Bernie Sanders next president of USA

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Re: Bernie Sanders next president of USA

Post by gibson »

That's fair
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

iNcog wrote:
Jerom wrote:Why would you blame the government for whats happening? Its the greed of the banks and the people thats the problematic part imo.

maybe blame the government who first let banks do whatever the fuck they wanted

and then blame the government again for bailing out the banks when the banks gamble didn't pay off

and then blame the government for not telling the banks to get their shit straight. what happened after the bail? banks went back to making record profits

who paid? the "people" aka ameritard tax payers

both banks and governments are fucking stupid on this one. the people are the ones who bore the brunt of the consequences, they aren't the cause of it

lol >_<

He was blaming the government for interferring though.
Niue Le Dragon
Dragoon

Post by Le Dragon »

iNcog wrote:
Jerom wrote:Why would you blame the government for whats happening? Its the greed of the banks and the people thats the problematic part imo.

and then blame the government again for bailing out the banks when the banks gamble didn't pay off

and then blame the government for not telling the banks to get their shit straight. what happened after the bail? banks went back to making record profits

both banks and governments are fucking stupid on this one. the people are the ones who bore the brunt of the consequences, they aren't the cause of it

lol >_<

>record profits
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

iNcog wrote:

lol >_<
If you ask me it can all be traced back to the fact that there's too much money in politics. It's hard to blame governments for allowing the banks to invest however they wish when that was exactly what big money lobbyists wanted them to allow. It's also hard to blame governments for allowing banks to get as big as they did, even that may have been near impossible to prevent given the massive political power banks can buy. I'd say it all comes down to corruption and how do you get rid of that when your economic stability relies on people valuing profit above all else? You can keep blaming individual players but in the end it's the system that's broken.
Also,
If the banks had been allowed to fail the economy would have crumbled globally, it would likely have been the end of capitalism. But, if you allow me this interpretation, you have a point, maybe it would've been for the best in the long run. It would have taught us the hard way that the problem is bigger than a couple of greedy banks and negligent government supvervision. Alas, the rock didn't roll down far enough and we've collectively started pushing it back up again. It's a joke, really.
Oh they definitely told the banks to get their shit straight, some governments even tried to force them on some occasions, the naive fools. Banks said "Nah" and continued to do what they've always done, and while they command the political power that they do and while our economic stability relies on them so heavily there's nothing anyone can do about it.

TLDR: We're all fucked
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

gibson wrote:Honestly, after doing a little more research, I don't think Clinton will be a particularly bad president.
What makes you think she in any way knows what she's doing? From what I've seen and read about her she's a shitty politician lifted up by her friends. I'll grant you that having friends is valuable in itself, but I don't see her being a good commander in chief. Some important decisions are going to have to be made and I don't trust her to make the right ones tbh.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

President doesn't make that many important decisions Tbh. Arguably the most important is supreme Court justices. She'll likely appoint moderate liberals who will at the very least get civil rights issues right, which is one of the biggest issues for me. I mean the United states won't get more progressive under her, but we won't be going backwards either.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Fair enough. I think the same can be said about Trump to some extent, but something tells me foreign relations would crumble under him.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

gibson wrote:President doesn't make that many important decisions Tbh. Arguably the most important is supreme Court justices. She'll likely appoint moderate liberals who will at the very least get civil rights issues right, which is one of the biggest issues for me. I mean the United states won't get more progressive under her, but we won't be going backwards either.

But think of the comedic value to see the self declared greatest country on earth go to shit gibson. Don't you want to see that happen?
Goodspeed wrote:Fair enough. I think the same can be said about Trump though tbh.

I think trump isn't going to go full retard once he's president. The art of the deal is one of his main things, and a narcist can't go full retard, that conflicts with his narcism.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

He lives in it... And while part of me would enjoy America crumbling, the EU is not exactly independent of it. Just look at 2008
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Goodspeed wrote:He lives in it...

well then he can be happy for me enjoying it :)
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Jerom wrote:
gibson wrote:President doesn't make that many important decisions Tbh. Arguably the most important is supreme Court justices. She'll likely appoint moderate liberals who will at the very least get civil rights issues right, which is one of the biggest issues for me. I mean the United states won't get more progressive under her, but we won't be going backwards either.

But think of the comedic value to see the self declared greatest country on earth go to shit gibson. Don't you want to see that happen?
being that I live in that country, yesh!
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Goodspeed wrote:Fair enough. I think the same can be said about Trump to some extent, but something tells me foreign relations would crumble under him.
I don't, although no one really knows what trump believes or what he would do. I'm not sure if he's just pandering to the conservatives with all the bullshit he spews or if he actually believes it. One things for certain though, he has no idea how 99.99% of people live. He's used to always getting his way and being able to buy anything. He's a businessman(and not a particularly good one) not a politician. I doubt he'll be willing to compromise on anything. I certainly don't want someone like that running the country.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

You do get extra media coverage, whereas I'll only get to see the highlights. You must be excited.
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

gibson wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:Fair enough. I think the same can be said about Trump to some extent, but something tells me foreign relations would crumble under him.
I don't, although no one really knows what trump believes or what he would do. I'm not sure if he's just pandering to the conservatives with all the bullshit he spews or if he actually believes it. One things for certain though, he has no idea how 99.99% of people live. He's used to always getting his way and being able to buy anything. He's a businessman(and not a particularly good one) not a politician. I doubt he'll be willing to compromise on anything. I certainly don't want someone like that running the country.

If he's misleading his supporters and loses, there will be blood (coming out of his wherever).
Error 404: Signature not found
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
Niue Le Dragon
Dragoon

Post by Le Dragon »

iNcog wrote:Who the fuck saved Europe's ass in the second world war?

The Soviet Union.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

>Russia
>freedom

Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Le Dragon wrote:

The Soviet Union.

This is probably the most correct answer.

I read that germany is going to upgrade its military to protect the world so we dutchies can just keep chillin with our 30000 man army or sth that can't even affort equipment. Also I wanted to throw out there that the USA is also kinda the reason for this terrorism stuff by spreading their freedom so aggressively in an attempt to obtain the freedomfuel.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
Niue Le Dragon
Dragoon

Post by Le Dragon »

iNcog wrote:jesus christ you didn't even read my post, yet again

see dolan's post

Le Dragon wrote:

The Soviet Union.

When I say "saved Europe's ass", I meant, "who are we supposed to thank that we weren't a part of the fucking soviet union" ?

damn it, rofl

That's impossible to say. We don't know how far the Red Army would have advanced, or whether the Allies could have invaded France without the Americans.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

I wonder how far Stalin would have taken it if the U.S never entered the war; would he have occupied Scandinavia and the UK as well as south-western Europe, or would he have settled for Germany, Italy and everything eastward?