the last kingdom

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

the last kingdom

Post by deleted_user0 »

for those who like the series Vikings: perhaps you would like this one too, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4179452/

basically it's set in the time right after Vikings and depicts what i think is the Great Heathen army (the sons of ragnar lothbrok who invade england after ragnar was killed by an aglo-saxon king, though in this series they are not actually portrayed as ragnars sons), which perhaps will be covered in that series as well, although they are from different makers, and i think vikings has slightly superior quality. But its still quite good.
No Flag Hagi
Dragoon

the last kingdom

Post by Hagi »

Yes, it's a nice tv series for the moment
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

the last kingdom

Post by Mimsy for President »

Noice.
France iNcog
Ninja

the last kingdom

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag sunimirio
Musketeer

the last kingdom

Post by sunimirio »

I watched Narcos and it was very good i recommend you Mr.Robot too! :D
Jaeger

the last kingdom

sunimirio wrote:I watched Narcos and it was very good i recommend you Mr.Robot too! :D
Aww Mr.Robot is so overrated (puke) As crap as Flash and Arrow.
No Flag sunimirio
Musketeer

the last kingdom

Post by sunimirio »

Well it is not as good as Narcos but it is still interesting, especially part with wikipedia! :D
Brazil igorix
Crossbow

the last kingdom

Post by igorix »

This is based in a book series by Bernard Cornwell, who wrote plenty of stories on Aoe3 timespam. I remember i was hooked on Sharpe Stories (Sean bean plays it and doesn't dies the first book)
United States of America Metis
Howdah

the last kingdom

Post by Metis »

igorix wrote:This is based in a book series by Bernard Cornwell, who wrote plenty of stories on Aoe3 timespam. I remember i was hooked on Sharpe Stories (Sean bean plays it and doesn''t dies the first book)
I have a bit of a dumpster diving habit. I once found the entire Sharpe series that someone had thrown away. I read the series twice then donated the books to the local library.
No Flag sunimirio
Musketeer

the last kingdom

Post by sunimirio »

Someone read maybe Sven Hassel's books? :D
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

the last kingdom

Post by deleted_user0 »

shaolinstar wrote:
sunimirio wrote:I watched Narcos and it was very good i recommend you Mr.Robot too! :D
Aww Mr.Robot is so overrated (puke) As crap as Flash and Arrow.

i loved the pilot and the first 2-3 episodes after. but then it just went down the gutter so fast... it completely lost me at the end :/ really really sad. cuz it had such promise. the pilot was one of the best ive seen in a while
Jaeger

I'm watching The Last Kingdom and I somewhat enjoy it. However there is 1 reproach : I have no sense of time when I watch it. 9 months seem like 2 days. Everything goes super fast. Did you feel that too umeu ?
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Re: the last kingdom

Post by fightinfrenchman »

iNcog wrote:need to watch that, and narcos

Narcos was great, I would highly recommend it
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Re:

Post by deleted_user0 »

Mimsy for President wrote:I'm watching The Last Kingdom and I somewhat enjoy it. However there is 1 reproach : I have no sense of time when I watch it. 9 months seem like 2 days. Everything goes super fast. Did you feel that too umeu ?

yea i know what you mean, there are many things a bit awkward about it, and its kinda too bad that its a lower tier production in terms of finance, but goddamn its so good in many other ways, for people who like history at least.

i just watched the finale (i guess it was that) and its so nice to see what a real battle couldve looked like, instead of men dancing around in costumes (there was a bit of that too, but that was not really the battle, more the slaughter, so it can be forgiven :P) and the show is really brutal without seeming like its trying just to shock.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

fightinfrenchman wrote:

I wanna watch Narcos aswell. Appearantly I look like Pablo Escobar, both the real one and the actor (tho I think more like the real one).
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

thats a good reason to watch a show.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Jerom wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:

I wanna watch Narcos aswell. Appearantly I look like Pablo Escobar, both the real one and the actor (tho I think more like the real one).

Pic for proof?
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Jaeger

Re: Re:

umeu wrote:
Mimsy for President wrote:I'm watching The Last Kingdom and I somewhat enjoy it. However there is 1 reproach : I have no sense of time when I watch it. 9 months seem like 2 days. Everything goes super fast. Did you feel that too umeu ?

yea i know what you mean, there are many things a bit awkward about it, and its kinda too bad that its a lower tier production in terms of finance, but goddamn its so good in many other ways, for people who like history at least.

i just watched the finale (i guess it was that) and its so nice to see what a real battle couldve looked like, instead of men dancing around in costumes (there was a bit of that too, but that was not really the battle, more the slaughter, so it can be forgiven :P) and the show is really brutal without seeming like its trying just to shock.

Yeah it was the finale, I liked it. I think the next seasons will get better, I wasn't dazzled by the first season of Vikings either.