RTS-Santuary?

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
No Flag DemonDog
Skirmisher

RTS-Santuary?

Post by DemonDog »

What is the point of that site anymore? I would love to talk to the guy who actually pays the bill for that site lol
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Re: RTS-Santuary?

Post by Marco1698 »

It is a great site, it's dead unfortunately but that's because it's too old. It's still managed by someone, because some days ago it was temporarily offline because of maintenance
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

It isn't used for aoe3 any more but other RTS (aom ect) still use it.
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

Rts still good lot would be lost without the site
Sweden leaf4
Dragoon

Post by leaf4 »

Theres a lot of great information still on that site, id hate to see it go
thebritish wrote: AA>going fortress
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

We should probably copy some shit from RTSS...
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

i hope it stays up, it has a treasure of recorded games there, it would be a shame if that was lost.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

iirc the_buckethead wrote somewhere he downloaded all the recorded games from RTSS with a software or something like that.
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

Haha I found the announcement for Saturday Smackdown by Zuta http://www.rts-sanctuary.com/RTS-Sanctu ... 30816&st=0
July 2014, times fly. Great he's doing still :)
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Germany tilanus
Retired Contributor

Post by tilanus »

Tbh, I've wondered the same what's gonna be the fate of RTSSanct. Zuta is an admin there, has he said anything about it somewhere? I don't know anything, but would really like to know. I agree on saving the useful resources btw, these things are essential to keep a scene alive.
No Flag DemonDog
Skirmisher

Post by DemonDog »

The sites just so nonactive I just can't see how it's even up anymore. It was great when it was AgeSanct but they changed it to a dumb site....
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

Dumb site ye, but it has a lot of recs, sometimes I download some from there. They are old recs, but expert replay from starsky, parfait, nature phoenix POV are greats!
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

tilanus wrote:Tbh, I've wondered the same what's gonna be the fate of RTSSanct. Zuta is an admin there, has he said anything about it somewhere? I don't know anything, but would really like to know. I agree on saving the useful resources btw, these things are essential to keep a scene alive.

I am technically still an admin there, but have not been active on that forum in a very long time. If anyone has interests in the ability to bulk download resources just PM me and I can give you permissions to bulk download.
Germany tilanus
Retired Contributor

Post by tilanus »

Thanks for answer, ZutaZuta. How about we transfer it to ESOC right away and offer people to download them in respectable quantities? Having them available right at the most popular AoE3 place would certainly be beneficial for the community. Community growth and durability can also be linked to the availability of essential, sophisticated resources that encourage people to somehow interact or care about the game. :)
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

umeu wrote:i hope it stays up, it has a treasure of recorded games there, it would be a shame if that was lost.

Aren't they just ancient suboptimal/irrelevant strats played on RE maps?
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Post by Durokan »

Is the game capable of playing old recs? IE the RE client goes OOS if you try and play an EP rec.
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

ovi12 wrote:
umeu wrote:i hope it stays up, it has a treasure of recorded games there, it would be a shame if that was lost.

Aren't they just ancient suboptimal/irrelevant strats played on RE maps?

strats still interesteing
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
Germany tilanus
Retired Contributor

Post by tilanus »

The point is not everybody knows RTSSanct and it's no longer an appealing place to go. I particularly doubt newer players know about the treasures and the thing is, they should. If we're being brutally honest, the records have become the only reason to go there. What you call cannibalism is what I consider both a backup and service for the community. What do you realistically want to do about RTSSanct? Revive it? That's completely unrealistic. If the community wanted to be there, they'd be, but they are not.

You should be more concerned about how to get and keep players in the only AoE3 site of notable size and relevance that is absolutely essential to the AoE3 community, more than an abstract dignity of a site that is practically dead in regards to AoE3. Treasures are useless to explorers when hidden.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

it would be a good idea to store the recs somewhere in case rts ever goes down. better to have it with a player, than with a site who might not have the same bond with the game
No Flag DemonDog
Skirmisher

Post by DemonDog »

umeu wrote:it would be a good idea to store the recs somewhere in case rts ever goes down. better to have it with a player, than with a site who might not have the same bond with the game

Most of the recorded games are so ancient they are mostly played on the other patches.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

MCJim wrote:Haha I found the announcement for Saturday Smackdown by Zuta http://www.rts-sanctuary.com/RTS-Sanctu ... 30816&st=0
July 2014, times fly. Great he's doing still :)

This is nuts. Zuta has over 8000 posts on that site. It's crazy to think that there's a 5+ year time period where I just had no idea that any of this, that any of you guys, existed. I didn't know who H2O was; I didn't know zutazuta. I didn't know there was an online forum for aoe. I logged onto gameranger on my mac and played with the same 20 people for years and years at a time, completely oblivious to any presence from ESO, encapsulated in my own tiny world. Until one day, gameranger simply didn't work. My world ended and I just stopped playing.

I guess what I'm saying is, I'm glad I finally made it here.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Actually the N3Oclan youtube (you know, that archive with almost all videos released in the preyoutube era) is a result of some clan member having internethoarding issues or so haha. Guy had just stored all the VODs (which used to be released as a download on sth like mediafire, a download thatd expire after a while) stored on his computer somewhere. Quite amazing. We should make someone store all the (relevant) RTS sanc recs.