Police brutality or dumbass student

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
United States of America Metis
Howdah

Post by Metis »

frycookofdoom wrote:Turns out m?tis is racist as well
How can my presenting verifiable fact, of which I linked the sources to, be construed as racism? It would be stupid in Australia, where most of the snakes are poisonous, to pick up a snake at random and play with it. Why then is it "racist" to be wary of a black males in an area where most of the violent crime is perpetuated by black males, especially if said black males are approaching you in a threatening manner?
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah
ESO: ivanelterrible

Post by Good ol Ivan »

incog wrote:
ivan wrote:A cop gets inside the class because a student refuses to leave?
America you scary.

The girl did act like a spoiled brat, yes. But, then again, she is that: a girl.
Youre going to trigger people you misogynist
Silly, I didnt imply she is a spoiled brat because of her sex, but because of her age.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Dat bitch got REKT. Also, this:
First the medic is the black guy. Now the student is the black guy.

Where will it end??
Mexico fitosone
Crossbow

Post by fitosone »

Lol am i the only one thinking, why the hell is there a police doing the job of a teacher, like seriously she was just asked to stop texting in my country if you do the same the girl did you just get a bad grade and thats it or expelled for misbehaivor why the hell does a cop has to go into that matter WTF is wrong with murica.
Howdah

Post by Metis »

zoom wrote:the medic is the black guy. .
Where will it end??

When you have a group of soldiers all wearing the same uniform from the same branch of service, carrying the same weapons and sporting gear that, to a civilian, all looks the same, and only one is black, then it''s just easiest to say that the medic is the black guy.
Howdah

Post by Metis »

fitosone wrote:Lol am i the only one thinking, why the hell is there a police doing the job of a teacher, like seriously she was just asked to stop texting in my country if you do the same the girl did you just get a bad grade and thats it or expelled for misbehaivor why the hell does a cop has to go into that matter WTF is wrong with murica.
This is indeed a problem in America where our government tends to make a law concerning every little thing instead of just letting people use their own judgment. Back when I was in high school the teacher would have just had a couple of boys scoot the girl''s desk out into the hall where she could have pouted to her heart''s content until her parents came to take her home. Now they immediately call the police, who charge her with the crime of "Interference with or disruption of an educational institution," which is a class 1 misdemeanor in the same category as assault and punishable by up to a year in jail.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

I''m not well versed in the topic if this thead. But i very much enjoy your avatar
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

fightinfrenchman wrote:

Im not well versed in the topic if this thead. But i very much enjoy your avatar

Ye the virus is spreading fast
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

bobabu wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:Im not well versed in the topic if this thead. But i very much enjoy your avatar
Ye the virus is spreading fast

not a virus, a social movement
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

an Idiot girl who should be taught how to behave
an Idiot officer who shouldn't be a police
=conflict between 2 morons

why they even tell about this in news?
/thread
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

somppukunkku wrote:an Idiot girl who should be taught how to behave
an Idiot officer who shouldn''t be a police
=conflict between 2 morons

why they even tell about this in news?
/thread

I''m not sure if it''s like this in other places, but american news is all about sensationalism. What are people gonna click on? So shit like this makes the front page. When Kim Kardashians titties look a little to big it makes from page. When real news happens you have to dig deep to find it.
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

fightinfrenchman wrote:

Im not well versed in the topic if this thead. But i very much enjoy your avatar

thanks mr ear

may good hearing come to you
Howdah

Post by Metis »

gibson wrote:american news is all about sensationalism.

This is so true and it really warps some people''s understanding of reality. For instance, my elderly mother has decided that all guns are evil because she watches nightly shootings on the news. This despite every male relative that she has had from her great grandfather to her great nephew hunting and providing fare for the table with guns and never shooting or killing anyone outside of war or law enforcement service. If you see it on TV it''s got to be more important than your personal experience, right?
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

metis wrote:
gibson wrote:american news is all about sensationalism.
This is so true and it really warps some peoples understanding of reality. For instance, my elderly mother has decided that all guns are evil because she watches nightly shootings on the news. This despite every male relative that she has had from her great grandfather to her great nephew hunting and providing fare for the table with guns and never shooting or killing anyone outside of war or law enforcement service. If you see it on TV its got to be more important than your personal experience, right?

some people get so worked up bout guns... I dont see why. I often use them (pellet guns) to discourage ducks from swimmig in my pool. Yet people call me cruel
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

incog wrote:I heard that the officer was fired.

Sad that you get fired when you''re literally just doing your job. Well, life sucks in the USA.

how is he doing his job well? a police officer has nothing to do on a school, while being obnoxious is definitely disrubtive for a class and a teacher trying to learn/teach, but its not a crime. you should also realise you are dealing with teenagers, so a different approach is neccesary. he was simply not doing his job well if he needed to resort to violence in order to "subdue" a teenage girl that was not doing anything dangerous.

edit: after watching the vid, and reading your reply, i think i will go back to calling you fascincog again... there is literally nothing you said that the girl did that even comes close to "the little shit had THAT coming". Not even her parents wouldve had the right to do something like that for just being "defiant".

some people really have a fucked up mentality when it comes to blindly doing what authority says... it seems they forgot the early 20th century already =_= and he apperantly wasnt even really an authority, because otherwise he would never had needed to resort to such violence, to any violence at all actually. "Where power is absolute, violence is absent, and vice versa."
No Flag arriah
Dragoon

Post by arriah »

incog wrote:I heard that the officer was fired.

Sad that you get fired when you''re literally just doing your job. Well, life sucks in the USA.

I read she was chewing gum and wouldn''t leave class for that but was sitting there quietly. then the officer walked up to her and she didnt acknowledge him so he flipped her desk. I only read someone''s transcript of the video because I couldn''t watch it.

Either way, whichever is true, there is absolutely NO reason to harm a child who was not dangerous, and even if she had been his reaction would have been way over the top. Do I think it''s racism? Probably it is, I''m not ignorant enough not to see the connection. Could it just have been an asshole? Possibly, but I''m tired of young black people being hurt or killed for no damn reason.

I can''t believe some of you trying to justify harming a CHILD for NO REASON
Howdah

Post by Metis »

umeu wrote:while being obnoxious is definitely disrubtive for a class and a teacher trying to learn/teach, but its not a crime.
Unfortunately, Umeu, in the US disrupting class has now, through asinine legislation, become an actual crime and not a petty crime either, it is classed in the same category as assault.

Carolina law:

? 14-288.4. Disorderly conduct. Disorderly conduct is a public disturbance intentionally caused by any person who does any of the following: Disrupts, disturbs or interferes with the teaching of students at any public or private educational institution or engages in conduct which disturbs the peace, order or discipline at any public or private educational institution or on the grounds adjacent thereto. Any person who willfully engages in disorderly conduct is guilty of a Class 2 misdemeanor.

Class 2 misdemeanors include simple assault, disorderly conduct, resisting a police officer, and carrying a concealed weapon.

In some states this is a Class 1 misdemeanor in the same category as assault and battery.

By merely "ignoring" the police officer the girl committed a second misdemeanor or even two ("resisting arrest" and "failure to obey a lawful order") and if she touched the police officer even very slightly by accident as he was slamming her head into the floor she committed a felony. This is how stupid many of the laws in the US are.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

maybe this is lost in translation, but afaik a misdemeanor is still not a crime (or i guess you would call both a crime, but the worse one is a felony?), the latter will give you a criminal record, the former will not right? but ye, thats still pretty fucked up.
No Flag anonymousv2
Musketeer

Post by anonymousv2 »

Dumbass student. No question. Why was she on her phone? Get a life.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

k good that you toned it down, but anyway, you are acting like its fully grown and experienced adults you are dealing with. you are dealing with children, who will put their foot down sometimes if they dont get what they want, or if people rub their feathers wrong, or maybe just because thats how they woke up and dont know how to flip the switch.

its obvious the girl was asking for trouble, its also obvious that in that age this is what most teens do, they rebel against authority, often for no particular reason, and also no matter what that authority is. That doesnt mean she shouldnt be reprimanded, she should be shown the way that she is expected to behave as not to hurt other people's interests, and she should be shown this the way civilised people do this, since thats what it is all about. When you go literally APESHIT crazy, that is counteracting what needs to be done. I guess you see that too. The reason why it is a courtesy to do as the teacher asks is because the teacher has authority over you, and with reason, the teacher is responsible, both legally to an extent and bound by his or her professional honor to try to educate as best as possible. However, you cannot force this reason to be seen by someone else, and any teacher will understand this. If the talking to does not work, then she will be expelled or some other lawful approach will be taken. If the girl can't be spoken with, then the parents or legal guardians must be adressed. Its as simple as that.

It's really easy to just say she is stupid and ignorant and poorly raised, without ever asking what her reasons are for behaving as she does. Because no matter what people do, 99% of the time they will have a reason for it. And that reasoning may be flawed and shaky on all sides, but then its up to the teacher to point that out, and come up with an alternative. Or perhaps, he might see that the reason makes sense to some extent, and be lenient, that although her reasons are valid, her actions are the wrong one to take. Thats how she will learn to become a person that will respect others, not just by throwing around detention or desks as if it's fucking dodgeball.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Howdah

Post by Metis »

umeu wrote:maybe this is lost in translation, but afaik a misdemeanor is still not a crime (or i guess you would call both a crime, but the worse one is a felony?), the latter will give you a criminal record, the former will not right? but ye, thats still pretty fucked up.
In the US a misdemeanor is a type of crime punishable by up to a year in jail. A felony usually lands one in a penitentiary for a longer period of time. Both will give you a criminal record.

The US has more people incarcerated per capita than any other country in the world. Much of this is due to the fact that we have so many obscure, illogical and oftentimes conflicting laws that each and every American is probably violating one at any given moment.

Don''t water your lawn enough, go to jail.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/humaninter ... ime/847365

Don''t mow your lawn, go to jail.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas ... 181645.php

Grow a nice, neat vegetable garden, go to jail.

http://www.treehugger.com/green-food/mi ... arden.html

Don''t wash off your dirty spoon, go to jail.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/3 ... 09616.html

Make your own soap, go to jail.

https://www.rt.com/usa/couple-month-jai ... caine-345/

Eat candy, go to jail.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/2 ... 36227.html

Let your kid play in the yard, go to jail.

https://reason.com/blog/2015/06/11/11-y ... yard-cps-t
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

I watched the 2 videoclips - and what really sends chills down my back is that a lot of the coments was supporting the officer. Im stunned. How can americans think that the girls behaviour could justify this kind of violence toward her?? What kind of sick mentality rules USA? No wonder you have all that violance if this is how you adress the citizens. (facepalm)
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
No Flag mongobillione
Dragoon
Donator 02

Post by mongobillione »

you shouldnt click on the picture if u cant handle some black humor :)

[img][/img][attachment id="2184" thumbnail="1"]
Attachments
im-not-a-racist_o_904987.jpg