[POLL] Euro 2016

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.

Which nation will win Euro 2016?

Poll ended at 25 Jun 2016, 10:41

Albania
2%
Austria
2%
Belgium
3%
Croatia
2%
Czech Republic
2%
England
5%
France
11%
Germany
29%
Hungary
2%
Iceland
2%
Ireland
No votes
Italy
6%
Northern Ireland
No votes
Poland
2%
Portugal
6%
Romania
No votes
Russia
2%
Slovakia
No votes
Spain
15%
Sweden
3%
Switzerland
2%
Turkey
3%
Ukraine
No votes
Wales
6%

Total votes: 66

Portugal sergyou
Lancer

Re: [POLL] Euro 2016

Post by sergyou »

Lukas_L99 wrote:Both Sergyou and I always knew about how important Eder was for the portuguese team

Eder too good lukas i told U
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

Totally deserved. Sissoko is the mvp though. Raphael Guerreiro > C.Ronaldo, let him take the free kicks.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Ports played better in the second extra time period. So I think they deserved to win the final, although not the cup.
Their game play up until the finals has been mediocre. They were superlucky to get in the finals.
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

France played well and can be proud, this lack of luck can happen
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Jerom wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:
Jerom wrote:Sad day for the neutral viewer :/

Sad Euro Cup for the neutral viewer*

Yes and as icing on the cake the anti football wins :(

tbh portugal wasnt even attacking much less than france at that point. it was quite a poor match, weird since the french were attacking alot early on. but after the 2nd half they seemed unmotivated. pogba brought nothing, so sad. sissoko was a boss, but it wasnt enough. he probably deserved to win the most.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

At least I spend most of the match eating spareribs outside, football is mostly not worth watching.
Jaeger

If you replace Sagna with a decent player, France wins the next World Cup.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

dunno, they should better be looking for a good striker, or call up benzema... the french midfield is insanely talented though. and if varane returns, their central defense is strong as well. they just need a battering ram (rams op after all) to create mayhem in the defense so griezmann can score.
Jaeger

Ben Arfa is the man, but the coach preferred Martial and Gignac...
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

Pogba can be either very good or very disappointing :sad:
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Portugal sergyou
Lancer

Post by sergyou »

Mimsy for President wrote:If you replace Sagna with a decent player, France wins the next World Cup.

U sir def know shit about football .
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

atleast messi has to come back now to lead argentina to win the WC2018 XD
Jaeger

sergyou wrote:
Mimsy for President wrote:If you replace Sagna with a decent player, France wins the next World Cup.

U sir def know shit about football .
Says a guy who has never played it irl?
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

France just depends too much on Griezmann, no matter how brilliant the other players seem, if he doesn't score France doesn't win. He scored almost half of all goals for France at this EURO. The others were scored by Payet and Giroud. If these players fail to score, France can't win, no matter how well Sissoko plays.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Well deserved victory for the only clean and honorable team in the tournament; the victim of terrible refereeing throughout, racking up one win after the other regardless. In the final alone they should have been awarded two penalties!
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

Congrats to Portugal!
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

French failed to score, Portugal made couple of actions and scored. They won fair and square. Also Port goalie performance was excellent.
Image Image Image
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

I was more happy that none of the high-maintenance teams won (Germany, France, Italy).

And I'm happy for Portugal for winning without Ronaldo.
They proved they can be a team without that narcissistic "cry-me-a-river" superstar.
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

Dolan wrote:I was more happy that none of the high-maintenance teams won (Germany, France, Italy).

They proved they can be a team without that narcissistic "cry-me-a-river" superstar.

Could you elaborate on the "cry me a river" part. If your talking about when he got stretchered off that is just passion and dissapointment that he couldn't carry on.....
United States of America Mvp618
Skirmisher
ESO: Mvp618

Post by Mvp618 »

Ye, I'm really just happy that Ronaldo had nothing to do with the win. The guy is so arrogant, and overrated in my opinion. A few bad calls by the ref led to a pretty quick momentum change leading to the goal. The goal was a really nice shot however.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

lol overrated... hes the main reason they were there in the first place. Sure rui patricio and pepe did a good job at defending and making sure that they didnt concede, but he showed his class when it was needed. and its just really sad he got knocked out. You can hate his character all you want, but there is no denying his football talent.

he basically played this entire tournament injured and fatigued, he still carried his team with his goals as he did for madrid.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

InsectPoison wrote:
Dolan wrote:I was more happy that none of the high-maintenance teams won (Germany, France, Italy).

Could you elaborate on the "cry me a river" part. If your talking about when he got stretchered off that is just passion and dissapointment that he couldn't carry on.....

haters gonna hate hate hate
United States of America Mvp618
Skirmisher
ESO: Mvp618

Post by Mvp618 »

umeu wrote:lol overrated... hes the main reason they were there in the first place. Sure rui patricio and pepe did a good job at defending and making sure that they didnt concede, but he showed his class when it was needed. and its just really sad he got knocked out. You can hate his character all you want, but there is no denying his football talent.

he basically played this entire tournament injured and fatigued, he still carried his team with his goals as he did for madrid.

Saying someone is overrated is not the same as saying someone is not good. I think he is a great player, people just tend to think he is a bit better than he is. A great example of this is that Portugal did not need him to win. His play in some games were impressive, while others not so much. Sure, he is a top player but not as good as others, including himself, tend to think he is.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Mvp618 wrote:
umeu wrote:lol overrated... hes the main reason they were there in the first place. Sure rui patricio and pepe did a good job at defending and making sure that they didnt concede, but he showed his class when it was needed. and its just really sad he got knocked out. You can hate his character all you want, but there is no denying his football talent.

Saying someone is overrated is not the same as saying someone is not good. I think he is a great player, people just tend to think he is a bit better than he is. A great example of this is that Portugal did not need him to win. His play in some games were impressive, while others not so much. Sure, he is a top player but not as good as others, including himself, tend to think he is.

This post is a incredible display of ignorance of not only soccer, but sports in general.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Watching French TV this morning Portugal looks lit. As lit as Cleveland after they won the championship? I don't think so. And does Portugal have Jr Smith walking around shirtless popping champagne and kissing babies? No way. America > Europe