Bernie Sanders next president of USA

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Re: Bernie Sanders next president of USA

Post by Laurence Drake »

briowl wrote:ALERT! ALERT! IDIOT INCOMING!

Of course, if you adopt LF then you will instantly become a strategically crucial point on the world's major shipping lanes. It just makes sense. Geophaphy plays no part at all.

BTW the parties switched platforms so the democrat party of today is actually the republican party of yesteryear

http://www.livescience.com/34241-democr ... forms.html

having said that I've no interest in discussing this with you

There are literally two other cities close to Hong Kong that were major ports when Hong Kong was still a fishing village. Geography had nothing to do with Hong Kong overtaking them.
Top quality poster.
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

sacredfool wrote:
Laurence Drake wrote:Who freed the slaves?
Who busted the trusts?

The Republican party was certainly superior to the democratic party at one stage. Not so at this stage after all the realignment though.

Laurence Drake wrote:Who presided over American prosperity in the 20th century?

The democrats. (and Eisenhower- but with his 91% tax rate Im not so sure republicans are in a hurry to claim him)

Aha! My source says otherwise!
Top quality poster.
No Flag sacredfool
Crossbow

Post by sacredfool »

Your source actually agrees with me that democrats presided over better economic conditions (which you originally attributed to the republicans- which is not true) it just questions whether they were really all that responsible for this or just lucky. (This is very fair- Clinton has enormous job growth whilst president- but really very little of this was about him- just economic conditions at the time- all he does is act as a case study against the "IF YOU RAISE TAXES THE ECONOMY WILL COLLAPSE" argument.)

I'll just pull out a quote from your source though.

"Shapiro notes that the levels of public investment in "education, infrastructure and basic non-military research" under the Clinton and Reagan administrations are head and shoulders above such investments made by Bush II and Obama. Such investments can help bolster labor force skills and worker productivity and ultimately help drive both economic growth and wage gains."

Which party do you think would be more likely to be doing more of this if given full control in this years elections?

All in all I'm not so sure your source is all that good for supporting your side of this argument at all.
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

sacredfool wrote:Your source actually agrees with me that democrats presided over better economic conditions (which you originally attributed to the republicans- which is not true) it just questions whether they were really all that responsible for this or just lucky. (This is very fair- Clinton has enormous job growth whilst president- but really very little of this was about him- just economic conditions at the time- all he does is act as a case study against the "IF YOU RAISE TAXES THE ECONOMY WILL COLLAPSE" argument.)

I'll just pull out a quote from your source though.

"Shapiro notes that the levels of public investment in "education, infrastructure and basic non-military research" under the Clinton and Reagan administrations are head and shoulders above such investments made by Bush II and Obama. Such investments can help bolster labor force skills and worker productivity and ultimately help drive both economic growth and wage gains."

Which party do you think would be more likely to be doing more of this if given full control in this years elections?

All in all I'm not so sure your source is all that good for supporting your side of this argument at all.

An establishment candidate like Rubio wouldn't withdraw public investment from education and infrastructure.

My article says that Republican presidents have had a greater beneficial impact on economic policy than Democrat ones.

The Republicans were in power for the majority of the 20th century, which is what I was referring to with my original statement. The 20th century in general was prosperous for the United States, and the Republicans presided over most of that.
Top quality poster.
No Flag sacredfool
Crossbow

Post by sacredfool »

"If anything, and we would not make too much of small differences, both fiscal and monetary policy actions seem to be a bit more stabilizing when a Republican is president – even though Federal Reserve chairmen appointed by Democrats preside over faster growth than Federal Reserve chairmen appointed by Republicans by a wide margin."

Is as far as your article goes. Now I would generally disagree with that anyway still, but it is not an enormous endorsement of republicans past.

It does also say investment in education and infrastructure as being very good for growth- democrats want to expand such funding republicans certainly don't want to do that, they want to cut it. (Also Rubio isn't going to be the nominee, 3-2-1 may have been a strategy, 3-5-1 is not.) It's just amusing to me that your article you used to defend your position is sensibly viewed as implying the democrats would be better right now.

Democrats had the presidency for 47 or 48 years of the 20th century (2000 should count but maybe doesn't depending on your point of view.) That is only slightly less than the Republicans, not enough for your argument in favour of them on that front to be particularly strong in my opinion.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Laurence Drake: Did u really read the post by Briow???? Its just so funny how you interpret the text in the opposite meaning it has. Dude, your are something else :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
No Flag briowl
Dragoon

Post by briowl »

iwillspankyou wrote:Laurence Drake: Did u really read the post by Briow???? Its just so funny how you interpret the text in the opposite meaning it has. Dude, your are something else :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:

He just makes shit up it's hilarious!!! :lol: :roll: :P

Geography is what you want it to be LOL
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

sacredfool wrote:"If anything, and we would not make too much of small differences, both fiscal and monetary policy actions seem to be a bit more stabilizing when a Republican is president – even though Federal Reserve chairmen appointed by Democrats preside over faster growth than Federal Reserve chairmen appointed by Republicans by a wide margin."

Is as far as your article goes. Now I would generally disagree with that anyway still, but it is not an enormous endorsement of republicans past.

It does also say investment in education and infrastructure as being very good for growth- democrats want to expand such funding republicans certainly don't want to do that, they want to cut it. (Also Rubio isn't going to be the nominee, 3-2-1 may have been a strategy, 3-5-1 is not.) It's just amusing to me that your article you used to defend your position is sensibly viewed as implying the democrats would be better right now.

Democrats had the presidency for 47 or 48 years of the 20th century (2000 should count but maybe doesn't depending on your point of view.) That is only slightly less than the Republicans, not enough for your argument in favour of them on that front to be particularly strong in my opinion.

The Republicans do not want to cut education and infrastructure. There are some libertarians who do, but they do not represent the mainstream establishment. Maybe if you viewed Republicans more realistically you would be able to come up with some interesting points.
Top quality poster.
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

briowl wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:Laurence Drake: Did u really read the post by Briow???? Its just so funny how you interpret the text in the opposite meaning it has. Dude, your are something else :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:

He just makes shit up it's hilarious!!! :lol: :roll: :P

Geography is what you want it to be LOL

You some to be on here an awful lot. Do you really have nothing better to do than argue with strangers on the internet over whether Donald Trump is the Messiah?
Top quality poster.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

That's just priceless

No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Goodspeed wrote:That's just priceless

I'm convinced he is actually the second coming of Metis.
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Drake is keeping this tread ALIVE for sure ;) And if its me your hinting too Drake: I started this thread, so no wonder why im interested in it? 8-)
No Flag sacredfool
Crossbow

Post by sacredfool »

Laurence Drake wrote:The Republicans do not want to cut education and infrastructure. There are some libertarians who do, but they do not represent the mainstream establishment. Maybe if you viewed Republicans more realistically you would be able to come up with some interesting points.

Between the republicans and the democrats, which wants to invest more in education and infrastructure?

The answer here is not difficult.

Since more or less the start of Obama's presidency most democrats would have happily spent more on infrastructure/education but have not been able to because of republicans. (See the failed American jobs act for example- though that isn't just that as it has some tax cuts in it to try to buy republican votes.)

It's not me that is viewing republicans unrealistically.
No Flag briowl
Dragoon

Post by briowl »

Laurence Drake wrote: You some to be on here an awful lot. Do you really have nothing better to do than argue with strangers on the internet over whether Donald Trump is the Messiah?

It's called noob-bashing and AOE3 players do it alot (just so we're clear you're the NOOB we're bashing).

:lol: :D :) :P

BTW Hong Kong is an island not a f****** fishing village
No Flag sacredfool
Crossbow

Post by sacredfool »

Dr. Legend wrote:Federal and state spending aren't the same thing.

Indeed not. But the discussion over that originated from a source that was talking about economic growth based on the president at the time- and the policies implemented by them- and so was clearly about federal policy.

It is worth noting though that even at the state level democrats are generally more supportive of increased (or not decreased) spending on education and infrastructure. Of course this does not necessarily mean this is a good thing- but again I was using the internal logic of the source Laurence Drake was using to argue for the superiority of the Republican party to argue against him.

Dr. Legend wrote: Republicans are currently trying to reform education on the state level, but Democrats are refusing to buck the unions. Union dollars are just too good to deny.

After recieving this wonderful wisdom from you I went to do some more research, and given that it is the damn democrats who are to blame for the terrible education, imagine my surprise to find that on this list 12 out of the bottom 15 states for high school graduation rates went for Mccain in 2008 in the presidential election. (He carried 22 in total.) If you go by percentage with a bachelors degree then 11 of the bottom 15 states went for Mccain. If by percentage with advanced degree (probably the worst choice of the measures available for this purpose) then it's 12 of the bottom 15 again.

So I'm afraid I require more wisdom from you, how is it that the democrats have more power over the education systems (as they are the cause of education problems- I learnt this from you just now- its them and their union money) in republican states than in democratic states?

Dr. Legend wrote: This Union-Democrat control of education has led it to become one of the worst in the developed world, and you are a great example of a product of this system.

I'm actually not from America, again I'm noticing a weird pattern, we're much more left wing over here in Europe and also generally have better education systems, as you noted. Funny how that works out.
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

Haha, good troll Mr. Ledgend!
Top quality poster.
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

Goodspeed wrote:That's just priceless

Do you really have nothing better to do than stalk me on social media?
Top quality poster.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Bernie Sanders raised 5,4 million dollars from small donations in 24 hours !!!!!!!!!!!!! WITHOUT selling his soul to BIG CORP. This guy is not going away anytime soon. The enthusiasm for this guy is enormous.
https://youtu.be/oWtkdf_c4Bs
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Republicans says Sanders politics will make the Government BIG.
The republican party dont want Big Government.
But when it comes to putting ppl (especially Afro Americans) in jail - USA has the biggest government in the world. No other country has more ppl in jail - and for small crimes (Marijuana). In Wisconsin 13 percent of Afro Americans are in jail!!!!!!!!!!!! (What a waist)
When it comes to free choise for women over their own body; they want BIG Government
When it comes to spending on military and sending troops to Irak, they surely wanted BIG Government, with have destabilized the whole Arab region.

There is a concept for that: in the "nice" term it called "doble standards" - in the more appropriate term: HIPPOCRACY :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Hippocracy.

This thread is legendary at this point
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

I fully support Hippocracy!
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Goodspeed: pls explain the legendary thing? dont understand - me just a Norwegian :?: :?: :D Maybe i misspelled?? lol :P
And if I have anything to say - this tread will go on - and on - to the final :idea: GO SANDERS :!: :!: :!:
(hypocritically - google told me to spell it like this, but i prefer the first spelling!) No more Hippoes :twisted:
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

I for one welcome our new hippo overlords.
Top quality poster.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

makes sense : the hippos is the one specie that are killing most humans in the worls- uncontested.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

for those u dont know what endorsement is all about: and a little more about how the election works - this is some information:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjVc5Inf0W8
https://youtu.be/bb2dCb9t67c