Marco1698 is back

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Marco1698 is back

Post by evilcheadar »

thebritish wrote:
evilcheadar wrote:Thebritish idk why you use so many spoilers, theres really nothing to spoil. Otherwise Im going to work on getting more posts to defeat you and win points and street cred.
lol, how would you get more posts?
Your post frequency is low compared to me in my prime. I can come out of retirement anytime.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Marco1698 is back

Post by evilcheadar »

Face it thebritish, I'm able to get approaching half your posts all the while living like a normal human (showering, brushing my teeth, workin out, talking to people irl ect). Think about if I got serious like you and changed my vain ways.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Norway oxaloacetate
Dragoon

Marco1698 is back

Post by oxaloacetate »

metis wrote:
kaiserklein wrote:You should be careful before you write this kind of bs. In France, right now, a politician is getting booed because she used the word "race" to distinguish different ethnicities. But in the dictionary, it is written that classifying people by "race" is nothing scientific, there is no way to link genetic to "races".
Those who say that there is no genetic difference among humans or that informal taxonomic classifications such as "race" have no meaning know very little about biology.

Thank you Metis for a thorough explanation, I will try to add onto this - albeit very briefly. The best example that I can come up with on the spot for why ethnicity matters has to do with differential diagnosis. Say I am presented with a patient of which I know everything except the ethnic background -

Let us have a look for indicators for SLE (systemic lupus erythematosus), shall we:

Are female.
Are black.
Are between the ages of 15 and 45.
Have a family history of lupus.
Take medicines that are associated with drug-induced systemic lupus.

Turns out, it matter in medicine at the very least. PC or not-PC. Of course you could argue that skin colour isnt an ethnicity, but the principle holds true for that as well.

Look at the various levels for lactose intolerance sorted by geographical means - and we see the same trend. Humans are alike, but not so alike that there are no differences.

[img alt="Global lactose intolerance " src="http://cdn.foodbeast.com.s3.amazonaws.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Global-Lactose-Intolerance.png[/img]
We watched the tragedy unfold
We did as we were told
We bought and sold
It was the greatest show on earth
Great Britain Method_man714
Lancer
ESO: Therotivator

Marco1698 is back

Post by Method_man714 »

metis wrote:
kaiserklein wrote:You should be careful before you write this kind of bs. In France, right now, a politician is getting booed because she used the word "race" to distinguish different ethnicities. But in the dictionary, it is written that classifying people by "race" is nothing scientific, there is no way to link genetic to "races".
Those who say that there is no genetic difference among?humans or that informal taxonomic classifications such as "race" have no meaning?know very little?about biology. Humans like to think of themselves as apart from nature, a viewpoint perpetuated by religion. However, we are animals like any other species of animal. Specifically, we are primates of the family Hominidae, along with the other extant great apes (chimpanzee, bonobo, orangutan and gorilla). Humans can be examined genetically like any other biological organism. The term "race" doesnt have a specific biological meaning but is oftentimes used informally to classify distinct groups below the official classification of subspecies,?as are the terms "breed" and "variety."

Dogs are all of the same species but no-one is going to say they are all the same' its pretty easy to tell if a dog is a?doberman or a?dachshund. If I am going to go buy a dog and blow my top when someone asks me what breed Im interested in then I have no business owning a pet. And if Im a farmer,?I damn well better know what variety of wheat Im planting as if I dont I will almost certainty go out of business due to the fact that certain varieties are more disease resistant and climate adapted than others.

Its?pretty easy to tell?if a human?has Caucasoid, Negroid, Mongolid or?Australoid characteristics. Hell, when I was in the army I knew guys who could tell what region of Southeast Asia someone?came from just by?looking at them. Its idiotic to be so PC as to say that?neither?race, gender, age,?sexual orientation, nor personal preference?plays a part in?anything. For instance, if Im a police officer asking a witness to describe who mugged her,?Im not going get very far in my investigation if she just says "a?human." However, if she describes a middle-aged,?white, non-Hispanic male pre-op transsexual with a dragon tattoo on his left bicep then I have a pretty good chance of identifying?the perp.

Genetic variation is geographically structured, as expected from the partial isolation of human populations during much of their history. Because traditional concepts of race are in turn correlated with geography, it is inaccurate to state that race is "biologically meaningless." -- Genetic variation, classification and race. -- ?Lynn B Jorde & Stephen P Wooding, Department of Human Genetics, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah. Nature Genetics 36, S28 - S33 (2004)

We do not originate from apes, there is 0 scientific evidence to support this claim, just a theory
hazzarov: can u fk off callen
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Marco1698 is back

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

Yeah just a theory, like the theory of gravity.
United States of America Metis
Howdah

Marco1698 is back

Post by Metis »

frycookofdoom wrote:Yeah just a theory, like the theory of gravity.
Each time I want to lift something heavy I just stop believing in general relativity.
Mexico fitosone
Crossbow

Marco1698 is back

Post by fitosone »

nepenthes714 wrote:
metis wrote:Those who say that there is no genetic difference among humans or that informal taxonomic classifications such as "race" have no meaning know very little about biology. Humans like to think of themselves as apart from nature, a viewpoint perpetuated by religion. However, we are animals like any other species of animal. Specifically, we are primates of the family Hominidae, along with the other extant great apes (chimpanzee, bonobo, orangutan and gorilla). Humans can be examined genetically like any other biological organism. The term "race" doesnt have a specific biological meaning but is oftentimes used informally to classify distinct groups below the official classification of subspecies, as are the terms "breed" and "variety."

Dogs are all of the same species but no-one is going to say they are all the same' its pretty easy to tell if a dog is a doberman or a dachshund. If I am going to go buy a dog and blow my top when someone asks me what breed Im interested in then I have no business owning a pet. And if Im a farmer, I damn well better know what variety of wheat Im planting as if I dont I will almost certainty go out of business due to the fact that certain varieties are more disease resistant and climate adapted than others.

Its pretty easy to tell if a human has Caucasoid, Negroid, Mongolid or Australoid characteristics. Hell, when I was in the army I knew guys who could tell what region of Southeast Asia someone came from just by looking at them. Its idiotic to be so PC as to say that neither race, gender, age, sexual orientation, nor personal preference plays a part in anything. For instance, if Im a police officer asking a witness to describe who mugged her, Im not going get very far in my investigation if she just says "a human." However, if she describes a middle-aged, white, non-Hispanic male pre-op transsexual with a dragon tattoo on his left bicep then I have a pretty good chance of identifying the perp.

We do not originate from apes, there is 0 scientific evidence to support this claim, just a theory
Actually you are absolutely right, we do not originate from apes rather from a common ancestor with apes at some time but we do belong to the same family as apes we are primates, a scientific theory is not just a bunch of believes randomly written to make sense, this theories have basis on scientific studies thats why Darwin visited the galapago islands.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Marco1698 is back

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

thebritish wrote:Examples are Mr. Bramboy who is blaming me and attacking me in every thread where he gets a chance and few others who were creating new accounts

what.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Marco1698 is back

Post by momuuu »

bramboy wrote:
thebritish wrote:Examples are Mr. Bramboy ?who is blaming me and attacking me in every thread where he gets a chance and few?others who were creating new accounts
what.

keep it up my boy, you already made marco leave.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Marco1698 is back

Post by yemshi »

bramboy wrote:
thebritish wrote:Examples are Mr. Bramboy who is blaming me and attacking me in every thread where he gets a chance and few others who were creating new accounts
what.
For some reason I always think you are KingOfOsmane...
No Flag Wuangaga
Lancer

Marco1698 is back

Post by Wuangaga »

yemshi wrote:
bramboy wrote:what.
lol, same for me
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Marco1698 is back

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

yemshi wrote:
bramboy wrote:what.
My sincere apologies, I dont want that to happen. Ill change my avatar.
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Marco1698 is back

Post by MCJim »

bramboy wrote:
yemshi wrote:For some reason I always think you are KingOfOsmane...
My sincere apologies, I dont want that to happen. Ill change my avatar.
Right, KingWillemAlexander aka Mr_Bramboy aka KingOfOsmane.
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Marco1698 is back

Post by thebritish »

mcjim wrote:
bramboy wrote:My sincere apologies, I dont want that to happen. Ill change my avatar.
Right, KingWillemAlexander aka Mr_Bramboy aka KingOfOsmane.
+1
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Marco1698 is back

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

thebritish wrote:
mcjim wrote:Right, KingWillemAlexander aka Mr_Bramboy aka KingOfOsmane.
+1
Please dont compare me to osmane. You may hate me all you want (and rightfully so), but please dont compare me to osmane.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Marco1698 is back

Post by thebritish »

bramboy wrote:
thebritish wrote:+1
Please dont compare me to osmane. You may hate me all you want (and rightfully so), but please dont compare me to osmane.
why?
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
India Nymphomaniac
Dragoon

Marco1698 is back

Post by Nymphomaniac »

bramboy wrote:
thebritish wrote:+1
lol you are encouraging him to believe that you are osmane.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Marco1698 is back

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

thebritish wrote:
bramboy wrote:Please dont compare me to osmane. You may hate me all you want (and rightfully so), but please dont compare me to osmane.
why?
Because osmane is not a nice civilian and I try to be nice to everyone, especially to your mom.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Marco1698 is back

Post by thebritish »

bramboy wrote:
thebritish wrote:why?
Because osmane is not a nice civilian and I try to be nice to everyone, especially to your mom.
"this post has been reported"
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Marco1698 is back

Post by yemshi »

lol?
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Marco1698 is back

Post by thebritish »

yemshi wrote:lol?
its true
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Marco1698 is back

Post by yemshi »

no?
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Marco1698 is back

Post by thebritish »

yemshi wrote:no?
i reported the post
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Marco1698 is back

Post by yemshi »

oh good lord....
France iNcog
Ninja

Marco1698 is back

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.