My story My life (only child) !!!

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
No Flag centella
Crossbow

Post by centella »

Fuck you marco.. few weeks ago you made a post just to get attention. And Yes you should leave the forum this community will be a better place, your a piece of shit for making fun of someone who is struggling it makes you a coward and a douchebag, is your self esteem really that low that you laugh at people that are in a weak spot? Does this make you feel better about yourself?

medinos, I would suggest for you to find some social activities with other people so you can make friends outside this internet world. It will greatly help with your struggles and give your more self confidence.
Dont worry about what people think about you when you speak as long as what your saying makes sense it doesnt matter how you pronounce it. Life is too short to be worrying about these things. Keep your head up bro good things come to those who least expect it.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Hate to be off topic, but we need a topic to discuss jobs. Turning down 60k+ jobs while in school is not smart/I don't believe you. Degrees don't mean much nowadays. My two roommates are both business management degrees and make about 40k in downtown Chicago
United States of America Metis
Howdah

Post by Metis »

If you can find a $90,000 entry-level job with a bachelors degree or a couple of certifications then power to you. The median household income in the US is $50,000 and 66% of Americans earn less than $41,000 a year.
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

iamsoldier wrote:Hate to be off topic, but we need a topic to discuss jobs. Turning down 60k+ jobs while in school is not smart/I don''t believe you. Degrees don''t mean much nowadays. My two roommates are both business management degrees and make about 40k in downtown Chicago
business major in college is actually one of the worst you can possibly take unless coming from a top school (I guess your roommate aren''t booth grads?), so it might explain why.
It would make sense if he expects to get better offers in the near future?
90k+ straight out of college is indeed impressive
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
Pro Player

Post by SoldieR »

They both have had their degree for about 7 Years
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

benj89 wrote:
iamsoldier wrote:Hate to be off topic, but we need a topic to discuss jobs. Turning down 60k+ jobs while in school is not smart/I dont believe you. Degrees dont mean much nowadays. My two roommates are both business management degrees and make about 40k in downtown Chicago
business major in college is actually one of the worst you can possibly take unless coming from a top school (I guess your roommate arent booth grads?), so it might explain why.?
It would make sense if he expects to get better offers in the near future??
90k+ straight out of college is indeed impressive

worst on terms of money. If you have a bachelors degree in business you can probably find a starting job at around 40k vs engineering you could probably get closer to 55 or 60. However, having a business degree makes it virtually impossible to not get a job. I mean any fast food place or movie theater will basically hand you a manager position that will probably be around 30k a year. Not great but livable. Also, the cap for business is much higher. My dad has a PhD from Michigan in engineering and makes between 100-150 a year. My uncle has a bachelors in accounting and maybe masters I dont remember from Tennessee and he makes over 700 a year.

Edit: actually since my uncle works for a publicly held company, I can check how much he makesmakes. Turns out he made 1.4 mil salary plus stock options last year lol
Pro Player

Post by SoldieR »

Ya my roommate was working at dairy queen up until a few months ago. Degrees don't get you much.

I was working at ace hardware two years ago, two years out of school. Now, I'm at a job that doesn't even require a highschool degree.

Connections and internships help you the most, as well as having a good plan for after school, while you are still in school.
Damn we jacked this thread
No Flag Sgt_ROFLCopter
Musketeer

Post by Sgt_ROFLCopter »

benj89 wrote:"The only requirement to getting a high paying job is being able to persuade the employer that you are able to perform that job.This is the foundation of the merit-based system." I wish I lived in the same world as Mr ahead of the game. sounds cool
more seriously, get a college degree AND make yourself marketable for a high paying job, one doesn''t go without the other nowadays. I know some exceptions, but there are exceptions as mentioned. I actually just met one 2 weeks ago, 150k pays with no college degree, bloomberg pays for his hotel and flight back to israel every month, funny thing is he''s actually asked by the company to get a degree while working full time (not only for visa reason).
As for the straight As reference, I don''t know anyone with a 4.0 gpa from a decent school who doesn''t have plenty of opportunities, even without being a vba or c++ expert, 1-2 relevant internship are most of the time enough.
anyway, I guess that''s a thing to advise people to do what you are actually not doing, when you got your first job offer and got a few compliment because you taught yourself some programmation.
btw, any simple minded accountant who works at a big four nowadays make 60k including bonus in a big city
I didn''t advise anybody not to go to college' I stated that having a resume with only education is not enough. I actually am just now finishing my bachelors/masters and have found my education to be useful but I also meet people in industry that have excellent careers and no degrees because they they are able to learn out of a book. A famous problem we run in to at the company I work at is that new grads from some specific schools have 0 hands on experience' they''ve actually graduated with Computer Science degrees without having written more than a thousand lines of code. You get electrical engineers that can do PDEs on a whiteboard but can''t use MatLab or C and "never took a class where they had to cut a wire." And its not clearly not ALL college students' its the "will this be on the test?" or "I picked this class cause most people get A''sIt looked easy" demographic.

If you can show up to the interview and implement a solution to problems they are actually having in the workplace, they don''t care if you have a stamp that says you''re able to do it. They just watched you do it. I don''t understand why you''re dismissing this without thinking you need to somehow support or explain your dismissal.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Seriously - you need help (and not from God). A psychologist could help u figure our what is what. Maybe u have adhd or asperger- or sosial anxiety - or something else? Get help - there is help to get outhere! Dont drown yourself in lonelyness or drink. Sweet!
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.