dreams

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
No Flag jkl
Dragoon

dreams

Post by jkl »

im sure u all had dreams where it was really good and when u woke up u were disappointed that it was only a dream. i just had a dream where it was basically a zombie invasion in a prison-like facility and i along with a group of ppl tried to survive. there was also a really good looking girl there, much more good looking that girls i have seen in real life, where we developed a close relationship. then i woke up and didnt like that it was only a dream.
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

dreams

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

Sometimes I wish I could live in my dreams.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

dreams

Post by Mimsy for President »

Is anyone out here able to control his/her dreams ?
No Flag jkl
Dragoon

dreams

Post by jkl »

shaolinstar wrote:Is anyone out here able to control his/her dreams ?
kind of hard to understand, but it seems i have a few times. during those times the dreams r really vivid and i notice and remember every detail as if it was in real life. most of the time it happens right when u fall asleep, and if u notice ur dreaming at that point u can take control over it
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

dreams

Post by _venox_ »

drlegend wrote:What kind of hell do you live in if a zombie apocalypse is preferable to your real life?
It could be fun playing the hero. Maybe you dream of stabbing Lenin before he could start his revolution, what to me doesn''t sound that fun. Luckily there aren''t any people in the community interpreting dreams and other spiritual/supernatural nonsense.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
No Flag jkl
Dragoon

dreams

Post by jkl »

my tribal elders interpreted my vision quest.
spiritists r usually false, so that doesnt matter too much. u ppl should read the torah, a lot of interesting things in there. most of the teachings r in leviticus so u can just read that instead of the entire torah
No Flag ssaraf
Dragoon
ESO: robinhood_xing

dreams

Post by ssaraf »

idk if u can control your dreams , but imo u can start to think and may be direct your dream towards something specific... afterwards it sways away...

Also another question i alwaz wondered about : You see some images in your dream , but you have never seen them in real life, so how those images are formed. idk if brain can create images.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

dreams

Post by _venox_ »

The brain creates images either with or without external stimuli (light hitting your eye)
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

dreams

Post by Jam »

melatonin = insomnia cure + vivid dreams
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

dreams

Post by momuuu »

Occasionally. When I wake up in the morning, I can decide to fall asleep again and continue wiht my dream. After that dreams are often lucid or semi lucid. I can always control myself consciously, and sometimes control the world around me a little bit aswell. But controlling it too much will make you wake up.
No Flag jkl
Dragoon

dreams

Post by jkl »

usually when u fall asleep and when u wake up r the best times to take action with ur dreams. when u wake up, u cant do any sudden movements or open ur eyes or u cant resume ur dream cuz ur in a semi-conscious state to the real world.
do u ppl think that out of body experiences r possible? they say that u can play music at a specific hz and it will induce out of body experiences.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

dreams

Post by momuuu »

jkl wrote:usually when u fall asleep and when u wake up r the best times to take action with ur dreams. when u wake up, u cant do any sudden movements or open ur eyes or u cant resume ur dream cuz ur in a semi-conscious state to the real world.
do u ppl think that out of body experiences r possible? they say that u can play music at a specific hz and it will induce out of body experiences.
Yes, if you wake up and don''t open your eyes you can concsiously fall asleep again. Thats the best moment to influence your dreams. I''ve come to a point where I can actually check the time, and still decide to go asleep again or wake up. That way I can actually consistently sleep 11-12 hours a day if I want to.
No Flag jkl
Dragoon

dreams

Post by jkl »

iv trained myself to resume instant sleep as well. u can actually understand the real world while ur in this state as long as u dont open ur eyes, u can sleep and understand what ppl r saying to u while u sleep. im not sure if talking while in this semi-conscious state is possible though. its hard to realize if u r actually dreaming, but it would probably take a lot of training to realize that u dream and realize when u wake up.
u ppl ever try drinking some vodka/whiskey before sleeping? that might have some odd results
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

dreams

Post by momuuu »

jkl wrote:iv trained myself to resume instant sleep as well. u can actually understand the real world while ur in this state as long as u dont open ur eyes, u can sleep and understand what ppl r saying to u while u sleep. im not sure if talking while in this semi-conscious state is possible though. its hard to realize if u r actually dreaming, but it would probably take a lot of training to realize that u dream and realize when u wake up.
u ppl ever try drinking some vodka/whiskey before sleeping? that might have some odd results
A low amount of alcohol has a weird influence on my dreams... not the most pleasant one normally I think.

A high amount of alcohol just makes me dream about water.
Canada Jam
Jaeger

dreams

Post by Jam »

deleted_user wrote:On a semi related note, does anyone experience frightening sleep paralysis?
Once.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

dreams

Post by momuuu »

Ive heard horrific things about it. Hopefully Ill never have to experience it.
No Flag purplesquid
Dragoon
Donator 03

dreams

Post by purplesquid »

sometimes I realize I''m in a dream but don''t wake up. It''s cood cause I can do crazy shit but I know there are no consequences. I usually can''t control stuff that''s not me and it often does no last long
Canada Jam
Jaeger

dreams

Post by Jam »

Someone once told me that my dreams could come true. :)

[quote source="/post/28769/thread" timestamp="1437524592" author="@jerom"]Ive heard horrific things about it. Hopefully Ill never have to experience it.[/quote]That one time I had it was before I knew what it was, which always makes it worse. Full on hallucinations of people knocking on my door, hissing coming from every direction in a flurry, a cat jumping at my face and the ever present feeling that something terrible is about to happen.

[font size="7"][font color="e64219"]D[/font][font color="3a1208"]r[/font][font color="42ad8f"]e[/font][font color="424bad"]a[/font][font color="460d0d"]m[/font] [font color="473232"]D[/font][font color="703361"]u[/font][font color="e29f27"]m[/font][font color="229b6a"]p[/font][/font]

I had such a long and vivid semi-lucid dream this morning. The whole thing was about making hamburgers and they smelt delicious, but I didn't get to eat any because I woke up before they were ready. At first I was making them in a frying pan and a bunch of other people were doing the same thing. We were at stove-benches in some kind university cooking lab, but it wasn't a class. Then I was cooking them on an open grill in my basement, alone. At one point I was moving the grill and I stopped it too quickly. All the lettuce and cheese on top of the hamburgers slid off and fell in a neat pile on the floor. I had to put them back on. At the end I was doing a ceremony that involved laying stalks of wheat on some sort of stringed instrument and plucking each string. Each stalk of wheat represented a family member, but there was a complete stranger helping me out. I had to complete the ceremony before eating the hamburgers, but I woke up halfway through.

After I woke up, I made a hamburger for breakfast.

I had a semi-lucid nightmare the [years ago]. I was in my bedroom with someone and I pointed out how the wall had imprints of faces on one ceiling corner and this persons remarked that this was creepy. This was quite vivid and I wasn't aware I was dreaming, but I was very aware if you know what I mean. Also my bedroom was pretty much the same except it was longer in one direction, and was either facing the right way or rotated 90 degrees depending on which way I was facing (don't ask).

Anyways, I was sleeping in the bed with this person and this is when things went wrong. I felt disoriented and panicked. I looked up at the corner and the faces were looking at me, they said "Join the family!" in a very menacing tone. I looked at the person in bed with me, but instead of her it was this goddamn faceless shadow figure, for fucks sake. I felt such a feeling of dread and couldn't scream no matter how hard I tried. I did manage to run upstairs and as I ran past my kitchen there was a carrot being cut up on the counter by some bloody poltergeist or something and the pieces where shooting straight at me.

I woke up at that point and I was honestly afraid to go back to sleep because everytime I started to dose off that feeling of dread and disorientation came back.

It started when I was on a high floor of an office building and people were trying to find me, I had to hide from them while making my way down each floor at a time. It wasn't yet lucid, but it became lucid when I started getting pissed off that I couldn't stand up (I was walking on my knees) and that I had to go down each floor one at a time. Eventually I was able to get to an elevator and get down the the main floor.

The main floor had a large open lobby with two levels connected by an escalator. I got on the escalator and the people chasing me arrived, at this point I manage to force myself to stand up and run outside to a parking lot. I got in a car and the car chase began. After driving around and making all sorts of maneuvers to try to lose them, I ended up my neighbourhood. I drove through a house and landing in the field behind my old elementary school and the house exploded behind me. Then I woke up.

Interestingly, I always gain more control over the dream world with time until I wake up. This particular dream was first person, but driving through the house and the explosion happened in third person and I woke up immediately after.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

dreams

Post by momuuu »

Im having a knee injury thats preventing me from playing soccer. Sometimes I dream that I am playing soccer, and that the opposing team finds out about my knee injury and collectively starts kicking my knee lol.

Also, weirdly enough I dont fall in love with a girl until Ive had a dream about her.
Jaeger

dreams

jerom wrote:Im having a knee injury thats preventing me from playing soccer. Sometimes I dream that I am playing soccer, and that the opposing team finds out about my knee injury and collectively starts kicking my knee lol.
lol so sadistic
Jaeger

dreams

purplesquid wrote:
sometimes I realize Im in a dream but dont wake up. Its cood cause I can do crazy shit but I know there are no consequences. I usually cant control stuff thats not me and it often does no last long
Sounds super cool. Sometimes Im aware Im dreaming (because the level of bs is damn high) and I automatically wake up.
@jerom, @jkl and you are kinda lucky :/
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

dreams

Post by momuuu »

Not really.. I learned to control dreams because I had terrible nightmares every night as a kid. I almost had to learn how to control my dreams..