Bernie Sanders next president of USA

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
France iNcog
Ninja

Re: Bernie Sanders next president of USA

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag PoniPoika
Skirmisher

Post by PoniPoika »

Well yes of course, though I was more interested in your views on the question I asked (which as stated, is more a paradigm for gun control anywhere, while the latter point is just about the specific case of the us)
@incog
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

There's really no reason why civilians should posses firearms whatsoever. That's why the government is said to have the monopoly of force, because you're paying taxes for them to handle armed defense and public order. Letting ordinary citizens own firearms can only lead to chaotic outcomes, in which sometimes firearms are used for self-defense, sometimes to commit crimes, and many times can produce accidental injuries or deaths. There is a reason why soldiers and policemen are trained to use a firearm and have a license to use it.

Sure, I can see the appeal of owning a gun, I'd like to own a gun too. I'd like to go in the desert and shoot empty cans of beer just for fun. Or have a hooker suck my dick in the desert, while I'm shooting with a semi-automatic in the air and shouting "Europe, fuckyea!"

But is this worth it having tens of casualties everyday, just because some kid got upset he got ks'd in LoL and he couldn't do his penta, so he goes on a shooting spree? Nope.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

The best defense is to not have to defend you in the first place.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Slightly relevant to past discussions....... Another reason why I think guns should be illegal.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/12/us/orland ... index.html
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

It literally makes me physically ill when I think that 80 people each day die from gunshot wounds, that a large number of these people wouldn't have died if guns weren't legal, and yet people have the gall to try to argue guns should be legal. In my mind, if illegalizing guns saved 1 life it would be worth it. At the very least we need heavy heavy restrictions....
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

@iNcog

Yeah, some degree of gun ownership is allowed in a few European countries, conditions vary a lot. I think in France you need a hunting or sporting license for that? In Germany ordinary citizens aren't allowed to posses arms for self-defense, you need different reasons to apply for a license. Even in my country, you either need a hunter permit or a judicial decision, for example if you are a businessman carrying large sums of money or trade secrets and you need special protection, for stuff like that. But most common, ordinary citizens don't need firearms and don't really posses them in Europe. I emphasise the word most. In some countries, the regime of arms ownership is more permissive than in others, but in general gun ownership is much much less common in Europe than in the USA. And may also be a reason why we rarely have any shooting sprees here.

"Let" citizens do "x" when they MIGHT cause problems? Get over yourself, go back to the Soviet Union if you don't want people to what they want.

Guns are too dangerous a thing to let people fool around with. It's like allowing them to own Ebola cultures or superdeadly viruses in their own personal labs, JUST because they should be free to do anything, right? What are we? A bunch of Communist Russians to ban the production and ownership of deadly viruses by common citizens? Or atomic weapons? Cmon... Get woken up inside, son. We want nuclear and bacteriological freeeduhms!
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Because the main purpose of guns is to shoot a target and destroy it. Which means, when used on living targets, a weapon's main use is to destroy living targets.
The main usecase for a weapon is not sports or shooting beercans, that's not why producers are making them by the milions every year. They're warfare tools. So it makes no sense to allow citizens to posses wartime tools during peacetime.

Unless they're psychotic and need to feel that adrenaline going only when they shoot weapons and rape. Maybe for psychotic individuals there should be special laws, to allow them to go in a desert and get their thrills.

Better question: why do you personally need a weapon? Feeling insecure in France?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

@incog I never said that this particular instance was caused because of lax gun laws or would have been prevented with harsher gun laws. However, there are tons and tons of other situations where a legally purchased fire arm was purchased by a non criminal and used to kill. To what purpose does owning a gun help someone? Sense defense? Buy mace, a tazer, a knife, or take a sense defense course. You still have not provided a single positive thing that guns do that would provide a counter balance to the thousands of deaths that legally purchased guns cause each year.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

iNcog wrote:Warfare tools can be used peacefully for people who are interested in firearms generally speaking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cddCTPLdibk

Educate yourself a little and try to be more open-minded. It's pretty bad to assume that your own views should be the views which everyone else has. There's nothing wrong with sport-shooting, hunting, collecting or being interested in tools which are a huge part of our world. It's petty and imo, disgusting, to try to enforce your own ideals upon others, especially when they stem from ignorance.

Yep. As a guy who has a passion and interest in Bacillus anthracis, Burkholderia mallei, Burkholderia pseudomallei, Coxiella burnetii, Francisella tularensis, Vibrio cholerae, and Yersinia pestis I should be allowed to grow them in my personal lab. It's disgusting you Communist people would like to prevent me from following my passion for microbiology. Or for enriching Uranium in my garage.

Why would you suspect any wrong reasons behind this passion for microbiology?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

iNcog wrote:People keep assuming that I'm defending the right to kill other people or something it's so ridiculously fucking obnoxious to deal with people who are unable to nuance their views.
Um I did read it? You can fly because flying isn't particularly dangerous to others. Even if you crash it's more likely than not the only one who will end up dead is you. Individuals with pilots liscenses do not kill people. An individual with a gun does. I already told, over 80 people EVERY DAY die in the US from gun wounds. Now would all these people be saved if guns were illegal? I'm not that stupid. But based on statistics from countries that have super strict gun control it's perfectly reasonable to believe that half of them wouldn't die. So my justification for illegalizing guns is 15,000 lives a year. I'm sorry but if you're willing to let 15,000 people die every year so that papa Joe can go hunting once a month than you are a fucked up human being. Also, an air rifle is completely different lol. It's not a firearm and isn't even really a gun lol.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

gibson wrote:It literally makes me physically ill when I think that 80 people each day die from gunshot wounds, that a large number of these people wouldn't have died if guns weren't legal, and yet people have the gall to try to argue guns should be legal. In my mind, if illegalizing guns saved 1 life it would be worth it. At the very least we need heavy heavy restrictions....

just this
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

50 people were killed in yet another mass shooting in the US. But iNcog will still insist that America doesn't have a gun problem.
Top quality poster.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

iwillspankyou wrote:@Laurence Drake I guess that depends on what you mean by that.
Do I think Clinton will be nominated? Yes sadly I do.
Do I think it was a fair election? No - definitely not!
Do I think Sanders running will have long term impact on US politics? Of Course it will :P

It was only a matter of time before @iwillspankyou started claiming Clinton cheated in California - she simply can't accept that not everyone thinks, acts, and votes exactly as she does. Here's what happened in CA, and states all over the country: more people voted for Clinton. That remains true, much as ideologues like you hate to hear it. But of course you can't accept that, so it comes time to make excuses, like voter fraud (if you have a smidgen of proof I'd love to hear about it, since not even TYT is making that batshit claim). I have heard lots of others similarly ridiculous excuses.

TL;DR The people don't want Bernie. If you can't bring yourself to vote for Hillary ( oh wait, you aren't even American...), don't, but stop making up bullshit excuses as to why Bernie lost. It just makes you look like a looney toon.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

iwillspankyou wrote:@Papist - this thread was never about guns! that is why i dont want to debate the subject anymore :idea:

Then stop discussing the topic, obviously. Maybe the discussion will get back on track if you post some more angry rants from YouTube Berniebots.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

I just read that there are 2 - 3 mill votes in California, that are not counted yet. So we will have to see @Papist . There is also several lawsuits being filed.
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

In about eleven states, there has been noted a significant difference between the exit polls and the electronic vote totals presented on the morning after the primaries. These differences show votes appear to be shifted from Bernie Sanders to Hillary Clinton. The chances of this kind of shift happening are considered to be statistically impossible between Tuesday night and Wednesday morning in these eleven states.

https://www.google.no/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... lE3Cx90Etg
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.