My "rights" are more important than yours.

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

That was sir chasm, to the previous guy.
Error 404: Signature not found
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

zkra wrote:
metis wrote:If?nobody here?wants to discuss actual issues and would rather just?run around calling each other names and telling penis jokes then Ill just go elsewhere.
I know your pain.

As a matter of fact Im very poor and I always get angry when my rich friends joke about their money.

How poor are you? Can you even afford an above ground pool?
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by noissance »

There are computers more expensive than pools, my cuz has 4 computers, 3 of them are workstation and 1 is a server for his games. He was pretty poor till he finished grad school though...
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

zkra wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:How poor are you? Can you even afford an above ground pool?
[img alt=" " src="http://a2.tvspielfilm.de/imedia/8423/1648423,DJ6tEeEAHHPkD5C3GD0ByTgEBSsCnX4nTjw8OZBY3gR+CslGxWUiU0buAB4vkKKZ_Y_G7SGC1csBlRG_nSOviw==.jpg"]

Try getting a job, will be much easier to buy a pool/pool supplies with regular income
United States of America Metis
Howdah

Post by Metis »

Bringing this thread back on topic.

Missouri assistant professor resigns after dramatic confrontation with journalist caught on video

Near the end of the video, another adult, identified as Melissa Click, tells another reporter, "You need to get out," before asking other protesters for help.

"Who wants to help me get this reporter out of here?" she asks, adding as the video ends, "I need some muscle over here."

Dean of the Missouri School of Journalism David Kurpius announced Click's resignation on his Twitter account late Tuesday.

"The Missouri School of Journalism is proud of photojournalism senior Tim Tai for how he handled himself during a protest on Carnahan Quad on the University of Missouri campus," -- Dean of the Missouri School of Journalism

Like I said, that kid did an amazing job. I hope he goes far in his chosen profession.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/10/mi ... tcmp=hpbt2
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by noissance »

Ugh fox news, where the cesspool of political bias lies (just like MSNBC)
No Flag arriah
Dragoon

Post by arriah »

metis wrote:Bringing this thread back on topic.

Missouri assistant professor resigns after dramatic confrontation with journalist caught on video

Near the end of the video, another adult, identified as Melissa Click, tells another reporter, "You need to get out," before asking other protesters for help.

"Who wants to help me get this reporter out of here?" she asks, adding as the video ends, "I need some muscle over here."

Dean of the Missouri School of Journalism David Kurpius announced Click''s resignation on his Twitter account late Tuesday.

"The Missouri School of Journalism is proud of photojournalism senior Tim Tai for how he handled himself during a protest on Carnahan Quad on the University of Missouri campus," -- Dean of the Missouri School of Journalism
Like I said, that kid did an amazing job. I hope he goes far in his chosen profession.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/10/mi ... tcmp=hpbt2

Here this covers more of what happened (though idk if it covers all of it)

I don''t know where we are at in this conversation

Edit: oops I forgot to add *THE LINK*
Howdah

Post by Metis »

[quote="noissance"][/quote]I just picked the first article resulting from a search for an update on the issue. I earlier linked the BBC. Pick your favorite US media outlet and I''ll link it''s report. However, you should know that most of these just re-post feeds from AP News or other such organizations. Also, don''t equate an a new organization''s opinion shows with it''s news reporting, presuming bias is itself bias.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

God people need to grow the fuck up. Wtf is the University president supposed to do about a random swastika in the bathroom? Start a witch hunt? Shit every time I hang out with my black friends I probably hear the word nigga 10 times at least. This is way way blown out of proportion. That being said, I think there has to be more to the story then is being said to make people act this way. I would guess that there probably is a lot of blatant racism to make these people feel this way, but they just picked the wrong scape goat and the wrong issues to focus it around....
Howdah

Post by Metis »

arriah wrote:
metis wrote:

I dont know where we are at in this conversation

Posting only a link is not participating in the discussion.
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by noissance »

You want to stop stuff like segregation? Ask the media to stop portraying steeeotypes. (Ex. Black people self perpetuate stereotypes against themselves by making rappers who were criminals as their role models)
Howdah

Post by Metis »

gibson wrote:God people need to grow the fuck up. Wtf is the University president supposed to do about a random swastika in the bathroom?
Right. Have any of you played any scenarios in AOE III? Quite a few of them have swastikas plastered somewhere on the map. I''d venture to say that none of the kids doing this are actually promoting Nazism or hate but are just trolling to get a rise out of someone by being little dicks. Something similar can be seen with all the clan names that are some variation of the word "fuck."

Speaking of the swastika, it''s actually an ancient sacred symbol meaning "favored by fortune." It''s really about time the world let''s it get back to its original meaning.

Another word that has been recently corrupted is "Isis," which used to refer to an Egyptian nature goddess. However, if you search this word now you will get a reference to a terrorist group.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

metis wrote:
gibson wrote:God people need to grow the fuck up. Wtf is the University president supposed to do about a random swastika in the bathroom?
Right. Have any of you played any scenarios?in AOE III? Quite a few of them?have swastikas plastered somewhere on the map.?Id venture to say that none of the kids doing this are actually promoting Nazism or hate but are?just trolling?to get a rise out of someone by being little dicks. Something similar can be seen?with all the clan names that are some variation of the word "fuck."

Speaking of the swastika, its actually an ancient sacred symbol meaning "favored by fortune." Its really about time the world lets it get back to its?original meaning.

Another word?that?has been recently corrupted is?"Isis," which used to refer to?an?Egyptian nature goddess. However, if you search this word now you will get a reference to a terrorist group.

Who would troll just to get a rise out of people? Thats pathetic
Howdah

Post by Metis »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
metis wrote:

Who would troll just to get a rise out of people? Thats pathetic
Uh, thats what "troll" means. The word in this context refers to the act of dragging a line behind a moving boat, hoping that a fish will rise to the lure.
No Flag arriah
Dragoon

Post by arriah »

metis wrote:
arriah wrote:I dont know where we are at in this conversation

Posting only a link is not participating in the discussion.

Well it is for me because it is what I was talking about earlier when I said that you didnt have all the reasons for them protesting. I thought I should start there.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

metis wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:Who would troll just to get a rise out of people? Thats pathetic
Uh, thats what "troll" means. The word in this context refers to the act of dragging a line behind a moving boat,?hoping that a fish will?rise to the lure.

I just dont understand who would take time out of their day to do that. Whats the fun?
Howdah

Post by Metis »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
metis wrote:Uh, thats what "troll" means. The word in this context refers to the act of dragging a line behind a moving boat, hoping that a fish will rise to the lure.

I just dont understand who would take time out of their day to do that. Whats the fun?
What? Trolling for fish? Have you ever eaten any seafood? A lot of it is caught by trolling. You are going to sit there all day and catch nothing if you dont troll for fish like mackerel, salmon, swordfish and tuna.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

metis wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:I just dont understand who would take time out of their day to do that. Whats the fun?
What? Trolling for fish? Have you ever eaten any seafood? A lot of it is caught by trolling. You are going to sit there all day and catch nothing?if you dont troll for fish like mackerel, salmon, swordfish and tuna.

Im Jewish cant eat seafood
Howdah

Post by Metis »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
metis wrote:What? Trolling for fish? Have you ever eaten any seafood? A lot of it is caught by trolling. You are going to sit there all day and catch nothing if you dont troll for fish like mackerel, salmon, swordfish and tuna.

Im Jewish cant eat seafood
You can eat fish any fish that has scales and fins, including all the ones I mentioned.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

metis wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:Im Jewish cant eat seafood
You can eat fish any fish that has scales and fins, including all the ones I mentioned.

Oh. Guess I have some catching up to do!
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

metis wrote:
calmyourtits wrote:Online anonymity can be used for many illegal things as well as good things like whistleblowing, but if online anonymity itself ever becomes illegal Im noping the fuck out of this society.
Using a proxy server to view a TV show that is only available in a certain country is illegal. For instance, it would be illegal for me to use one to view the BBC on UK websites, as I dont pay the taxes that support it. Using one per se is not, or shouldnt be, illegal. Legislators in many countries are teaming up to try to control and censor the Internet, however, so no matter what country you are from you should be keeping an eye on your government and the treaties it signs.
Again, thats just using it for something illegal. Doesnt mean anonymity itself is illegal, which it isnt.
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

metis wrote:
Right. Have any of you played any scenarios?in AOE III? Quite a few of them?have swastikas plastered somewhere on the map.?Id venture to say that none of the kids doing this are actually promoting Nazism or hate but are?just trolling?to get a rise out of someone by being little dicks. Something similar can be seen?with all the clan names that are some variation of the word "fuck."

Speaking of the swastika, its actually an ancient sacred symbol meaning "favored by fortune." Its really about time the world lets it get back to its?original meaning.

Another word?that?has been recently corrupted is?"Isis," which used to refer to?an?Egyptian nature goddess. However, if you search this word now you will get a reference to a terrorist group.

Holy shit is m?tis actually trolling?
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Nawwwwww