[POLL] Euro 2016

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.

Which nation will win Euro 2016?

Poll ended at 25 Jun 2016, 10:41

Albania
2%
Austria
2%
Belgium
3%
Croatia
2%
Czech Republic
2%
England
5%
France
11%
Germany
29%
Hungary
2%
Iceland
2%
Ireland
No votes
Italy
6%
Northern Ireland
No votes
Poland
2%
Portugal
6%
Romania
No votes
Russia
2%
Slovakia
No votes
Spain
15%
Sweden
3%
Switzerland
2%
Turkey
3%
Ukraine
No votes
Wales
6%

Total votes: 66

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Re: [POLL] Euro 2016

Post by momuuu »

scroo milik
Croatia PERISICMADAFAKER
Crossbow
ESO: PERISIC

Post by PERISICMADAFAKER »

Jerom wrote:scroo milik

YEAHRHJHN PERISICC FKING BSET MAZTN IN THE WORLD DMAN GOODF MABN SCORED FO R 2-1 FGKGN HELL WUT WE WINN THISSSS EUZROO UFCMJING SPAIN FUCKING SPAIN
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

Calm down bpds.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Jerom wrote:Well Im all aboard the croatia/italia train. Of the 8 teams I personally listed (france, germany, spain, england, italy, belgium, portugal, croatia) I feel like portugal was so overwhelmingly disappointing that I wanna leave them out. England and belgium would be the next to cut from that list I think. For croatia it matters a lot if modric will be fit next games.

Modric is nothing but a common whore!
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Jerom wrote:
Dolan wrote:Croatia - Spain:
Awesome match. The Dutch referees are doing a bad job, tho.

I actually agreed with his decisions, I think he did a good job. At least with regards to the penalties.

Actually kuipers was the best referee of 2014 and was supposed to do the final but didnt get to because NL got too far. His previous match (was it france - swiss or germany - poland I dont remember which one) was actually flawless. I think he might actually do the finals here.

He didn't award the penalty kick for Croatia in the 2nd half, then just a few moments later he awards a penalty kick to Spain, just because Costa couldn't stop falling, when the Croatian player behind him collapsed from behind. That wasn't intentional fault. Anyway, that wasn't the only mistake they did. Then he gives Srna a yellow card just because he told him he didn't award Croatia a penalty kick on a similar fault. Seems a bit one-sided.

I think a few times Spain was in offside position, but they didn't stop the game. They were a bit too lenient and gave the Spaniards time to re-enter the game from an offside position, instead of just stopping the game.

These are just a few moments off the top of my head, but there are some other moments when they weren't up to the task.

But anyway, gg, I'm happy for Croatia, they deserved to win vs Bosquet's superstars.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

giving srna yellow is just protocol, if you keep protesting you get yellow. thats not a mistake of the referee, look to uefa.

you can argue about the penalties, it will be just a matter of fandom really. both cases something happened, but not much happened. both couldve been a penalty, neither, or just one of them. its hard to say.

but ye there were a few mistakes
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

I think the first one was definitely not a penalty. Second one felt like one to me but that one was hard to call, not really sure. Not sure about offside, at first I thought the first goal was offside but it barely wasnt.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Also, I wanted to mention that the setup (obviously) is terrible. It really ruins the tournament, not only are there too many mediocre squads (no offense to their fans) and too little close matches like croatia - spain where both squads try to win and play decent-good football, but it also encourages teams to play to not lose. If you draw once and win one, you have a huge chance to advance in the third spot. Against the two favorites of a group there is, as underdog, not much reason to try to go for the win really. When only the number one and two would advance, then the other teams would have to try to do better than one of these teams and play to kinda win. Right now its all about conceding as little goals as possible or possibly getting a draw. It really makes many games boring.
Jaeger

The overall level is getting more and more consistent. In 10 years, Faroe Islands and Malta will wreck the current top teams. :santa:
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Very unexpected. Fortunately portugal didnt get 2nd place or they'd have also ended up in the bottom bracket, that'd have been insane.

It's either
france vs Sweden/Ireland and Wales vs North Ireland
or France vs North Ireland and Wales vs Turkey
for the remaining spots
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

you forget about hungary vs belgium or sweden
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

umeu wrote:you forget about hungary vs belgium or sweden

Sorry, I assumed that'd be belgium. Didn't adress it because I thought that was more evident (it was to me) and I was just trying to figure out what the fuck these weird fucking third place possibilities were.

I really wish we could go back to 16 countries.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

24 can be fine if they do 8 groups of 3 and let top 2 go through. thats 2x8 = 16. then you have a 16 knockout, just like the WC.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Yeah I guess you're right about that umeu, wasn't there an item about that on dutch tv because that one seemed to have some other downsides, most importantly that you dont know precisely when your team is playing in the group stages. This system though creates uninteresting games imo and is simply unfair (on what criterium can you judge the number 3 in portugals shitty group to have done better than the number 3 in italy/belgiums group or the number 3 in spain/croatias group..)
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

holy shit, lower part of the bracket is so stacked....
r]
Jaeger

I feel Iceland will destroy them all.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Yeah thats why I linked it. Out of the seven undisputed favorites I think (france england spain germany italy belgium portugal, although I think a case for croatia could have been made I guess) five of them, and probably the strongest five beforehand, ended up on the bottom side of the brackets. The upper side will have some mediocre matches I think.

I guess wales v belgium and poland v croatia/portugal are the projected quarter finals which isnt even as good as italy spain lol. Even the semi finals, which Id predict to be belgium croatia is really mediocre. But for belgium and croatia, and ultimately also for portugal, this bracket is a relatively easy road to the finals as they really arent the top dogs. For portugal/belgium thats just gay luck, for croatia thats deserved.

Good thing italy already qualified haha, otherwise belgium and italy would have fought for the second place. Actually if the individual result wouldnt matter itd have been smart for italy to concede as many goals as possible.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Jerom wrote:Yeah I guess you're right about that umeu, wasn't there an item about that on dutch tv because that one seemed to have some other downsides, most importantly that you dont know precisely when your team is playing in the group stages. This system though creates uninteresting games imo and is simply unfair (on what criterium can you judge the number 3 in portugals shitty group to have done better than the number 3 in italy/belgiums group or the number 3 in spain/croatias group..)

ye this system is ridiculous, cant believe they couldnt have thought of something better with all the millions they have at their disposal lol. couldve easily hired metis or dolan to come up with something.

groups of 3 have their downside for sure. You do know when you will play the groupstage, atleast your first game, the 2nd kinda depends on your performance in the first, but i dont think its such a big deal. But you can no longer have a draw.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

And then theres the part where some 2nd places have to play a first place finish and some play another 2nd place finish which is ridiculous.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Okay so the reasoning why the brackets are messed up: Based on seeding France, Germany and Italy/Belgium should've been bottom half, while Spain, Portugal and England should've been top half together with Italy/Belgium once. The former probably has the stronger line up I guess. What happened was that there were 2 upsets, england and spain, which therefor moved to the bottom half while france germany and italy did what they were basically expected to do. On top of that, Portugal was extremely disappointing so far and belgium seemed mediocre. This leaves the bottom half with only belgium and portugal. I was pleasantly surprised by croatia so I guess that partially makes up for it. The rest of the teams in the bracket are so far imo, with all respect, tier 2 teams. Maybe poland is the most decent out of the set, and wales isn't that shitty too I guess.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

The upper part of the bracket is a joke compared to the lower part lol
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

umeu wrote:couldve easily hired metis or dolan to come up with something.

Rofl. Dunno why you'd include me in the same category with a 54 years old dude from USA.
I don't have anything in common with Metis. Possibly only some knowledge of science, but that's all. Guy was a teacher, war veteran, ex-doctor, etc etc, none of which I had anything to do with until now. He literally knew anything that had ever been written and researched on this planet, via wikipedia.

On-topic:
Watching Belgium - Sweden. Game is not bad, Belgium throwing all its weight into the offensive. I like that. Sweden seems to only count on Ibra doing something magic, nothing more. =/
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

Germany gonna butcher everyone... (Figuratively ofc)
Error 404: Signature not found
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

wow... they stole Imbrahimovic's chance to continue his carreer another match. That was a pure goal and a typical ibra one...
Jaeger

Sweden - Belgium :
Beautiful goal. But also kind of cruel for the Swedes, who deserved to score too.