Dota 2 vs LoL what do you prefer?

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.

Dota 2
19%
League of Legends
22%
I prefer playing against garja
59%

Total votes: 32

Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

Dota 2 vs LoL
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I was introduced to dota2 first. Once youve learned some of the abilities and items of one game, its not worth learning the other onr imo. So never tried out LoL.

Atm I like Heroes of the Storm the most. More casual, more friendly environment.
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

league of garja
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

I prefer aoe3
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

HOTS.
No Flag Historien
Crossbow

Post by Historien »

I think LoL provides the perfect balance IMO. But I think HOTS might be way better.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Hots more casual. Which is kinda what you want for those games imo. Just having some fun with your teammates.

In dota it always ends up in a flamefest and it feels really terrible to be doing poorly.
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

I prefer laughing out loud to dying of the amusement. You can lol as many times as you want, but you can only dota once.
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Post by Durokan »

jerom wrote:Hots more casual. Which is kinda what you want for those games imo. Just having some fun with your teammates.

In dota it always ends up in a flamefest and it feels really terrible to be doing poorly.

or play support... :c.
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

durokan wrote:
jerom wrote:Hots more casual. Which is kinda what you want for those games imo. Just having some fun with your teammates.

or play support... :c.

well, if you want to have any fun and be casual, you have to play support because everyone else is gonna pick hard carry and contest eachothers last hits.

And then in the end youll be getting flamed for not buying enough wards (which happened because you are the only one doing so) and you will be flamed for feeding because you spend all your money supporting the bitches.

Those games really show you that we werent made to work in teams. Its just not meant to be.
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

jerom wrote:
durokan wrote: or play support... :c.
well, if you want to have any fun and be casual, you have to play support because everyone else is gonna pick hard carry and contest eachothers last hits.

And then in the end youll be getting flamed for not buying enough wards (which happened because you are the only one doing so) and you will be flamed for feeding because you spend all your money supporting the bitches.

Those games really show you that we werent made to work in teams. Its just not meant to be.

yeah, believe me, i know all about the ward flame.... It seems that as soon as I buy them my team spams the "we need wards" taunt, almost like rhey forgot about it until the icon popped up. I main support, and on the off chance that I dont get pos 5 I pick clinkz. I have like ~200 games as him, so its a nice break from support.
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

jerom wrote:
durokan wrote: or play support... :c.

Nah, were fine with working in teams. The problem is having to work with four random, anonymous strangers each game.
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

durokan wrote:
jerom wrote:well, if you want to have any fun and be casual, you have to play support because everyone else is gonna pick hard carry and contest eachothers last hits.

yeah, believe me, i know all about the ward flame.... It seems that as soon as I buy them my team spams the "we need wards" taunt, almost like rhey forgot about it until the icon popped up. I main support, and on the off chance that I dont get pos 5 I pick clinkz. I have like ~200 games as him, so its a nice break from support.

Whats your mmr?
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

bobabu wrote:
durokan wrote: yeah, believe me, i know all about the ward flame.... It seems that as soon as I buy them my team spams the "we need wards" taunt, almost like rhey forgot about it until the icon popped up. I main support, and on the off chance that I dont get pos 5 I pick clinkz. I have like ~200 games as him, so its a nice break from support.

Whats your mmr?

i dont play alone ever, in my 2000 games i have less than 50 solo q games, but when i play with my friends who are 4k i can hang even with them and not stick out. I cannt give you a definitive answer, but id say that is a reasonable estimate. this is me. i play with all of my friends, even the 1.5k scrubs and filthy "5k" lesh pickers
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

durokan wrote:
bobabu wrote:Whats your mmr?
i dont play alone ever, in my 2000 games i have less than 50 solo q games, but when i play with my friends who are 4k i can hang even with them and not stick out. I cannt give you a definitive answer, but id say that is a reasonable estimate. this is me. i play with all of my friends, even the 1.5k scrubs and filthy "5k" lesh pickers

But you cant play ranked if theres such a big mmr difference...
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

bobabu wrote:
durokan wrote: i dont play alone ever, in my 2000 games i have less than 50 solo q games, but when i play with my friends who are 4k i can hang even with them and not stick out. I cannt give you a definitive answer, but id say that is a reasonable estimate. this is me. i play with all of my friends, even the 1.5k scrubs and filthy "5k" lesh pickers

the limit is ~2000mmr difference, so i can play with people from 2-6k, assuming im not with both a 6k and 2k
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

durokan wrote:
bobabu wrote:
the limit is ~2000mmr difference, so i can play with people from 2-6k, assuming im not with both a 6k and 2k

Its max 1500 difference do you still play dota ? Whats your steam name?
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

league of legends ofc best game <3
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

bobabu wrote:
durokan wrote:the limit is ~2000mmr difference, so i can play with people from 2-6k, assuming im not with both a 6k and 2k
Its max 1500 difference do you still play dota ? Whats your steam name?

i could have sworn i edited this in, but i guess not

www.dotabuff.com/players/120299019
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

my dota2 ladder is 1800+ wtf.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja