice cold beer sounds great too, but literally the only thing to drink in my house is whisky :( Can never go wrong with that though to be fair.
Switzerland niedhalf
Musketeer

Drinking

Post by niedhalf »

well if one thing never runs out at my home its beer, or grappa, or whine :D I just like it too much to have some friends over, chatting, having a beer in the sun and have fun :D and yeah beer is cheeper but tbh i think i spend more than 100.- CHF on beer in a month (only for home consumption) so if you buy a nice 270$ whisky, that for sure lasts more than a month you still in budget :D and you get sumthing you can really enjoy....yeah goodspeed, i like to spend hours in classy liquorestore degustating stuff, let people explain and then buy (mostly different stuff) and than share it with my friends :) its really fun i dunno if you guys get what i mean :D
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Drinking

Post by deleted_user0 »

benj89 wrote:lol so this discussion was abt the fact that binge drinking like freshman at college student do is a a bad, not responsible thing/caused by peer pressure? interesting, no one knew that. in france ppl do that at 15-16, in the us at 19-20, I don''t know any ppl who often do that older than this age except for some challenge of some sort. no point discussing abt what any unconfident teen do.
I used to know some ppl who were in this quidditch club. no judgement, some ppl are just weird asf at that age lol, so if binge drinking help others a bit to get socially accepted, y not.
I got wasted few times at 14-17, as soldier said you learn how your body react to it, and once you know your limits its pretty much set for life and you most likely won''t drink until you lose control again. except birthdays and new year, always lose control for birthdays and new year

drinking and smoking too much are stuff you do the first few years, then you learn to get the best from it with the fewer negative aspect possible, that''s how I see it at least.
Ivan for the alcohol ppl just have fake IDs. us clubs are full of 18-20 years old girls

umeu pls don''t start facepalm, legend give enough of that
incog pls don''t compliment legend again. I made like a weird grimace ppl looked at me like wtf, not again :D

damn I need to try those japanese whiskies, but did you just post a picture of a $270 whisky? haha I bet most people don''t have the budget yet :)

Except the point is that people deal with these insecurities etc by drinking instead of actually dealing with them, which is something that continues into adulthood because its a socially acceptable form of therapy aparantly. I guess its the easy way out.

And its definitly worth discussing since its an increasing problem, not a declining one.
No Flag jkl
Dragoon

Drinking

Post by jkl »

the problem is ppl no longer view religion as a key aspect for their lives. it clearly states not to get drunk, and in islam it eliminates alcohol completely, thus they have no problems there with alcoholism and related incidents. europe is getting what they deserve for not following the teachings that were clearly given to them, only a matter of time when spain, portugal, and ireland r forced to leave the euro.

whats wrong with drinking whiskey in the summer? ppl do it all the time and they r fine. its all about self control and how u can overcome the mind
Switzerland niedhalf
Musketeer

Drinking

Post by niedhalf »

Do you seriously believe what you say jkl or you just trolling? I don get that anymore...:D i dont think that abusing alcohol has something to do with lack of religion...and neither are the economical problems of some euro states related to that in a significant way...
@umeu it may be the easy way out but still some people get more confident dealing with their insecurities using alcohol and most of them overcome theyr issues to a point that they dont need alcohol anymore to socialize, get girls or so....i dont agree that getting completley wasted should be socially acepted (and it isnt, atleast here) but i dont have any problems with people drinking/getting tipsy to socialize....i mean it kinda is part of our colture since like ever :D
France benj89
Howdah

Drinking

Post by benj89 »

jesus where do you guys live where being wasted is socially accepted outside of college? makes me curious
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
No Flag jkl
Dragoon

Drinking

Post by jkl »

i didnt mention how economics relate to over drinking, but in russia, drinking is a big problem now, so that may relate to economic conditions of russia. what i meant by by europe is that they shifted away from god and r now having its effects
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Drinking

Post by princeofkabul »

jkl wrote:ty for the apologies, but gs and umeu have been very mean to me. i even received threatening pms! lets plz just put this behind us and for once, lets all be nice. im sure u all can handle this.

is there alcohol in kabul?
What makes you think im from Kabul? : )
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
No Flag CruOzer
Musketeer

Drinking

Post by CruOzer »

niedhalf wrote:i dont agree that getting completley wasted should be socially acepted (and it isnt, atleast here) but i dont have any problems with people drinking/getting tipsy to socialize....i mean it kinda is part of our colture since like ever :D
I have a question according to switzerland:
I spent a night in zurich and the city was full with young people. But after all there was no trouble, no fights, everyone was just chilling, drinking and having fun. Is it always so?

Because here in Germany there''s always trouble, people are fighting, the police joins the party etc... And that night in Zurich looked like heaven :w00t:
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Drinking

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

princeofkabul wrote:
jkl wrote:ty for the apologies, but gs and umeu have been very mean to me. i even received threatening pms! lets plz just put this behind us and for once, lets all be nice. im sure u all can handle this.

How do you even have internet there? I mean I know its hard in North Korea but damn.
No Flag jkl
Dragoon

Drinking

Post by jkl »

princeofkabul wrote:

rumor has it ur the prince of kabul
France benj89
Howdah

Drinking

Post by benj89 »

I'm sure ppl there need alcohol to survive, prince of slums can confirm :)?

[img]https://www.happytellus.com/img/kabul/kabul-hillside_24.jpg[/img]
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Drinking

Post by princeofkabul »

benj89 wrote:I''m sure ppl there need alcohol to survive, prince of slums can confirm :)?

[img]https://www.happytellus.com/img/kabul/kabul-hillside_24.jpg[/img]
:,(
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Drinking

Post by Marco1698 »

Look like the water is the only thing u can drink and doesn't do bad problem to ur body guys
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah
ESO: ivanelterrible

Drinking

Post by Good ol Ivan »

marco1698 wrote:Look like the water is the only thing u can drink and doesn''t do bad problem to ur body guys
You are wrong. It''s all about the quantity.
Literally everything can be poisonous, it all depends on the dose.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Drinking

Post by momuuu »

benj89 wrote:jesus where do you guys live where being wasted is socially accepted outside of college? makes me curious

In college :)
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Drinking

Post by SoldieR »

If we met in real life, I'd tell at the people that don't use paragraphs
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Drinking

Post by momuuu »

iamsoldier wrote:If we met in real life, I''d tell at the people that don''t use paragraphs

Yes that is indeed extremely annoying.