time to pr25

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

time to pr25

Post by thebritish »

How much time will it take you if you play around 2-3 games a day (max time 120 minutes in 3 games)?

I am talking for days/weeks/months... :thumbsup:
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

time to pr25

Post by gibson »

Depends on the person. All you need to get to pr 25 is a decent understanding of the game and play only Japan Iro India otto
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

time to pr25

Post by Kaiserklein »

I'd say around 3 months if you are well coached from the very beginning. If you try to improve alone, without having a real interaction with higher players, you might never even reach that pr by playing this amount of games everyday (we all know some guy who is lieut forever, playing a few games everyday, but just doing nothing to change the way he plays)
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

time to pr25

Post by _H2O »

my friend with limited RTS experience was able to do spain ff i wrote down for him on paper and get to pr 20, so surely not too long.
United States of America cedarfarms
Dragoon
ESO: Cedar_farms_

time to pr25

Post by cedarfarms »

you can get to 1st or 2nd Lt with ease really, just need to learn one or two civs that you can be versatile with and have solid builds and that should do it for you, talking to a good player to show you the ropes is important but the one thing i think is the most important aspect in this game------Idleness-----whether it be idle villies, idle military, or idle resources these are sure ways to negatively impact your chances of winning, so just learn to control your villies properly with shift clicking and set a hot key for idle villagers so you can quickly retask them, idle military and idle resources go hand in hand because idle military is just basically idle resources just already trained, you should always be trying to get something out of the military you put time and money into, and lastly idle resources, theres never a reason to stock pile 3000 food or coin unless youre late into the game ofc, but always try to macro your eco to fit the strat and unit comp you are making so that you are gathering most efficiently.
No Flag nazz121
Musketeer

time to pr25

Post by nazz121 »

I, only using British (your fav civ :D) was able to reach PR25 in about 2-3ish months of playing actively, beforehand i probably only watched and played a couple games, but was never really into aoe3, as opposed to aoe2.

But i come from a lot of experience in a lot of rts's especially classic style (aoe/sc), not to say it was easy, but i felt like at some points i improved faster than my rank showed.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

time to pr25

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Play France, it'll take you about 3 months
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

time to pr25

Post by Marco1698 »

Watch good players replay and have practise with the strategies. Start with one civ preferably not Otto because it doesn't let you improve
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

time to pr25

Post by edeholland »

If you wanna be lieut fast, I think you should play otto lol
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

time to pr25

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

I would say between 500 and 1000 games if you've never played aoe II or sc2.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

time to pr25

Post by momuuu »

Id personally say 200 games maybe? I think thats how long it took me. Depends on your mental state and the help you can find from internet guides (back then mr milo ff was the best dutch strat out there). If you have a friend helping you, its 100 games I think.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

time to pr25

Post by Papist »

Now I feel embarrassed lol. I have been playing since 2012 and am still stuck at pr 17.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.

time to pr25

Post by Marco1698 »

edeholland wrote:If you wanna be lieut fast, I think you should play otto lol

it isn''t enough I think. You need to play a lot of games before to reach that rank
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

time to pr25

Post by momuuu »

papist wrote:Now I feel embarrassed lol. I have been playing since 2012 and am still stuck at pr 17.

well, I got to a high ranking fast because I used control groups in single player xd
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

time to pr25

Post by edeholland »

marco1698 wrote:
edeholland wrote:If you wanna be lieut fast, I think you should play otto lol
it isnt enough I think. You need to play a lot of games before to reach that rank
Doesnt matter. Otto beats everything on low level. Besides, you can easily play a lot of games with otto to gain rank, you should know that, right?
No Flag Quarbi
Crossbow

time to pr25

Post by Quarbi »

I have been playing for about a year now, and I just hit pr 25.

time to pr25

Post by Marco1698 »

edeholland wrote:
marco1698 wrote: it isnt enough I think. You need to play a lot of games before to reach that rank
Doesnt matter. Otto beats everything on low level. Besides, you can easily play a lot of games with otto to gain rank, you should know that, right?

end of discussion
No Flag pounendo
Skirmisher

time to pr25

Post by pounendo »

Ive been playing since 2007, but only played probably 600 games total and im sitting around 23 pr. But I only play mostly brits and some french. Got up to pr 27 on nilla once.

One thing I have to say, it's all to do with your attention in your game and whether you are goal oreintated. You eventually hit a wall where your attention only takes you so far and you just cant handle on the actions/decision making/goals that you go through in a game and you just lose. Might be different for other people though, I've had post viral fatigue for years ... ha
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

time to pr25

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

marco1698 wrote:
edeholland wrote:Doesnt matter. Otto beats everything on low level. Besides, you can easily play a lot of games with otto to gain rank, you should know that, right?
end of discussion
What a shitpost.

time to pr25

Post by Marco1698 »

bramboy wrote:
marco1698 wrote: end of discussion
What a shitpost.
What a shitplayer
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah
ESO: ivanelterrible

time to pr25

Post by Good ol Ivan »

I have been playing for 10 years and still a liet.
No Flag drac3130
Musketeer

time to pr25

Post by drac3130 »

I would never want to deal with the anxiety of being a high PR player. I feel as though I would break my shitty mouse and I would hate to worry about some high PR opponent coming in to steal my treasures lol.