Is it possible to get people banned for beeing a Nazi?

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
United States of America Metis
Howdah

Post by Metis »

Arkz, we were trying to have a legitimate discussion here. Take your hominems (and yourself, if you can't behave) elsewhere.

Science, by its very definition, is diametrically opposed to faith-based belief. Science demands empirical evidence or deduction based on theories underpinned by the same. There has never been a shred of empirical evidence or an unrefuted logical proof that a deity exists or has ever existed outside of oral tradition or literature. Gods are an idea that early humans came up with to try to explain natural phenomena. With each real advance in knowledge science pushed the god idea farther and farther back until the believers finally had to resort to calling their god "immaterial" and "supernatural," thus removing it from the natural world altogether. One can actually see this happen in the way gods are portrayed in religious writings themselves. The first gods walked, interacted and even cross-bred with humans. The later gods are more metaphysical ideas.

If there were a god then one would think that all cultures would have an innate idea of it. That every culture has its own ideas of gods strongly suggests in itself that none actually exist. This is not saying that there could not be very powerful entities from species that have evolved for billions more years than ours has' however, these would still only be "godlike" in relation to us. Even if an extremely powerful entity was able manipulate things to such an extent that it could set the expansion of an entire universe in motion it wouldn't actually be a god. Were ants to possess individual intelligence, the ant shamans would probably consider the entity that provides countertop sustenance for their tribe and occasionally sends down punishment to evil individuals who wander astray their god. However, I'm not really a god, though I might seem godlike to an ant.
No Flag stevelance
Musketeer

Post by stevelance »

metis wrote:Arkz, we were trying to have a legitimate discussion here. Take your hominems (and yourself, if you can''t behave) elsewhere.

Science, by its very definition, is diametrically opposed to faith-based belief. Science demands empirical evidence or deduction based on theories underpinned by the same. There has never been a shred of empirical evidence or an unrefuted logical proof that a deity exists or has ever existed outside of oral tradition or literature. Gods are an idea that early humans came up with to try to explain natural phenomena. With each real advance in knowledge science pushed the god idea farther and farther back until the believers finally had to resort to calling their god "immaterial" and "supernatural," thus removing it from the natural world altogether. One can actually see this happen in the way gods are portrayed in religious writings themselves. The first gods walked, interacted and even cross-bred with humans. The later gods are more metaphysical ideas.

If there were a god then one would think that all cultures would have an innate idea of it. That every culture has its own ideas of gods strongly suggests in itself that none actually exist. This is not saying that there could not be very powerful entities from species that have evolved for billions more years than ours has' however, these would still only be "godlike" in relation to us. Even if an extremely powerful entity was able manipulate things to such an extent that it could set the expansion of an entire universe in motion it wouldn''t actually be a god. Were ants to possess individual intelligence, the ant shamans would probably consider the entity that provides countertop sustenance for their tribe and occasionally sends down punishment to evil individuals who wander astray their god. However, I''m not really a god, though I might seem godlike to an ant.

Christianity is evidenced based, check out genesis, the first book of the bible. You can see how it all went down there. Simple obvious proof Jesus died for you metis.
Howdah

Post by Metis »

stevelance wrote:
metis wrote:
Christianity is evidenced based, check out genesis, the first book of the bible. You can see how it all went down there. Simple obvious proof Jesus died for you metis.
The Christian Bible is a set of tribal laws mixed with fables and perhaps a smattering, here and there, of poorly-researched history. Its also fraught with contradictions. Read Genesis and in the first few pages you will find that it contains two different and contradictory stories of creation.
No Flag arkz
Musketeer

Post by arkz »

[quote author="@calmyourtits" source="/post/75351/thread" timestamp="1446593027"]Reading the second sentence of your post I'm already face palming. You are a keyboard warrior if I've ever seen one.
[/quote]
Cheap polemics.
I was advocating an opinion, just like one does in a discussion. So doing that in a determined way crosses your arbitrary border between discussing and being e "keyboard warrior"? Lol, never even heard that word, such bs once again.

[quote author="@calmyourtits" source="/post/75351/thread" timestamp="1446593027"]

I'm not talking about any specific religion because my point applies to all of it, or at the very least most of the conventional religions.[/quote]
Best proof how you you are just babbling. Maybe decide for one way? Is it "all" or "most conventional"? And then maybe define what "most conventional" is for you lol. This is so vague and stupid it is not even funny.

[quote timestamp="1446593027" author="@calmyourtits" source="/post/75351/thread"] Deny it all you want, but there is something very unscientific about saying "God did it", no matter the context.[/quote]

1. You first talk about spirituality in that post. So, you don't even need a god for that.

2. Again, that notion of religion, metaphysics etc. is incredibly vulgar. There is a reason why you can actually study theology (and that you can do without being religious at all). Spirituality, religion, metaphysical beliefs - that stuff just is not simple enough to deal with it like you do with all your ignorance, arrogance etc. and just use one sentence "God did it" as a symbol for all of that. Omfg...

3. About science: First of all it depends on what you understand by that. However, I remember in the "Does God exist?"-thread how you were going on about how great you find maths: There is for example literally NO reason against being religious and being a mathematician at the same time. If you dont agree with it you haven't understood the concept of maths.
Now, if we are talking specifically about nature science then I still remain at my position: Your vulgar notion of religion, beliefs etc. is the only problem here. As far as I'm concerned for example the big bang theory isn't really better than assuming that some entity which then could be concenptiualized as a god created the universe.

And besides that: Again, you don't seem to understand. It is called BELIEF for a reason. There is no need at all to play off science and religion agaisnt ech other in general.
(Ofc, for example denying the evolution is something different but that would jsut be a possible symptom of very specific religious beliefs.)

[quote source="/post/75351/thread" author="@calmyourtits" timestamp="1446593027"]
You people have such a retarded, static, arrogant and ignorant attitude towards religion, I honestly find it embarassing. Maybe you should try digging in your own dirt first before babbling bs like that.
Spirituality itself is based on a very different way of thinking than science is, and in some respects these ways of thinking are indeed opposites.[/quote]

No, that statement in general is just false and bs. To make such a statement one would have to be specific about it. Hell, even if you made it clear that you talked about christianity for example: There are a lot of people believing in god, but still acknowleding evolution etc. It is called contemporary interpretation of the bible. Or, now it gets really crazy lol, some people don't even really need the bible to believe in god/be religious. It indeed is a modern phenomenon that many people start discovering their own way of spirituality, believing in something etc. They don't even need institutionalized religion.

[quote timestamp="1446593027" author="@calmyourtits" source="/post/75351/thread"]
You are entitled to your opinion but I'm sure we'd all appreciate it if you found a way to convey it to us without continuously throwing insults at the people you disagree with.[/quote]

1. Says the guy who lets his admin buddies give warnings to others while the very same admin insults users in the same thread with "fucking dumbass" lol. I even specifically adressed you in that matter, you ignored it. (Btw Dolan used the word "dumbass" just before your post too lol. Strange that you only feel the need to adress language when someone opposes your opinion. Or why didn't you adress Dolan, let alone your admin buddy?)

2. If I was religious I'd find all your attitudes very insulting. "Dolan" talks about a hierarchy of "retardation", you say being raised religiously in general is "handicap" and everywhere between the lines one feels the arrogance and contempt towards believing people. So, even though I only used adjectives for your behaviour, no, I don't feel the need to pay attention to possible insults against people who obviously have no problem doing that themselves in a much more profound and therefore worse way.

[quote source="/post/75361/thread" author="@dolan" timestamp="1446594228"][quote author="@arkz" source="/post/75317/thread" timestamp="1446589391"]No, actually people who state bs like that are on top of it, period.[/quote]No, on the contrary!!
That's my argument... (Just like yours)
[/quote]
So why do you act as if I started making claims without arguments?
I just went down to your level. That being said, I still stand by my point.

About the rest of your post: You again mix up specific forms of religions with the general idea of "believing in something", being spiritual etc (no worries, metis super-scientist isn't able to get that difference either). Besides that, how exactly "religion" developed throughout the world and in what social classes it did that in what way: I do not know. You do not know even though you pretend to. Except ofc if you are a thelogist but then there is no need to tell me that (likes metis would do lol, using reversed ad hominem like always) but to give me proof. I mean, this matter is so complex and you just act as if it was simple.
Also, I don't even see how it matters for the discussion wether or not throughout the world the amount of believers went down or not.

[quote author="@metis" source="/post/75382/thread" timestamp="1446595934"]bsazhfddsuhdf, i once met god in rl sdffdsuhdsfuhdfsj so i have proof he does not existuihfuihfdshdsfhb

[/quote]
Metis is just hopeless again haha. Just one thign since you like to ignore it: I did give arguments. My adjectives you are refering to are not ad hominems sinc ethey are not meant as arguments in any way, they are not even presented like that. You on the other hand, already made a post which was a pure ad hominem and are also using reversed ad hominems literally in every post by telling irrelevant stories out of your life. (Which ofc are true cuz u say it lol)
Howdah

Post by Metis »

Once again Arkz, you present no real information but only toss around insults. Remember that there is a difference between a logical argument, in which true premises and valid logic result in a necessarily true conclusion, and "arguing," which is, well, what you are doing. In your entire post of insults I could find only a smattering of truths and they are just tautologies, like "metaphysics is not simple," "one should be specific in one's statements," and "spirituality need not require the idea of a god."

Also, it's a disingenuous to misquote someone and then use that statement as the basis of your argument. Since you seem to know so much about argumentative fallacies, with your repeated cries of "reverse ad hominem," you should know which family of fallacies this falls under.
Netherlands irr3alist
Dragoon
Donator 05

Post by irr3alist »

this relates to banning nazis how?

anyways just wanted to say anyone associating with nazis that hurt my family deserves instaban.

i pest even when a hc city name is '3rd reich' or 'adolf' or something. btw there is a mockumentary on hitler where an actor walks on the street and people come hug him or shake his hand. makes me want to surround myself with as many lefties that i can find.
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

irr3alist wrote:this relates to banning nazis how?

anyways just wanted to say anyone associating with nazis that hurt my family deserves instaban.

i pest even when a hc city name is ''3rd reich'' or ''adolf'' or something. btw there is a mockumentary on hitler where an actor walks on the street and people come hug him or shake his hand. makes me want to surround myself with as many lefties that i can find.

Some say hitler did nothing wrong
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
No Flag arkz
Musketeer

Post by arkz »

[quote source="/post/75744/thread" timestamp="1446666549" author="@metis"]In your entire post of insults I could find only a smattering of truths and they are just tautologies, like "metaphysics is not simple," "one should be specific in one's statements," and "spirituality need not require the idea of a god."
[/quote]

Haha, maybe you should relearn your definition of "tautology". Show that to the kids you allegdly taught. If they were clever and slept through your lessons they might be able to explain that word to you.

Also, those are specific responds to statements made by another person. Now, I am aware that you have intellectual problems with really following a discussion by giving specific arguments (note btw. that funnily enough umeau basically said the same stuff about you as me in the "police brutality"-thread. Why? Cuz it's true and obvious for everyone with a brain), however, that does not mean that others have to lead arguments in the same way.

And besides the fact that you have your intellectual limits without a doubt you constantly only respond in vague ways, quoting very less and only the stuff where your brain accidentally thinks you had a good "argument" against it. This thread is an open book of your mind. Constantly going on about your rl which doesn't matter shit in the discussions, constantly making stupid points, then just ignoring the responds, then instead coming up with new bs responding to very few words indeed. (I don't even know what it all was, but just the whole study thing of u posting bs to back ur bs, then ignoring me pointing out that its bs, the "who to save"-bs of yours, ignoring all the arguments that made you look like a damn fool, the animal thing etc.) And those are just the ones I remember and where you actually answered to something haha. Most of the time you're just babbling without real connection to the actual discussion.

Oh, and my misquote of yours indeed is a very good satire of your so-called arguments since it is the pattern you mostly use.

[quote source="/post/75744/thread" timestamp="1446666549" author="@metis"]
Also, it's a disingenuous to misquote someone and then use that statement as the basis of your argument.
[/quote]

Haha! This is just the last proof anyone could need. My so-called "misquote (btw. you quoted me in this thread by doing something like "fckn....fckn....fckn" - and yeah smart-ass that is a misquote evn though it is correct in the sense of the words used) had NOTHING to do with anything I wrote below. It simply was a satire and I wanted to make clear that I was refering to you. Again: What I wrote under that quote had NOTHING to do with the quote. So hilarious that you actually think and claim I had used that satement as "the basis of (my) argument" hahahah. Oh boy, metis...I feel with you.

edit:

[quote source="/post/75744/thread" timestamp="1446666549" author="@metis"]Once again Arkz, you present no real information but only toss around insults

[/quote]
No need to list it all up, but for example this is more valuable than everything you have posted about religion abd beliefs in this thread and the "does go exist?"-threead:

[quote author="@arkz" timestamp="1446663146" source="/post/75731/thread"]You again mix up specific forms of religions with the general idea of "believing in something"[/quote]

But I know, your brain can'r follow discussions and comprehend arguments, internalize them and react to them lol.

musketjr already told you something similar in doesgodexist-thread:

[quote source="/post/62152/thread" author="@musketjr" timestamp="1443862119"]you might have more luck if you stop conflating god with Christianity [/quote]

What happened? You did not respond and kept going the same way lol. Just like you do here and everywhere else. Same old pattern. Same old bs. You are not smart, you have some minor education and juggle around with that like a clown in the circus.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Arkz is such a clown lol. I'm 90% sure that he's someone else on this forum who made this account just to troll peolle
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

He's definitely not me tbh
No Flag arkz
Musketeer

Post by arkz »

gibson wrote:Arkz is such a clown lol. I''m 90% sure that he''s someone else on this forum who made this account just to troll peolle
I use "clown" in the last sentence of my last post so in yours your genius-brain makes you chose that word automatically? Really? Makes you look quite intelligent indeed. Maybe you get at least some good one-liners first before posting since it seems to be your main type of post?
United States of America jacksonpollock
Dragoon

Post by jacksonpollock »

I, for one, am not a Nazi.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

arkz wrote:
gibson wrote:Arkz is such a clown lol. Im 90% sure that hes someone else on this forum who made this account just to troll peolle
I use "clown" in the last sentence of my last post so in yours your genius-brain makes you chose that word automatically? Really? Makes you look quite intelligent indeed. Maybe you get at least some good one-liners first before posting since it seems to be your main type of post?

lol youre exactly the type of person who would think that because youve apparently used a word in discussion with me my use of that word was copying you. Its comical Tbh.
No Flag arkz
Musketeer

Post by arkz »

gibson wrote:
arkz wrote:I use "clown" in the last sentence of my last post so in yours your genius-brain makes you chose that word automatically? Really? Makes you look quite intelligent indeed. Maybe you get at least some good one-liners first before posting since it seems to be your main type of post?
lol youre exactly the type of person who would think that because youve apparently used a word in discussion with me my use of that word was copying you. Its comical Tbh.
Hmm, ofc. It is not about copying, it is about using the same word, intentions do not matter. Just looks lame. As I said, at least get good one-liners since you arent able anyway to discuss properly.

Youre actually like the stupid bus driver out of It Happened One Night:

Peter:
Listen partner,
you may not like my nose, but I do.
I always wear it out in the open so...
...if anybody wants to
take a sock at it, they can.

Driver: Yeah?

Peter: Now, thats a brilliant answer.
Why didnt I think of it?
Our conversation could have been over
long ago.

Peter: If you keep that up,
we wont get anywhere.

Peter: You got me. Yeah!

Ok, everything is said. You got me gibson. Lol.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

arkz wrote:
gibson wrote: lol youre exactly the type of person who would think that because youve apparently used a word in discussion with me my use of that word was copying you. Its comical Tbh.
Hmm, ofc. It is not about copying, it is about using the same word, intentions do not matter. Just looks lame. As I said, at least get good one-liners since you arent able anyway to discuss properly.

Peter:
Listen partner,
...if anybody wants to

Why didnt I think of it?
long ago.

we wont get anywhere.

I use "copying" in the first sentence of my last post so in yours your genius-brain makes you chose that word automatically? Really? Makes you look quite intelligent indeed. Maybe you get at least some good one-liners first before posting since it seems to be your main type of post?
No Flag arkz
Musketeer

Post by arkz »

gibson wrote:
arkz wrote:Hmm, ofc. It is not about copying, it is about using the same word, intentions do not matter. Just looks lame. As I said, at least get good one-liners since you arent able anyway to discuss properly.

Peter:
Listen partner,
...if anybody wants to

Why didnt I think of it?
long ago.

we wont get anywhere.

I use "copying" in the first sentence of my last post so in yours your genius-brain makes you chose that word automatically? Really? Makes you look quite intelligent indeed. Maybe you get at least some good one-liners first before posting since it seems to be your main type of post?
I was indirectly quoting and refering to what you said and if youre not totally retarded you are aware of that. Pretty desperate. Guess it is decided then.

But, hey, Ill play Peters game, so again: You got me, gibson!
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

arkz wrote:
gibson wrote:I use "copying" in the first sentence of my last post so in yours your genius-brain makes you chose that word automatically? Really? Makes you look quite intelligent indeed. Maybe you get at least some good one-liners first before posting since it seems to be your main type of post?
I was indirectly quoting and refering to what you said and if youre not totally retarded you are aware of that. Pretty desperate. Guess it is decided then.

But, hey, Ill play Peters game, so again: You got me, gibson!

I use "the" in the first sentence of my last post so in yours your genius-brain makes you chose that word automatically? Really? Makes you look quite intelligent indeed. Maybe you get at least some good one-liners first before posting since it seems to be your main type of post?
Howdah

Post by Metis »

gibson wrote:Arkz is such a clown lol. I''m 90% sure that he''s someone else on this forum who made this account just to troll people
Probably, and/or it''s someone who routinely trolls several forums.

I don''t mind someone whose views are contrary to mine' human interaction would be both nonproductive and boring were everyone''s views the same. However, this poster seems contrary to anything that anyone says, which is the classic modus operandi of the Internet troll. I''ve given this nuisance too much benefit of the doubt and will, therefore, ignore its future posts. If we all do the same it will eventually go away.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

metis wrote:
gibson wrote:Arkz is such a clown lol. Im 90% sure that hes someone else on this forum who made this account just to troll people
Probably, and/or its someone who routinely trolls several forums.

I dont mind someone whose views are contrary to mine' human interaction would be both nonproductive and boring were everyones views the same. However, this poster seems contrary to anything that anyone says, which is the classic modus operandi of the Internet troll. Ive given this nuisance too much benefit of the doubt and will, therefore, ignore its future posts. If we all do the same it will eventually go away.
Thats the one nice thing about an internet forum vs real life. You can just ignore someone and theyll eventually go away, unlike in real life where ignoring someone does not make them go away.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Post by _venox_ »

I like how you, Metis us "it" to refer to arkz being a troll.

Oh, dear Lord and Saviour! If we didn't have arkz in this discussion we would all be fully retarded, unenlightened halfwits, but now we at least got him.
Let us all learn from you how to use our keyboards!
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

metis wrote:
gibson wrote:Arkz is such a clown lol. Im 90% sure that hes someone else on this forum who made this account just to troll people

I dont mind someone whose views?are contrary to mine'?human interaction would be both nonproductive and boring were everyones views the same. However, this poster seems contrary to anything that anyone says, which is the classic modus operandi of the Internet?troll. Ive given this nuisance too much benefit of the doubt?and will, therefore,?ignore?its future posts. If we all?do the same?it will eventually go away.

seems fititng with my goal of wiping out all trolls on these forums. .
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

metis wrote:

I dont mind someone whose views are contrary to mine' human interaction would be both nonproductive and boring were everyones views the same. However, this poster seems contrary to anything that anyone says, which is the classic modus operandi of the Internet troll. Ive given this nuisance too much benefit of the doubt and will, therefore, ignore its future posts. If we all do the same it will eventually go away.
We would be hyper productive if everyones views were the same.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
No Flag arkz
Musketeer

Post by arkz »

venox wrote:I like how you, Metis us "it" to refer to arkz being a troll.

Oh, dear Lord and Saviour! If we didnt have arkz in this discussion we would all be fully retarded, unenlightened halfwits, but now we at least got him.
Let us all learn from you how to use our keyboards!

No problem, kid.

venox wrote:Sorry, jokes aside, the ignorance and the amount of poor arguments except arkzs is too damn high.

gibson wrote:
metis wrote:Probably, and/or its someone who routinely trolls several forums.

Thats the one nice thing about an internet forum vs real life. You can just ignore someone and theyll eventually go away, unlike in real life where ignoring someone does not make them go away.

Im done with this bs. The grouped stupidity of metis and gibson is too much.
Hilarious how you mental paraplegics teamed up like a pair of apes. Lol, metis should know.

What a bunch of self-deceiving losers.

Two nuts coming together does not result in a pair of balls for either of you,
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

@@metis It appears that if

I'm done with this BS
means what it thinks I mean, we will hopefully not see to much more of arkz, which I can't say I'll miss.
Howdah

Post by Metis »

arkz wrote:The grouped stupidity of metis and gibson is too much.
Hilarious how you mental paraplegics teamed up like a pair of apes. Lol, metis should know.

What a bunch of self-deceiving losers.

Two nuts coming together does not result in a pair of balls for either of you,
Once again, no substance whatsoever, only insults.