Police brutality or dumbass student

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag acergame09
Skirmisher

Post by acergame09 »

Dumbass Student
[span]
I live in America' and sadly, this kind of behavior happens quite often, now a days. Even worse, this is slowly becoming acceptable. Clearly shown, the girl not only resists arrest but she punches the officer. Note that assaulting an officer is a major crime. Yet despite the girl not having any injuries or showing any signs of being compliant, the black students are shown demonizing the cop along with the liberal mainstream media.

Questions raised would be what else the cop could of done? Gently grab her arm as she punches him in the head and squirms away? I highly doubt how he treated her has anything to do with race.
[/span]
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

It's articles like these that make me feel grateful for not being an American.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag sebbe
Musketeer

Post by sebbe »

What the fuck! Yes the girl may be stupid but how old is she?
And arent you allowed to be a little stupid sometimes without getting almost killed ... fucking americans and their stupid logic. If your kid is violent, then beat him up. If you get shot at in school, then get a gun. Wtf
No Flag sebbe
Musketeer

Post by sebbe »

And incog america does have a huge problem with people being racist
United States of America Metis
Howdah

Post by Metis »

I've worked with law enforcement for a couple of decades and can tell you that when they are good that they are a real joy to have at an emergency scene. A state trooper probably once saved me a great deal of injury, if not my life, when his quick thinking with a fire extinguisher put out the fire that had erupted in an overturned car that I was deep inside extricating patients.

However, not all cops are good. Local cops, especially, can be a hit or miss proposition and a very few are no better than the thugs they arrest. I've been in several situations where local cops made matters much worse. Paramedics are trained in emergency psychological procedures and I personally have spent hours talking down armed and suicidal patients. Cops should be equally trained but many get an attitude and can't be bothered "wasting their time" on such nicieties so just use brute force to "rectify the situation." The main problem is in screening. Far too many local jurisdictions fail to look into a cop's background. Especially those of "hero" cops that may have won an award for "bravery" that was actually little more than rash foolhardiness and sheer luck. Too many cops have psychological issues and immediately go into a rage when they feel that someone is disrespecting their authority. Cops will even sometimes assault and arrest other emergency personnel for "contempt of cop."

I've trained with and trained police and can tell you that this deputy's actions were unwarranted. The only time something like that could be warranted is when dealing with a convicted felon who has refused a lawful order in a penitentiary. Even if the girl had been arrested and was a was a prisoner at a local jail picking her up while sitting at a desk and slamming her to the ground would have been a violation of the law. Not only this but the cop in question seemed to have a tendency toward brutality as the kid's called him "officer slam." His boss did the right thing, immediate dismissal. It's fortunate that this didn't happen in New York where the police union oftentimes prevents dismissal of corrupt cops. The cop also may be brought up on charges of assault too. Of course, he will plead that he "feared for his life" because a girl a quarter his size "assaulted" him. Unfortunately he may get off because, in the US, a cop can punch your lights out and call it a warranted procedure while if you tug on his sleeve to get his attention that's "felony assault on a police officer."
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

Being black and not following orders of the police is almost always stupid. There's still racism and if you are black you should think twice if you break the law or not. This doesn't mean I'm defending the police officer.
Canada DivineFire
Lancer

Post by DivineFire »

bobabu wrote:Being black and not following orders of the police is almost always stupid.... if you are black you should think twice if you break the law or not.
Eeeesh, I know you''re not trying to come off as a crazy racist but you just went right off the deep end bro.
Taunt 3
Canada DivineFire
Lancer

Post by DivineFire »

Like asking a grandma about black people or gay marriage level.
Taunt 3
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

divinefire wrote:
bobabu wrote:Being black and not following orders of the police is almost always stupid.... if you are black you should think twice if you break the law or not.
Eeeesh, I know youre not trying to come off as a crazy racist but you just went right off the deep end bro.
I dont know what you think is racist in my post. I was just trying to say that there are still a lot of racists in the poilce so you have to be careful if you are black. We know that they tend to overreact. Criminality has nothing to do with the color of your skin but it has something to do with poverty. We often see those conflicts in very poor towns of america ,where the majority is black. So the police there will be much more likely confronted with black criminals. The problems are poverty and that the majority is black so the police starts to think only black people are criminals. According to this assumption they will react differently. This assumption is wrong ofc.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

For racism there has to be unfair discrimination based on race first I think. If you read the story without the context that the person is black, it is about as sensical as when you read it without that context, which means it's not racism.
Howdah

Post by Metis »

In many areas, where the majority of crimes are perpetuated by members of a certain race and gender, it's simply good sense to "profile" a bit. For instance, I once got lost and entered a bad neighborhood of a large Eastern city in the middle of the night. At each stoplight, several black males would start to sidle up to my truck. Now, they all may have been fine, upstanding citizens who were only trying to help a lost motorist get back to the highway, but I sincerely doubt it. I ran more than a couple of red lights that night getting out of those projects.

Of course, this doesn't mean that all blacks are criminals. I've worked and served with many upstanding blacks. My division surgeon in the Army was black as were half of my fellow medics, most were upstanding and honorable. However, this wasn't true for all the blacks on post. I once got jumped by two black soldiers who thought they would "beat some sense into a white boy" who had "dissed" them by opening a window on a bus to let out some cigarette smoke. What they didn't realize was that I'd just come back from taekwondo practice, which I'd been doing for a couple of years. After I'd (mildly) put one on the ground the other didn't want to have anything more to do with me. Of course, whites too can be criminals. I and another white soldier once had to back off a bunch of southern rednecks because they wanted to beat up our fellow black soldier.

The overall violent crime rate in Richland County, South Carolina is 99.4/10,000 residents, far above the US national average of 37/10,000 residents. 27% of the population of South Carolina is black but blacks are responsible for 52% of the murders in the state (see links below for data sources). Columbia proper has a crime index of 2 (safer than 2% of the cities in the US), which means it's about as bad as it can get. One could why some cops might be wary there. However, this still doesn't condone the cop's actions against an unarmed juvenile student who was just being obstinate and not threatening anyone.

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/45000.html
http://www.criminalwatch.com/stats/sc.asp
http://www.sled.sc.gov/SCCrimeBooks.asp ... eReporting
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

Turns out m?tis is racist as well
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

divinefire wrote:
Eeeesh, I know youre not trying to come off as a crazy racist but you just went right off the deep end bro.

hes actually right. You ask any normal black person in the United states and they will tell you exactly the same thing, if youre black, you should cooperate and do exactly what the cops say.
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah
ESO: ivanelterrible

Post by Good ol Ivan »

My first impression is that both are to blame in this situation really.
No, whatever the girl did doesn't seem to justify how the cop proceeded.
I don't really have time to read the article, can someone tl'dr me on why did the girl do this in the first place?
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Howdah

Post by Metis »

iNcog, I don't think that it's so much the injuries that she sustained as it is those that she could have sustained by being slammed headfirst into the floor while still seated at a school desk. The cop is very lucky that he didn't break her neck or he would be facing 25 to life instead of just being fired.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Its both really. Nothing a 16 year old female sitting in a desk can do should have elicited that response. That being said, she's a dumbass.
United States of America jacksonpollock
Dragoon

Post by jacksonpollock »

I'd love to get in on the ground floor of this thread. I expect only civil discussion to follow.
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah
ESO: ivanelterrible

Post by Good ol Ivan »

A cop gets inside the class because a student refuses to leave?
America you scary.

While the girl did act like a spoiled brat, she is still a teenager after all...
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --