Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
United States of America lesllamas
Lancer

15 Oct 2015, 15:34

Question in the title. Google searches yielded no connection between "Gurkha" and cucumber. A lot of his pronunciations have nagged at me for a while, but I at least understand where he's coming from ("courairers de bois" lol). But what in the actual fuck does he mean by "cucumbers"?
No Flag noissance
Howdah
Donator 01

15 Oct 2015, 15:38

Their e-penes are shaped like cucumbers? (A guess)
Error 404: Signature not found
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 04
ESO: EAGLEMUT

15 Oct 2015, 15:51

lesllamas wrote:Question in the title. Google searches yielded no connection between "Gurkha" and cucumber. A lot of his pronunciations have nagged at me for a while, but I at least understand where he''s coming from ("courairers de bois" lol). But what in the actual fuck does he mean by "cucumbers"?
Gurkha apparently sounds like the word "cucumber" in some non-English languages. It kinda does in mine as well, Ogurkha would sound exactly the same.
momuuu wrote:theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Germany DerMaxinator
Dragoon
ESO: Maxinator_99

15 Oct 2015, 15:55

The German word for cucumber is "Gurke" and because Gurkha is pronounced similar in english to the German "Gurke" he calls them cucumber...

Please note that this is just a guess and that I always wanted to know as well :D
But I'm German, so that's my guess :)
Ain't no skills in makin' vills :twisted:
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

15 Oct 2015, 16:40

It probably has more to do with Norwegian.
No Flag purplesquid
Dragoon
Donator 02

15 Oct 2015, 16:48

Interjection is studying linguistics (I think) at college. He noticed that Gurkha sounds like the word for cucumber in many languages so decided to call them that. . .
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
ESO: mr_bramboy

15 Oct 2015, 16:59

Augurk.
Norway oxaloacetate
Dragoon

15 Oct 2015, 17:02

zoom wrote:It probably has more to do with Norwegian.
representin''!
We watched the tragedy unfold
We did as we were told
We bought and sold
It was the greatest show on earth
Sweden cramper
Skirmisher

15 Oct 2015, 17:06

Gurka is the swedish word for cucumber. Possible same or similiar in norway im clueless there ')
United States of America Metis
Howdah

15 Oct 2015, 17:22

In the US you can buy gherkin pickles, which are made of cucumbers. Pickle is derived from the Dutch pekel, meaning "brine." Gherkin is from the Greek, angourion, meaning "cucumber." Therefore, gherkin pickles are literally pickled cucumbers. Gurkha, on the other hand comes down from the Sanscrit gauh "cow" + raksati "he protects."
Tuvalu gibson
Gendarme

15 Oct 2015, 17:51

metis wrote:In the US you can buy gherkin pickles, which are made of cucumbers. Pickle is derived from the Dutch pekel, meaning "brine." Gherkin is from the Greek, angourion, meaning "cucumber." Therefore, gherkin pickles are literally pickled cucumbers. Gurkha, on the other hand comes down from the Sanscrit gauh "cow" + raksati "he protects."

aren''t normal pickles just pickled cucumbers anyway?
Germany DerMaxinator
Dragoon
ESO: Maxinator_99

15 Oct 2015, 17:55

metis wrote:In the US you can buy gherkin pickles, which are made of cucumbers. Pickle is derived from the Dutch pekel, meaning "brine." Gherkin is from the Greek, angourion, meaning "cucumber." Therefore, gherkin pickles are literally pickled cucumbers. Gurkha, on the other hand comes down from the Sanscrit gauh "cow" + raksati "he protects."
[img]https://images.rapgenius.com/13acf40eb3b82595c519a3dea5b54daa.1000x920x1.jpg[/img]
Ain't no skills in makin' vills :twisted:
United States of America Metis
Howdah

15 Oct 2015, 18:04

gibson wrote:
metis wrote:
arent normal pickles just pickled cucumbers anyway?
Depends on where you are from. My grandma used to pickle a lot of okra so at her house "pass the pickles" might get you a jar of okra.
No Flag Wuangaga
Lancer

15 Oct 2015, 19:15

cramper wrote:Gurka is the swedish word for cucumber. Possible same or similiar in norway im clueless there ')
This. He was told that in the comment section of some of his videos and uses it since now.
Bosnia & Herzegovina medinos
Lancer
ESO: AlexBoye,Daddysmurf

18 Oct 2015, 01:20

lesllamas wrote:Question in the title. Google searches yielded no connection between "Gurkha" and cucumber. A lot of his pronunciations have nagged at me for a while, but I at least understand where he''s coming from ("courairers de bois" lol). But what in the actual fuck does he mean by "cucumbers"?
Because he can...

Forum Info

Return to “Archive”