Curse words on ESOC

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
United States of America Metis
Howdah

Curse words on ESOC

Post by Metis »

evilcheadar wrote:Well m?tis you have to concede that your posts do come off as know it all and even condescending. So it leads to one to question why you must constantly post in informative prose.
Probably a side effect of being a teacher for so long.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Curse words on ESOC

Post by Hazza54321 »

gibson wrote:
subzero wrote:Atleast he made a good topic.

If we censor curse words, esoc will have a reason to ban you :)

Now thinking seriously, curse words should be banned.

PS: I actually think thebritishs browser have censored those words, not ESOC.
you cant be serouis.... Are you 5? Do curse words hurt your soul?

yeah, 5 inches deep in your MUM!
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Curse words on ESOC

Post by momuuu »

To be honest metis, youve barely been posting longer than I have been, and I consider myself a kid. An adult kid bit a kid nonetheless.
Howdah

Curse words on ESOC

Post by Metis »

jerom wrote:To be honest metis, youve barely been posting longer than I have been, and I consider myself a kid. An adult kid bit a kid nonetheless.
The difference is that this was the first computer I worked with:

[img]http://www.ed-thelen.org/comp-hist/BRL61-0254.jpg[/img]
United States of America gustavusadolphus
Lancer

Curse words on ESOC

Post by gustavusadolphus »

metis wrote:
evilcheadar wrote:look at you in your parents basement attempting to deflect vicious verbal assault!
Even if you dont believe what Ive been posting in the forums for the past ten years, just the fact that I have been posting for this long should indicate to you that Im not exactly a kid, unless your average twelve-year-old poster writes in complete sentences using proper grammar.

I can assure you that Im not a kid. I didnt start posting until I retired from teaching. I suppose that I could have made up everything that Ive said about my education and experience but if I did then its one whale of a story and one that I must have written out a priori ten years ago because my posts have been consistent and are available for perusal on the old Agecomm forums.

This is me, twenty years before most of you were born.

[img style="max-width:100%'" src="http://i.imgur.com/KnV5B9A.jpg"]
Metis what was your job in the military and which branch did you serve?
10000 gallon fiberglass, FNS plus DE filter 48 square foot, ray pack Mini Max 512 BTU gas heater, one Sip n Oodle, NO ZEOSAND
Howdah

Curse words on ESOC

Post by Metis »

gustavusadolphus wrote:
metis wrote:[img]http://i.imgur.com/KnV5B9A.jpg[/img]
Metis what was your job in the military and which branch did you serve?
You can deduce the information from that picture. The uniform is an OG 107, type III. The diamond patch is that of the US 5th Infantry Division. Im carrying a M1911A1 but am not an officer and have no "MP" brassard. I was issued another type of brassard but as my MOS was specifically targeted we no longer wore them. The bag slung next to the .45 is a M3 field medical kit.
United States of America gustavusadolphus
Lancer

Curse words on ESOC

Post by gustavusadolphus »

metis wrote:
gustavusadolphus wrote:Metis what was your job in the military and which branch did you serve?
You deduce the information from that picture. The uniform is an OG 107, type III. The diamond patch is that of the US 5th Infantry Division. Im carrying a M1911A1 but am not an officer and have no "MP" brassard. I was issued another type of brassard but as my MOS was specifically targeted we no longer wore them. The bag slung next to the .45 is a M3 field medical kit.

so are you saying you were a medic and were targeted?
10000 gallon fiberglass, FNS plus DE filter 48 square foot, ray pack Mini Max 512 BTU gas heater, one Sip n Oodle, NO ZEOSAND
No Flag adnewswanger
Crossbow

Curse words on ESOC

Post by adnewswanger »

metis wrote:
evilcheadar wrote:look at you in your parents basement attempting to deflect vicious verbal assault!
Even if you dont believe what Ive been posting in the forums for the past ten years, just the fact that I have been posting for this long should indicate to you that Im not exactly a kid, unless your average twelve-year-old poster writes in complete sentences using proper grammar.

I can assure you that Im not a kid. I didnt start posting until I retired from teaching. I suppose that I could have made up everything that Ive said about my education and experience but if I did then its one whale of a story and one that I must have written out a priori ten years ago because my posts have been consistent and are available for perusal on the old Agecomm forums.

This is me, twenty years before most of you were born.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/KnV5B9A.jpg[/img]
thank you for your service.
Howdah

Curse words on ESOC

Post by Metis »

Although the Geneva Conventions forbid specifically targeting medical personnel, nobody the US has fought has ever paid much heed to such niceties. Those big red crosses that the medics of WWII and Korea wore were oftentimes just big red targets. In the Vietnam War, where the Viet Cong didn't even bother with the pretense of following any rules of war, the red cross brassard was abandoned. However, a discerning sniper could still distinguish a medic or officer by the weapons and equipment they carried. This is why in today's Army everyone is pretty much armed and equipped to look the same.

Can you tell who the medic is here?

[img alt=" " src="https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e0/U.S._army_medic_Afganistan.jpg[/img]
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Curse words on ESOC

Post by evilcheadar »

metis wrote:Although the Geneva Conventions forbid specifically targeting medical personnel, nobody the US has fought has ever paid much heed to such niceties. Those big red crosses that the medics of WWII and Korea wore were oftentimes just big red targets. In the Vietnam War, where the Viet Cong didn''t even bother with the pretense of following any rules of war, the red cross brassard was abandoned. However, a discerning sniper could still distinguish a medic or officer by the weapons and equipment they carried. This is why in today''s Army everyone is pretty much armed and equipped to look the same.

[img alt=" " src="https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e0/U.S._army_medic_Afganistan.jpg[/img]
On the far right.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Canada DivineFire
Lancer

Curse words on ESOC

Post by DivineFire »

metis wrote:Although the Geneva Conventions forbid specifically targeting medical personnel, nobody the US has fought has ever paid much heed to such niceties. Those big red crosses that the medics of WWII and Korea wore were oftentimes just big red targets. In the Vietnam War, where the Viet Cong didn''t even bother with the pretense of following any rules of war, the red cross brassard was abandoned. However, a discerning sniper could still distinguish a medic or officer by the weapons and equipment they carried. This is why in today''s Army everyone is pretty much armed and equipped to look the same.

No, but that''s a nice pile of sticks you got there.
Taunt 3
Howdah

Curse words on ESOC

Post by Metis »

The medic is the black guy in the center. I have nothing to do with that picture, it's far beyond my time.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Curse words on ESOC

Post by momuuu »

Is it because he is wearing a bagpack?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Curse words on ESOC

Post by gibson »

I would guess it has something to do with the patch he's wearing on his arm
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Curse words on ESOC

Post by momuuu »

He also isn't wearing gloves.
Howdah

Curse words on ESOC

Post by Metis »

jerom wrote:Is it because he is wearing a bagpack?
Yes, a medical backpack.

The Army has advanced somewhat in the aid kits it issues to soldiers. In my day, soldiers just carried a pressure dressing and received only rudimentary first aid training and a CPR class. Now the individual first aid kits contain several items and each soldier gets more advanced medical training. The medics'' kits vary too. I carried a medium-sized one all the time but also had a larger kit and an even larger waterproof storage container full of medical supplies with my gear. Since I didn''t have a M-16 and .45 magazines didn''t take up much space, my ammo pouches were filled with medical gear too.

While medics proper all receive the same basic training, they can diverge quite a bit after this depending on their experience and how much additional training they are willing to take or their officers are willing to give. For instance, my warrant officer was an ex special forces medic and trained us in more procedures than some other medics. Also, I worked in a troop medical clinic, which gave me daily hands-on medical experience whereas some other medics only did simulation training until they were needed. Not only this but the Army has free courses you can take if you want to. I took two medical courses in addition to my AIT training, one of them a special forces medical course (not the complete SF medical course, mind you -- I would have liked to have gone this route but you can''t join the SF if you wear glasses).

A lot of people have asked me how an Army medic compares to a civilian paramedic. The trauma training is similar' however, the paramedic has more training in cardiology, whereas the Army medic may get more training in environmental medicine. Special forces medics receive considerable additional training to that of the standard combat medic because part of their job is to train foreign soldiers and they also might be stationed for months in areas where they are essentially acting as the local doctor. There are other medical specialties in the Army too' in fact, there are just as many medical specialties in the Army as you will find in any civilian hospital.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Curse words on ESOC

Post by rsy »

So metis the wise is also Metis the medic soldier. Respect to u sir!
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah
ESO: ivanelterrible

Curse words on ESOC

Post by Good ol Ivan »

metis wrote:In the Vietnam War, where the Viet Cong didn''t even bother with the pretense of following any rules of war, the red cross brassard was abandoned.
Woah, those are some pretty strong words coming from the guys who systematically used napalm' and would torture, rape, and kill civilians who would later become statistically part of the Viet Cong.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Curse words on ESOC

Post by zoom »

Please implement Age-Sanctuary word filters!
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Curse words on ESOC

Post by momuuu »

ivan wrote:
metis wrote:In the Vietnam War, where the Viet Cong didnt even bother with the pretense of following any rules of war, the red cross brassard was abandoned.
Woah, those are some pretty strong words coming from the guys who systematically used napalm' and would torture, rape, and kill civilians who would later become statistically part of the Viet Cong.
lol, that burn.

pun intended.
No Flag hitlerdidnothinwrong
Crossbow

Curse words on ESOC

Post by hitlerdidnothinwrong »

ivan wrote:
metis wrote:In the Vietnam War, where the Viet Cong didnt even bother with the pretense of following any rules of war, the red cross brassard was abandoned.
People who got killed would never become part of the Viet Cong.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Curse words on ESOC

Post by zoom »

The midget in brown robes on the left?
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Curse words on ESOC

Post by zoom »

metis wrote:The medic is the black guy in the center. I have nothing to do with that picture, it''s far beyond my time.
Is it because he''s black??
Howdah

Curse words on ESOC

Post by Metis »

zoom wrote:
metis wrote:The medic is the black guy in the center. I have nothing to do with that picture, its far beyond my time.
Is it because hes black??
Of course not, dont be an ass. As I said, he is wearing a field medical pack, whereas the other two have combat packs that contain more ammo. Medics mainly use their weapons in personal defense or the defense of their patients rather than in direct assault, unless they are part of a special operations team where everyone is cross-trained. You dont want your medic out in front firing at the enemy where he is likely to be the first one hit, he will be out there soon enough anyway when you are hit, dragging you back to safety under fire and then treating your wounds and calling in a medevac.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Curse words on ESOC

Post by momuuu »

metis wrote:
zoom wrote:Is it because hes black??
Of course not, dont be an ass. As I said, he is wearing a field medical pack, whereas the other two have combat packs that contain more ammo. Medics mainly use their weapons in personal defense or the defense of their patients rather than in direct assault, unless they are part of a special operations team where everyone is cross-trained.

your sarcasm detectors seem a little off metis ')