Epic Washington Trip: The Ear's Perspective

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Epic Washington Trip: The Ear's Perspective

Post by fightinfrenchman »

so basically this is my recap of our trip to DC (evil cheadar me gustavus and another person)

- so i wake up at 4 in the morning after sleeping for about 3 and a half hours. i get ready and grab my supplies and head to the car. i go to evil cheadar and gustavus’ house and pick them up. gustavus isn’t quite sure if he brought his phone charger or not but he thinks he did. i tell him he didn’t but he not believe me. next we go pick up the fourth guy who is not a forum member. unbeknownst to me he puts my little plastic baggie of supplies into the trunk along with the ice scrapers but he wasn’t supposed to.

- so we take off and start heading to our great nation’s capital. it’s pretty dark but not hard to drive because my car has lights. anyway we listening to music on my phone but then we realize gustavus and i need to charge our phones. i can’t find my charger because it was in the plastic bag. evil cheadar and guy #4 say they can’t find it and i realize guy #4 put the baggie into the trunk. they also say they can’t find gustavus’ phone charger in back. i angrily sigh and pull over at a rest stop. i get the baggie of supplies out of trunk and gustavus actually finds his own charger in the back i guess cheadar and guy #4 didn’t look hard enough? anyway at this point we are charging both phones while he uses navigation so we no get lost.

- directions are honestly not too bad until we get into the city itself. evil cheadar and guy #4 keep talking over the directions and i can’t hear until it’s too late so i make some wrong turns (can’t get over fast enough you know?) anyway that delays us only slightly but we actually make great time and get to L’Enfant Plaza by like 7:30 am. we all debate for a while if we should take our jackets. i take my jacket but not my scarf and i think that was probably for the best it wasn’t all that cold but it did rain some.

- anyway museums not open until 10am so we say hey let’s do the monuments first. first one is the washington monument, essentially a big stick dedicated to the first president of the United States of America. we admire how tall it is and have a weird discussion about catholics vs protestants not really sure why. then we hit up the world war ii memorial which is actually pretty cool. there is a side that depicts the pacific and one that depicts the atlantic. evil cheadar jokes about breaking one of the statues but i say don’t do it. we touch the water in the fountains because it looks warm and it also smells like chlorine similar to a pool. however it was quite bubbly which made us think it probably had phosphates in it.

- next we go to lincoln memorial. gustavus makes me take some pics of him next to the great statue and there is a woman taking hundreds of selfies with a selfie stick in front of it. then we comment on how the religious imagery on the ceiling is kinda weird. we go behind the statue but nothing there, then we go behind the memorial building and say it’s a cool place to have a secret meeting which i still think is true.

- anyway we hit up the korean war memorial which actually is quite interesting. it was a UN mission so there are the names of all the countries that were involved, I take a picture of the netherlands part and send that picture to Jerom because he is dutch you know. anyway we walk in a circle for kind of a while because we can’t figure out the correct way to leave the memorial. then we walk on a weird path that i don’t think we were supposed to be on because it was really just dirt then a car came up behind us and beeped because we were in the way.

- then we go to what we think is world war i monument but it seems really small. i walk in a circle around it reading the text and we figure out that it is actually just a memorial to the citizens of DC who served in WWI which i thought was interesting. it actually includes the name of every single one of them i suggest checking it out.

- next we go to Martin luther king jr. memorial but we don’t understand it at first. there is like a mountain that is split in two then a big rock but on the other side of the rock is actually the statue of MLK jr himself. evil cheadar remarks that he read about this monument being completed in 2010 in 2010.

- next was franklin delano roosevelt memorial. this one is really big and i like it a lot. guy #4 makes a comment about how roosevelt shouldn’t be in his wheelchair for the statue because there are pics of him where he looks healthy and i say that it is a more accurate representation because he was actually quite ill with polio. gustavus repeatedly mentions how this monument was in house of cards and i agree but guy #4 keeps saying he don’t remember it. some boy scouts come and climb on the statue of FDR’s dog which i thought was disrespectful.

- next we go to jefferson memorial. honestly not too special but we did see a security guy who seemed extremely well armed walk past us and i considered provoking him for no reason but he would probably shoot me you know? anyway the statue is pretty cool and guy #4 says he really likes one of the quotes. it looks like the quotes are bleeding cuz they are copper and they cause stains that can really only be removed by a jack’s magic product? les-iron can sometimes remove stains but is really more for preventing them you know.

- it was at this point that we decide to head to museums. as we walk a homeless person comes up to us we all ignore him except guy #4. homeless guy says to guy #4 what museum you going to guy 4 says air and space then homeless gives guy 4 a map and tells him to donate. guy 4 awkwardly gives him 5 bucks and says he will keep the map as a reminder to not do that again. but then he throws it away which is key remember that for later.

- guy #4 really wants to go to air and space but it is just opening and looks super crowded so we go to american indian one first instead. this one doesn’t have too much stuff in it tbh it kinda seems like they just want to sell you stuff. however there are these two sort of guestbooks that they encourage people to write in and i wrote a link to eso-community.net repeatedly (pics below) in order to try to drive traffic here so you’re welcome.

- next we hit up the air and space museum finally and there’s a lot of stuff to see here. mostly planes though. i really enjoy the space stuff and gustavus seems to really enjoy some weirdly specific planes. guy #4 is the one who really wanted to go here though and he takes a look at a lot of stuff. i saw one of the wright brother’s too somehow he is still alive and giving tours at the museum for whatever reason. i wanted to buy dehydrated ice cream but gustavus reminded me that last time i did it was gross. anyway we really hungry at this point and the mcdonald’s attached to the museum is closest place to eat so we say alright let’s just do it and go in. so we do. there are many lines it a really big mcdonald’s, bigger than some small countries i think. i order 20 chicken nuggets and a bottle of water to fuel me until dinner time. we go upstairs and start eating. however there aren’t enough chairs because some kid took one so evil cheadar can’t sit. then kid gives it back so he can sit. so we eat. gustavus didn’t like the salad dressing he got even though it was obvious what it was. for some reason guy #4 kept pressuring us to leave by 12:45 so we can get to next target (american history museum) by 1 but i don’t know why he did.

- so we leave and head to american history museum. then we see freer art gallery and decide let check it out. gustavus mentions something about an exhibit called peacock room which we go to and it is pretty interesting and neat looking then we see signs about something called peacock room remix which really makes us interested so we go down many flights of steps and go deep into this weird building. eventually we find peacock room remix and it is like the first one but decaying and creepy. creepy music plays. guy #4 loudly proclaims it is too creepy even though no one else in room is talking and leaves not sure why he did that i kinda liked it. then we climb some steps but not as many as it took to get down somehow. we exit through another building with a different name on it which confused us then it took even longer to get to american history museum.

- american history museum is where things started to fade. by this point my feet were hurting a lot because i didn’t wear comfortable shoes like gustavus said i wore stylish ones that look nicer. i didn’t want to look like some lame tourist you know. anyway american history museum has some interesting war stuff but a lot of it is just weird general stuff like about light bulbs? and food? at this point evil cheadar was essentially sleep walking, he didn’t sleep at all the night before and he just walked around with a glazed look in his eyes. i kept saying my feet hurt and gustavus got annoyed every time we kept sitting down for a quick rest. the transportation section was kind of odd because there is a bus simulator essentially but gustavus kept saying it was a train. not sure why i guess he likes trains

- i’m not sure exactly when it happened but guy 4 had another run in with a homeless guy. a homeless guy was handing out american flag beanies and put on into evil cheadar’s hand but chedar did not actually grip it (very smart) however guy 4 did then he kept walking. homeless guy started yelling at him because his scam is that he gives you hat then you are obligated to pay. guy 4 says he already donated and eventually after it looks like homeless guy is going to attack he gives hat back.

- we start heading to natural history museum and at this point it starts raining. so all four of us run very quickly through the crowds of people and get into the museum which is crowded. it is really full of people who didn’t want to be stuck in rain. i wasnt sure and am still not if this is the one ben stiller works at or not. anyway it’s hard to enjoy the exhibits because so many people but some of them are pretty cool. at this point my feet hurt so bad and i’m still sick (last week i postponed trip because sick but i wasn’t fully better) so i was coughing like a madman so we sit down in cafe area. guy 4 gets a weird latte drink and essentially gulps the whole thing in one second. i feel my memory of this part was a bit hazy due to how weak i felt. i drank a ton of water from a water fountain to try to bring myself back to life.

- i go into the gift shop for no reason and look around and buy nothing. then i put a penny in the weird penny press machine and get one as a souvenior but i don’t even know where it is now. we leave and i start navigating us toward where we are going to eat dinner a place called vie de france. let me say it not very good for multiple reasons. i ask for the special edition harvest turkey sandwhich they say they don’t have all ingredients. i ask for chicken panini without mayo and they say it is premade so it must have the pesto mayo. i reluctantly say that’s fine. guy 4 got his food first and was done by the time i got mine so he bought a little piece of cake. it had straight up mold on it which was gross so they throw it away and give him a piece of different cake for free. honestly just not good service food wasn’t bad but the mold makes me not like it.

- so we walk back to L’Enfant plaza and go through the weird always empty lobby and use the swanky elevators to go down. we all need to use the bathroom. but bathroom is closed for being cleaned. so we walk to other side and use those bathrooms. then we head back to the car and celebrate a good trip but i say it not over yet we have to get home safe first you know.

- so we start leaving the city and for some reason it is super easy. last time was weird and took us through suburbs but this time we got right out and it wasn’t even that hard. the part that always trips me where there are like 8 lanes was still annoying but i powered through. once phones are charged enough i start playing music again but guy 4 for some reason keeps saying it too loud. he says keep it at 25 max but 49 is the highest it goes and i usually have it at 49 because that is a good volume for me. it was annoying tbh. anyway we play music from star wars and mad max and i pretend the cars behind me are chasing me to help keep myself awake.

- at some point on the way home we all tell evil cheadar to recount the entire day for us and he does in excrutiating detail which sort of inspired this post. i didn’t want to lose anything. anyway as we get closer he keeps explaining but eventually we drop guy 4 off then we get to evil cheadar and gustavus house and we play a rush game with Dr. d1ck and boobs brigade. i don’t really remember what happened because at this point i was losing all life energy and was essentially dead. then i went home another 15 minute drive and pretty much instantly fell asleep. i slept for about 13 hours straight and woke up still sick with a sore throat and coughing. remember how i postponed trip last tuesday? well i’m only now just starting to feel better. it’s been a real pain. the trip was good over all though. 2015 was bad year let’s hope 2016 is better #modtheear
Attachments
IMG_20151228_102811.jpg
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Re: Epic Washington Trip: The Ear's Perspective

Dr. Legend wrote:You have issues dude.

no i don't

Dr. Legend wrote:What was the quote?

i don't remember something about democracy probably i'll ask guy 4 next time i see him

Dr. Legend wrote:So all these unrelated people live in the same house. Weird situation you got there guys.

they dont live there they just were there and wanted to play some aoe so they waited until we got home
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Dr. Legend wrote:Tell me about pools. Is it some kind of meme I'm not aware of? And why is Metis associated with pools?

well basically we love pools. i like swimming in them but tbh i spend most of my time fixing the myriad of issues that having a pool entails.

metis is involved in the sense that metis knows everything and thus has much pool knowledge although gustav evil cheadar and i know much much more
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

Dr. Legend wrote:Tell me about pools. Is it some kind of meme I'm not aware of? And why is Metis associated with pools?

It's the first original meme of ESOC. With luck well be able to produce something to rival pepe some day.
Top quality poster.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

I'm really happy I made this post because it allows me to very easily remember in great detail this fun trip we did.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I hope DE will bring back Basement games. I want to see the spreadsheet and the dominos order log!