Let's settle this: do vaccines cause autism?

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.

Do vaccines cause autism?

Vaccines don't cause autism, it's genetic
89%
Vaccines cause autism, I've seen it happen to a friend's kid
11%

Total votes: 35

Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Re: Let's settle this: do vaccines cause autism?

Post by Laurence Drake »

Dolan wrote:No, I didn't define that. Someone with autism doesn't feel distress if they live in isolation. Their distress is caused by having to deal with social stuff. So, in itself, autism doesn't make someone feel sick, if they live in isolation or if they live only in the company of a few people they tolerate (people with similar interests, family, caretakers, etc).

I see what you mean, I just don't think someone with severe autism is in a better position to lead a good life than someone without.
Top quality poster.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Assuming that our species will continue to be social, yeah, they would be at a disadvantage. But if, let's say, autism would mark a new evolution in the human species which would make us less social and more likely to cooperate only based on very narrow shared interests (like autists) using technology, then maybe not.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I know someone who has severe autism to the point where it's really hindering him in living by himself though.
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

Dolan wrote:Assuming that our species will continue to be social, yeah, they would be at a disadvantage. But if, let's say, autism would mark a new evolution in the human species which would make us less social and more likely to cooperate only based on very narrow shared interests (like autists) using technology, then maybe not.
I sincerely doubt that a society of people severely disabled by autism would flourish. Smearing shit on the walls and banging your head on nearby objects is hardly my conception of a good life.
Top quality poster.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Laurence Drake wrote:
Dolan wrote:Assuming that our species will continue to be social, yeah, they would be at a disadvantage. But if, let's say, autism would mark a new evolution in the human species which would make us less social and more likely to cooperate only based on very narrow shared interests (like autists) using technology, then maybe not.
I sincerely doubt that a society of people severely disabled by autism would flourish. Smearing shit on the walls and banging your head on nearby objects is hardly my conception of a good life.

Well, according to theism, god made them this way. It's not like they made some choices when they were a few years old and suddenly they started flinging shit on walls.
United States of America jacksonpollock
Dragoon

Post by jacksonpollock »

The people on the forums here would thrive under a society with no social interaction.
United States of America gustavusadolphus
Lancer

Post by gustavusadolphus »

jacksonpollock wrote:

The people on the forums here would thrive under a society with no social interaction.

speak for yourself Mr pollock.
10000 gallon fiberglass, FNS plus DE filter 48 square foot, ray pack Mini Max 512 BTU gas heater, one Sip n Oodle, NO ZEOSAND
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

Dolan wrote:
Laurence Drake wrote:

Well, according to theism, god made them this way. It's not like they made some choices when they were a few years old and suddenly they started flinging shit on walls.
God hasn't made a society of people with autism yet, and if he did it would only be because it served a greater good.
Top quality poster.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Yes. Refer to MCJim
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

I was trying not to get involved with this, as its way more than just about autism, but this came up and shows how things get suppressed.

https://www.facebook.com/BenSwannRealit ... 067083510/
Dragoon

Post by jacksonpollock »

I think this needs to be revisited in light of the recent autism outbreak on the forums.

User was warned for this post
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

jacksonpollock wrote:I think this needs to be revisited in light of the recent autism outbreak on the forums.

Exorcizamus te, omnis immunde spiritus, omnis Satanica potestas, omnis incursio infernalis adversarii, omnis legio, omnis congregatio et secta Diabolica, in nomine et virtute domini Iesu Christi, eradicare et effugare a dei ecclesia, ab animabus ad imaginem dei conditis ac pretioso divini agnis sanguine redemptis.
Humiliare sub potenti manu dei; contremisce et effuge, invocato a nobis sancto et terribili nomine Iesu, quem inferi tremunt, cui virtutes caelorum et potestates et dominationes subiectae sunt; quem cherubim et seraphim indefessis vocibus laudant, dicentes: sanctus, sanctus, sanctus dominus deus sabaoth.
Dragoon

Post by jacksonpollock »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
jacksonpollock wrote:I think this needs to be revisited in light of the recent autism outbreak on the forums.

Exorcizamus te, omnis immunde spiritus, omnis Satanica potestas, omnis incursio infernalis adversarii, omnis legio, omnis congregatio et secta Diabolica, in nomine et virtute domini Iesu Christi, eradicare et effugare a dei ecclesia, ab animabus ad imaginem dei conditis ac pretioso divini agnis sanguine redemptis.
Humiliare sub potenti manu dei; contremisce et effuge, invocato a nobis sancto et terribili nomine Iesu, quem inferi tremunt, cui virtutes caelorum et potestates et dominationes subiectae sunt; quem cherubim et seraphim indefessis vocibus laudant, dicentes: sanctus, sanctus, sanctus dominus deus sabaoth.

There's one now!
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

C'mon. Not this thread again...
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Nice to see that Jackson Pollock has returned......NOT
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Fluoride clouds the third eye.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

deleted_user wrote:Fluoride clouds the third eye.

It's true
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

I'm glad there are people who are willing to post things that would be deemed "controversial" by the crooked mods
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Astrology is a real science.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:I'm glad there are people who are willing to post things that would be deemed "controversial" by the crooked mods

viewtopic.php?f=318&t=4230#p89101

So much for tolerance..
fucking woooooosh
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

Vaccines do not cause autism, reviving 3 years old threads on ESOC does
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

You are being incondiderate, gamevideo. In fact, I think you are committing a hate crime.
Pay more attention to detail.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

In the name of the ESOC law, sir Gamevideo, you are being arrested and convicted for commiting a hate crime in an off topic thread. You will spend the rest of your days in a dark, damp prison cell that goes under the name of "Permanent Ban". You will be banished from the discord server as well, accordingly to the law. You'll have a lot of time to think about your deplorable behaviour during your detention. May you try to come up with a smurf account, you will most definitely be caught and unmasked by our sophisticated IP checking security system. Now, be on your way, criminal scum.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

#hambanner'd
Pay more attention to detail.