Immortal Technique-Dance With the Devil

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
No Flag illmatic
Dragoon

Post by illmatic »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qggxTtnKTMo
what do you guys think of this song, mainly the lyrics and storytelling.
I never brag how real I keep it, cause it's the best secret
No Flag 360noob
Crossbow

Post by 360noob »

Good song. I like most of his tracks. As for the lyrics its pretty dark
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

I never would have guessed immortal was popular enough to get 20mil views
No Flag illmatic
Dragoon

Post by illmatic »

360noob wrote:Good song. I like most of his tracks. As for the lyrics its pretty dark

yea it''s pretty unique to most songs because its a "warning" song. the first time i heard it it was pretty shocking but the second time when i listened for the whole story it was twice as shocking. i like it alot and i think it''s already one of my ten maybe even five favorite songs.
No Flag cupofcoffee
Crossbow

Post by cupofcoffee »

Holy how. I never expected someone in this community to even know his name. But on topic: even though I don't agree with his political statements at all, it is undeniable to say that he is one of the most skilled rappers nowadays.
Dance with the devil is one of the best rap songs ever, the 20 million views are definately appropriate.
No Flag illmatic
Dragoon

Post by illmatic »

cupofcoffee wrote:Holy how. I never expected someone in this community to even know his name. But on topic: even though I don''t agree with his political statements at all, it is undeniable to say that he is one of the most skilled rappers nowadays.
Dance with the devil is one of the best rap songs ever, the 20 million views are definately appropriate.
I wouldn''t say appropriate while there''s some trash rap songs getting hundreds of millions of views while songs like NY state of mind, C.R.E.A.M, Full clip, shook ones etc struggle to get 20 million views. Best example is probably jay''s dead presidents which has 2 million views while his trash song with beyonce has 300,000,000+ views.
No Flag cupofcoffee
Crossbow

Post by cupofcoffee »

I wrote appropriate because this song really deserves the amount of views in contrast to some main stream crap. But to be honest if the underground mcs got more attention and success, the money would change them to the worse, just like what happened with Eminem for example.