Best country?

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.

Well?

USA
34%
British
6%
Poland
No votes
Romania
No votes
Bulgaria
6%
Cambodia
6%
Europe
34%
Africa
13%

Total votes: 32

United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Re: Best country?

Post by evilcheadar »

yurashic wrote:Ban this guy please.

This is why people like you are not in charge.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

yurashic wrote:Ban this guy please.

+1
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

You don't have to respond to my off topic post if you don't want to.

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

tedere12 wrote:we all know that Scandinavian countries are the best countries to live in in all aspects.

You have countries like the Netherlands, Switserland, Luxemburg, Singapore, Canada and Germany aswell. Those are all, together with the scandinavian countries, countries where Id want to live I think.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

starting a debate off with "well?" after that lack luster list does not bring about debate. If those were your chosen countries maybe you want to live there one day, then might ask about that, it just came off bad. And tried in incite nationalism and mine is better than yours etc.....

All countries( except iran, syria, and N korea) have been conquered by the fraudulent centralized banking system so they are all in trouble and slaves to the banks anyway.
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:starting a debate off with "well?" after that lack luster list does not bring about debate. If those were your chosen countries maybe you want to live there one day, then might ask about that, it just came off bad. And tried in incite nationalism and mine is better than yours etc.....

All countries( except iran, syria, and N korea) have been conquered by the fraudulent centralized banking system so they are all in trouble and slaves to the banks anyway.

Come on howlingwolfpaw we play all the time. You know I like to keep things open ended and not try to direct conversation. That's why I say well?

No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

Just try to have an open mind to honest feedback. its like making a post saying whats your favorite candy, and listing broccoli, toothpaste, skittles and formaldehyde as the poll topics. there is not really a choice or an explanation as to why you are making those choices. "best" is very subjective and certain countries are better at some things more than others. So it becomes a failed post with no specificity
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:Just try to have an open mind to honest feedback. its like making a post saying whats your favorite candy, and listing broccoli, toothpaste, skittles and formaldehyde as the poll topics. there is not really a choice or an explanation as to why you are making those choices. "best" is very subjective and certain countries are better at some things more than others. So it becomes a failed post with no specificity

The things is, my poll choices are chosen carefully. I chose diverse countries ranging from USA all the way to Cambodia. I can't possibly fit in every country. Also I made a poll about epic rap battles of history and I had the whole range of choices but guess what? People didn't respond much or had dumb responses. It took time to put in all those choices of battles. So now I try to make polls more interesting and have them not too long.

No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

maybe this topic just doesn't need a poll.... why would anyone vote for Cambodia? few really know much about it. is Europe or Africa a country? or British? my list was diverse too, did it make any sense?
No Flag deuxballesman
Dragoon

Post by deuxballesman »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:maybe this topic just doesn't need a poll.... why would anyone vote for Cambodia? few really know much about it. is Europe or Africa a country? or British? my list was diverse too, did it make any sense?

Tbh I loved your list and I pick formaldéhyde :-) Evilcheadar just take the continents off your poll and the hating will dwindle (not vanish though don't get your hopes to high)
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

deuxballesman wrote:
howlingwolfpaw wrote:maybe this topic just doesn't need a poll.... why would anyone vote for Cambodia? few really know much about it. is Europe or Africa a country? or British? my list was diverse too, did it make any sense?

Tbh I loved your list and I pick formaldéhyde :-) Evilcheadar just take the continents off your poll and the hating will dwindle (not vanish though don't get your hopes to high)

Well I put in the wider continents in case some don't know the smaller countries and only know the wider area.

No Flag deuxballesman
Dragoon

Post by deuxballesman »

evilcheadar wrote:
deuxballesman wrote:

Well I put in the wider continents in case some don't know the smaller countries and only know the wider area.
Then why have you kept Poland, Romania and so on but no country from Africa ? Moreover afaik New Zealand should be an option too
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

deuxballesman wrote:
evilcheadar wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Then why have you kept Poland, Romania and so on but no country from Africa ? Moreover afaik New Zealand should be an option too

I thought countries like Poland and Romania would be more recognizable than the many countries within Africa that little here probably have much experience with since its mostly north american and european poster on this forum.

France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

iNcog wrote:
evilcheadar wrote:
iNcog wrote:it's not that, it's that mindless spam is unnecessary. you need some semblance of an interesting or engaging topic and this has none of those

I think asking which country is best is a perfect launching point for further discussion about what makes countries superior to one another.

I understand you would want a broad discussion which envelops a lot of different aspects of the debate. However in this case you're being so broad that you just aren't saying anything. You can kick off the debate with a well-versed argument or a couple of good questions. Heck, it doesn't even have to be high-blown argumentation or philosophy. It has to have a minimum amount of structure to it, that's all.

We obviously aren't going to ban you over something so trivial, or warn you, or anything. However we are going to bring it to your attention that your discussions are on the spammy side, which is to say very little content and a lot of posting. If it was just that, then sure whatever. However it's a recurring thing so eventually we're going to ask that it stops. We'd much rather ask you in an intelligent, grown-up way and hope that you get the idea than just do simple (easy) moderation.

To be fair though, looking at your responses in this thread, it seems to me that you aren't being misunderstood or having trouble communicating. You're looking more and more like a troll.

Well which response makes me "troll "

No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Jerom wrote:
tedere12 wrote:we all know that Scandinavian countries are the best countries to live in in all aspects.

You have countries like the Netherlands, Switserland, Luxemburg, Singapore, Canada and Germany aswell. Those are all, together with the scandinavian countries, countries where Id want to live I think.

Nah I dont like corruption so much neither being fooled by my own politics
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

the poll is not that bad. 7/10
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

thebritish wrote:the poll is not that bad. 7/10

Good something I can agree.

Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

I'll say Africa is definitely up there because of the Zulu. Does anyone really think they can dance with the Conan of the savannah?

United States of America jacksonpollock
Dragoon

Post by jacksonpollock »

Retarded poll, Europe and Africa aren't countries
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

jacksonpollock wrote:Retarded poll, Europe and Africa aren't countries

Aren't ain't a word

No Flag woowoogrub
Crossbow

Post by woowoogrub »

British isn't a country. Bulgaria, Poland, Romania are all in Europe. If you were going for diversity, Bulgaria, Poland, and Romania are pretty much in the same region. Africa is not a country. The question should have been (since you were including continents)what continent is the best to live on? Even then its still broad and not really opens up much to discussion.
"The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live." George Carlin
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

woowoogrub wrote:British isn't a country. Bulgaria, Poland, Romania are all in Europe. If you were going for diversity, Bulgaria, Poland, and Romania are pretty much in the same region. Africa is not a country. The question should have been (since you were including continents)what continent is the best to live on? Even then its still broad and not really opens up much to discussion.

I already said why I include continents, for people who may not know the countries to have a vote. It's good for it to be broad question because it allows much discussion and quality content.

No Flag woowoogrub
Crossbow

Post by woowoogrub »

evilcheadar wrote:
woowoogrub wrote:British isn't a country. Bulgaria, Poland, Romania are all in Europe. If you were going for diversity, Bulgaria, Poland, and Romania are pretty much in the same region. Africa is not a country. The question should have been (since you were including continents)what continent is the best to live on? Even then its still broad and not really opens up much to discussion.

I already said why I include continents, for people who may not know the countries to have a vote. It's good for it to be broad question because it allows much discussion and quality content.

But your country choices does not make sense? Cambodia is a shit show down there why would anyone choose that?(its ranked like 112th on best countries to live in ranking) Romania, bulgaria,poland? There are better european countries to choose from (scandinavian countries). America? Its ranked like 20th on list of best countries to live in.

www.goodcountry.org/overall
"The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live." George Carlin
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

woowoogrub wrote:
evilcheadar wrote:

But your country choices does not make sense? Cambodia is a shit show down there why would anyone choose that?(its ranked like 112th on best countries to live in ranking) Romania, bulgaria,poland? There are better european countries to choose from (scandinavian countries). America? Its ranked like 20th on list of best countries to live in.

http://www.goodcountry.org/overall

The United States is easily one of the best countries to live in.