RIP thebritish

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Re: RIP thebritish

Post by momuuu »

iNcog wrote:
Jerom wrote:
Le Dragon wrote:I'd like to see how long you can keep a community alive by forcing it to discuss only aoe3 and nothing else.

agecomm survived all the way until it was closed down. it didnt have off topic right?

lol wat

ofc it did

think it got closed though, which would obviously kill it

Yeah it had off topic at some point but it was still pretty active for a long time after it was removed, even when there were three different active aoe forums (ageheaven, agesanc and agecomm) of which the other two did have off topic. The only reason it died was because it was closed down and then the new site, which might actually have had off topic, was just unpleasant in every aspect.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

The off topic is integral to the site!
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Bosnia & Herzegovina medinos
Lancer
ESO: AlexBoye,Daddysmurf

Post by medinos »

Le Dragon wrote:
Jerom wrote:
Le Dragon wrote:I'd like to see how long you can keep a community alive by forcing it to discuss only aoe3 and nothing else.

agecomm survived all the way until it was closed down. it didnt have off topic right?

It did, at first. That was where the life of the community was focused. Everyone used to talk about the 'golden age' before ES introduced stricter moderation standards, and started shutting down threads. That's when people like Mr. Native moved on to set up Sons of Liberty. Basically, tight moderations forces people to leave so they can pursue intelligent discussion elsewhere.

The problem is like..
If I just say a word that is like "Hitler" they start talking about racism...
Lol I was just talking about some history and what really happened in WW2 but the mods like the propaganda shit so yeah..
Let them have it...
Lets not think out-side the box and lets stop listening to other people and lets just repeat the stuff we know so we won't learn anything...
BUt if you would start to listen maybe you would learn something new...
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

Jerom wrote:
iNcog wrote:
Show hidden quotes

lol wat

ofc it did

think it got closed though, which would obviously kill it

Yeah it had off topic at some point but it was still pretty active for a long time after it was removed, even when there were three different active aoe forums (ageheaven, agesanc and agecomm) of which the other two did have off topic. The only reason it died was because it was closed down and then the new site, which might actually have had off topic, was just unpleasant in every aspect.

Agecomm's activity plummeted after off topic was removed.
Top quality poster.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

medinos wrote:
Le Dragon wrote:
Show hidden quotes

It did, at first. That was where the life of the community was focused. Everyone used to talk about the 'golden age' before ES introduced stricter moderation standards, and started shutting down threads. That's when people like Mr. Native moved on to set up Sons of Liberty. Basically, tight moderations forces people to leave so they can pursue intelligent discussion elsewhere.

The problem is like..
If I just say a word that is like "Hitler" they start talking about racism...
Lol I was just talking about some history and what really happened in WW2 but the mods like the propaganda shit so yeah..
Let them have it...
Lets not think out-side the box and lets stop listening to other people and lets just repeat the stuff we know so we won't learn anything...
BUt if you would start to listen maybe you would learn something new...

Was Hitler good, yes or no
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Wtf don't leave yet, you need to get banned for fair
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Lancer

Post by medinos »

thebritish wrote:out

For some reason I gave the feeling of GUILT and REMORSE because of this...

TBH I don't even mind that much of his posts and all I just like people who want some fun :D
Thebritish will always have a special place in my heart belive it or not..

I have a fetish for thebritish...
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

fightinfrenchman wrote:The off topic is integral to the site!

This.
United States of America jacksonpollock
Dragoon

Post by jacksonpollock »

zoom wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:The off topic is integral to the site!

This.

top kek
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

gibson wrote:It's the Frenchman job to make these posts. It's your job to make a big long post explaining how you're leaving because the rules are unfair, everyone is a dick, and longbows remain unbuffed

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

Poor thebritish. It was fun watching him learn about the game, albeit very slowly and with massive resistance. Not to mention his shitposts were fun.

I'll look forward to threads not all being about longbow buffs though.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
No Flag Mr_Poop
Crossbow

Post by Mr_Poop »

fightinfrenchman wrote:Woow ESOC staff attacking a user

I'm a newer member of this community and i don't really know how cancerous thebritish is. I know him for such a little time and i liked him. It's truly sad that some big names of this community is attacking him when he's saying that he's quitting.

Hope everything goes well for you mate. You will be missed at least by me (if it matters anyways). See you later.
#siteownertheear
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

*sigh of relief*
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Thebritish will probably make his own patch. :D
India Nymphomaniac
Dragoon

Post by Nymphomaniac »

so #BTB was a success? I still doubt it.
Germany tilanus
Retired Contributor

Post by tilanus »

@iNcog : You're free to find my comment unprofessional, I don't think yours is good either. I need to have no sympathy for users who's biggest achievement was to earn a bad reputation and many warnings and then seriously expect a respectul goodbye in their self-staged, narcissistic look guys, I'm leaving type of thread. He could just go without this purely intended show.

I recommend the same procedure for this topic as the See ya thread. Just lock it and let thebritish realize his announcement. It has no constructive elements and it won't get them in the future.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

tilanus wrote:@iNcog : You're free to find my comment unprofessional, I don't think yours is good either. I need to have no sympathy for users who's biggest achievement was to earn a bad reputation and many warnings and then seriously expect a respectul goodbye in their self-staged, narcissistic look guys, I'm leaving type of thread. He could just go without this purely intended show.

I recommend the same procedure for this topic as the See ya thread. Just lock it and let thebritish realize his announcement. It has no constructive elements and it won't get them in the future.

You just joined on the forum and your first public post as ESOC staff member was to attack other members. I am wondering how you even got in with your atttitude.

@le_dragon
@medinos
@forgrin
@Mr_Poop
I wasn't expecting that i will see someone who doesn't dislike me. It was nice to read your responses. ;) Cya.
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

tilanus wrote:@iNcog : You're free to find my comment unprofessional, I don't think yours is good either. I need to have no sympathy for users who's biggest achievement was to earn a bad reputation and many warnings and then seriously expect a respectul goodbye in their self-staged, narcissistic look guys, I'm leaving type of thread. He could just go without this purely intended show.

This, oh this!
Lancer

Post by medinos »

thebritish wrote:

You just joined on the forum and your first public post as ESOC staff member was to attack other members. I am wondering how you even got in with your atttitude.

@le_dragon
@medinos
@forgrin
@Mr_Poop
I wasn't expecting that i will see someone who doesn't dislike me. It was nice to read your responses. ;) Cya.

I never said I don't like you btw ...
I always wanted to help you improve in this game :)
Niue Le Dragon
Dragoon

Post by Le Dragon »

There are constructive elements if the community wants to discuss the specific reasons why thebritish chose to leave.

This is the problem with strict moderation. You decide what people can and can't discuss, without regard for what they might actually prefer.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

thebritish wrote:Gibson said 25% of the reasons why i am leaving

So you are leaving because the patch devs declined to implement a stat change nobody but you wanted? Do you have any idea how pathetic this makes you look? I have nothing against you personally, but this is exactly the sort of thing that made people dislike you in the first place
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Niue Le Dragon
Dragoon

Post by Le Dragon »

Longbows do kinda deserve buffs tbh.
Germany tilanus
Retired Contributor

Post by tilanus »

1. I did not just join the forum. I helped building it.
2. Complaining about too strict moderation and right after random-referencing longbows, sushi or whatsoever is exactly why stricter moderation is absolutely necessary in this kindergarden.
No Flag Mr_Poop
Crossbow

Post by Mr_Poop »

tilanus wrote:in this kindergarden.

Yes, calling this community a kindergarten is surely wise. Especially when you're in this forum's dev team.

Alright teacher, please don't spank me.
#siteownertheear