Starcraftz thread

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
Great Britain Method_man714
Lancer
ESO: Therotivator

Starcraftz thread

Post by Method_man714 »

Pm Wickedcossack on this forum, just ask all the questions you like and keep spamming, he will love to answer all your questions, don't hold back
hazzarov: can u fk off callen
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Starcraftz thread

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

in all fairness most of the games I have watched in star craft follow the similar pattern and each civ does have its similarities in its difference. each has a observer unit, each has a cloakable unit, each has a mass spash damage energy weapons etc... i'm not disagreeing that they are totally unique civs, they are and its fun, but I wouldn't go as far to say aoe doesn't have much diversity especially when compared to aoe1 and 2. Every civ has at least 2 or more unique units. with lots of varying game play. and tons of further unique units with natives and mercs. The urumi is perhaps my favorite unit, unlike SC this game is trying to be historically accurate and muskets were the back bone of the armies of the day. Id like to see a AOE2 remake with vastly more types of infantry though, like shielded to counter archers, 2 handed heavy armor to counter shielded, mace flail to counter 2 handed, pike to counter cav etc... then also have archers to counter all but shielded, skirmishers to counter archers, and maybe shielded. cav to counter inf, cav to counter archers, cav to counter cav. to have some really dynamic battles.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Starcraftz thread

Post by Hazza54321 »

nepenthes714 wrote:Starcraft. Is a lot harder than aoe, with such small timing windows and little margin for error. However personally I feel aoe is slightly more fun to play, one reason being how frustrating sc2 is, like forgetting to build turrets and losing your whole scv line to an oracle or Dts
listen to this guy he knows
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Starcraftz thread

Post by momuuu »

Aoe is a lot more fun to me. You can be good at it if you barely even practice, just because you are a strategical mastermind. Thats really the problem of sc2 aswell, its a strategy game but the mechanics are so tough to do well that the game is hardly more strategical than a fps if you are a slower/unpracticed player. Thats were aoe really shines. Aoe is the definition of easy to play, hard to master. Sc2 is hard to play, hard to master.

Variety in sc2 isnt an issue. 90% of players only play one race (so three different match ups). If those were too stagnant, more people would be playing all three races.