political correctness - well we know we all hate politicians anyway so

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
France benj89
Howdah

Re: political correctness - well we know we all hate politicians anyway so

Post by benj89 »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
benj89 wrote:What poses
the reality isn't a melting pot in USA, but a "salad bowl". You won't see black in spanish harlem, you won't see hispanics in bedford stuyvesant, you won't see anything else than chinese in sunset park or flushing, and anything else that whites in williamsburg/brooklyn heights. And that's just nyc.
I've seen this accross multiple place in the US, the exception being few rich neighborhoods but as soon as there is poverty people stick to their race.
The modern use of "ghetto" was popularized by the US for a reason, living example of the success of poorly handled multiculturalism.

No, we handle multiculturalism quite well. I interact regularly with people of other races/cultures and live with them too. Unlike Europeans us Americans are very tolerant and welcoming

I never implied you were part of the poverty class, however you live in a rich/upper middle class neighborhood hence the exception.
And again, the way you act doesn't reflect the way things are. If you travel a bit across the US you might have the same observation
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

hes just baiting you benj.

its the same in europe too, people tend to stick together with others of their own culture for various reasons. 1 very obvious one is language. which perhaps doesnt apply as much to the usa actually, but it does so very much for immigrants in europe. and there are a few other big factors
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

benj89 wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
benj89 wrote:What poses
the reality isn't a melting pot in USA, but a "salad bowl". You won't see black in spanish harlem, you won't see hispanics in bedford stuyvesant, you won't see anything else than chinese in sunset park or flushing, and anything else that whites in williamsburg/brooklyn heights. And that's just nyc.
I've seen this accross multiple place in the US, the exception being few rich neighborhoods but as soon as there is poverty people stick to their race.
The modern use of "ghetto" was popularized by the US for a reason, living example of the success of poorly handled multiculturalism.

No, we handle multiculturalism quite well. I interact regularly with people of other races/cultures and live with them too. Unlike Europeans us Americans are very tolerant and welcoming

I never implied you were part of the poverty class, however you live in a rich/upper middle class neighborhood hence the exception.
And again, the way you act doesn't reflect the way things are. If you travel a bit across the US you might have the same observation

You don't know my socioeconomic status
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
benj89 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

You don't know my socioeconomic status

you spend your time discussing about pool and playing video games, not too hard to guess
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

benj89 wrote:
you spend your time discussing about pool and playing video games, not too hard to guess

I don't own a pool, and the only video game I play is 10+ years old
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix