[POLL] Euro 2016

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.

Which nation will win Euro 2016?

Poll ended at 25 Jun 2016, 10:41

Albania
2%
Austria
2%
Belgium
3%
Croatia
2%
Czech Republic
2%
England
5%
France
11%
Germany
29%
Hungary
2%
Iceland
2%
Ireland
No votes
Italy
6%
Northern Ireland
No votes
Poland
2%
Portugal
6%
Romania
No votes
Russia
2%
Slovakia
No votes
Spain
15%
Sweden
3%
Switzerland
2%
Turkey
3%
Ukraine
No votes
Wales
6%

Total votes: 66

Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Re: [POLL] Euro 2016

Post by Dolan »

umeu wrote:lol overrated... hes the main reason they were there in the first place. Sure rui patricio and pepe did a good job at defending and making sure that they didnt concede, but he showed his class when it was needed. and its just really sad he got knocked out. You can hate his character all you want, but there is no denying his football talent.

he basically played this entire tournament injured and fatigued, he still carried his team with his goals as he did for madrid.

There can be no denying that Ronaldo is very good, both talented and hard-working player. Portugal did get to the finals thanks to him too. But they didn't win the finals thanks to him. And it's possible if he stayed on the pitch he wouldn't have done much. Ronaldo at 31 is not the consistent player he was a few years ago. His playstyle changed to adapt to his age. He used to get the ball from defenders and dribble his way up to scoring a goal in the past, now he can't do this anymore. That's why now he has a very different style of playing and scoring, in fact there are two:

1. playing as a winger close to the box and waiting for a pass, then going in the box and aiming for the goal
2. positioning himself in the box and waiting for a pass from another player

He doesn't run nearly as much as he did in the past.

Yeah, this is the problem with these narcissistic people. In a way, there are similarities between Ronaldo and Mancl. It's a common trait for narcissists to try to be the best at something and to want to be admired and worshipped. Too bad that people don't realise this is a maladaptive way of relating to other people and they just feed this narcissism with their worship. Narcissists need to learn humility, need to learn how to be like other people, among them, to live like anonymous people, not feeling better than anyone else, just maybe better at what they do best. For narcissists, this is different, they take that skill which makes them the best at something and shape their personality around this belief that they are better than everyone else. It's just a maladaptive way of relating to other people, that's all. You need to learn how to be humble and close to other people, even if you're the best at something. Narcissists can't do that, their whole personality is built around elevating themselves above the others, treating them like minions and fans at best.

Ronaldo has everything anyone would ever want: money, fame, some of the best stats in the history of football. But he wants more and more to feed his ego, just like any other narcissist.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Why do I feel like you take any opportunity, no matter how small, to kick Mancl in the balls? Everyone on this forums knows your opinion about him so let's act like adults now and stop.....
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

I dont worship ronaldo, and its obvious how his age and muscle building changed his play. Ive never been a big ronaldo fan either, ive always preferred ronaldinho and then messi. But i just cant stand the way people become so petty er his character and then begrudge him success which has been hardfought and well deserved. So many people wanted to see him fail, wanted to see him cry, and im sure that there are even a few who were laughing at him sas he was carried off the field. Thats something i just cant fathom. Ive spoken with a friend about this who likes a rival team, and he was happy ajax lost the championship, and i asked him why on earth would that make you happy? Feyenoord still didnt win. He asked me if feyenoord losing didnt make me happy, and I said it doesnt, except if they lose to ajax, or it if them losing puts Ajax in a better position to win the title. But if Ajax could never win the title, i couldnt care less who wins the national league. I understand cheering for your own team, but begrudging another the loss, i dont see the point. I dont like ronaldos attitude either, but i always want to see him play his best, and i wouldnt have minded at all if he had scored a winning goal in the finals. It wouldve been sad if messi and ronaldo both bowed out after another lost finals.

Like your POV i can understand a little, now the portuguese success isnt just going down in the books as ronaldos success, but im quite sure that even if he had scored the winning goal, then rui patricio's, nani's, renato sanchez, and mostly pepe's performance throughout the tournament would not have gone unnoticed.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Watching people cheer as a hurt player taken off the court or pitch is something I just cannot understand. The players I hate the most I boo when they make a good play and cheer when they screw up, but I would never wish personal harm on them, even if it meant my team winning the championship. I mean I'm a die hard sports fan to the point where I've gotten physically ill because of sports happenings, but at the end of the day it's just a game, and the players are just people. Even if they are assholes, there are assholes everywhere, athletes just happen to have a bigger podium to be an asshole on.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

@umeu
I don't hold any grudge to Ronaldo's success, it's obvious he worked hard and had a lot of talent to get there. But I can't understand all the drama, the dude just starts crying everytime he has to get off the pitch, because he got injured. Not because of his injuries, as much as the fact that he can't stand the idea he won't be able to play, score and break another record, or something. Sure, I like this competitive attitude, but seriously man the fuck up and stop crying.

@gibson
I don't really care what Mancl does, I'm past that phase. I don't have anything personal against him anymore. I just found the similarities very significant. I could add other people in there: Hillary Clinton, another narcissist, the daughter of a diplomat I used to know once who was also very distant/ironic/opulent. Mancl just came up because of his recent ragequit from the site, that's all. Couldn't help but notice some patterns in the personalities of narcissists.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Dolan wrote:@umeu
I don't hold any grudge to Ronaldo's success, it's obvious he worked hard and had a lot of talent to get there. But I can't understand all the drama, the dude just starts crying everytime he has to get off the pitch, because he got injured. Not because of his injuries, as much as the fact that he can't stand the idea he won't be able to play, score and break another record, or something. Sure, I like this competitive attitude, but seriously man the fuck up and stop crying.

@gibson
I don't really care what Mancl does, I'm past that phase. I don't have anything personal against him anymore. I just found the similarities very significant. I could add other people in there: Hillary Clinton, another narcissist, the daughter of a diplomat I used to know once who was also very distant/ironic/opulent. Mancl just came up because of his recent ragequit from the site, that's all. Couldn't help but notice some patterns in the personalities of narcissists.

I never specifically aimed my post at you i believe. And its just a general sentiment that i know many people have, at worked some people said the same thing as others have said here on the forum. As i said in the previous post, i could understand your post about portugal winning without him a bit. But there is also the other angle, because hes ronaldo everything is scrutinized and judge so much more. He was judged on the dutch tv for standing apart from the team during penalties. But messi did the same a week earlier and nobody talked about it, atleast not here. You are saying you don't understand him crying, but afaik its quite a normal reaction of dissapointment and passion for going off in such a way, and im sure hes not the first, nor will be the last to respond like that. I also faintly recall another player crying this tournament because he was injured badly and his tournament was over. But perhaps that was for something else.

Im also pretty sure i'd have the same reaction. because having worked towards such a moment for your entire carreer, and then have it snatched away from you in the last moment, i'm quite sure there are few people who have a passion for what they do that would not cry.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

Both Ronaldo and Messi are slightly overrated.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Mimsy for President wrote:Both Ronaldo and Messi are slightly overrated.
i think dj igit is slightly overrated.
Jaeger

gibson wrote:
Mimsy for President wrote:Both Ronaldo and Messi are slightly overrated.
i think dj igit is slightly overrated.
He's the best DJ in the world, moron.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America Mvp618
Skirmisher
ESO: Mvp618

Post by Mvp618 »

gibson wrote:
Mvp618 wrote:
umeu wrote:lol overrated... hes the main reason they were there in the first place. Sure rui patricio and pepe did a good job at defending and making sure that they didnt concede, but he showed his class when it was needed. and its just really sad he got knocked out. You can hate his character all you want, but there is no denying his football talent.

he basically played this entire tournament injured and fatigued, he still carried his team with his goals as he did for madrid.

Saying someone is overrated is not the same as saying someone is not good. I think he is a great player, people just tend to think he is a bit better than he is. A great example of this is that Portugal did not need him to win. His play in some games were impressive, while others not so much. Sure, he is a top player but not as good as others, including himself, tend to think he is.

This post is a incredible display of ignorance of not only soccer, but sports in general.

Your belief that someones opinion is "ignorant" is probably the most ignorant thing Iv'e read. Thanks for making me slightly more aware of how dumb people can truly be.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

[Redacted]
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Dolan wrote:@umeu

How do you know, did he say that? I think disliking a person just cause of some bold assumptions you make without having any proof is very stupid.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Honestly I thought he was okish leaving the field, cause this way he wouldn't be part ofan expected loss. Then you can see him all over the place to get the camera attention when his team is actually winning.
To me every CR move has a good part of marketing behind it.
Image Image Image
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Nice way of respecting your coach.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udl4NNyYQaU[/video]
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Lukas_L99 wrote:How do you know, did he say that? I think disliking a person just cause of some bold assumptions you make without having any proof is very stupid.

Just do a search for "Ronaldo crying" on youtube and see if he cries because of injuries or is this a recurring pattern in his behaviour?
I don't hate the player, I don't like the narcissistic and drama-boy character that he has.
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

@sergyou <3
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

Dolan wrote:

There can be no denying that Ronaldo is very good, both talented and hard-working player. Portugal did get to the finals thanks to him too. But they didn't win the finals thanks to him. And it's possible if he stayed on the pitch he wouldn't have done much. Ronaldo at 31 is not the consistent player he was a few years ago. His playstyle changed to adapt to his age. He used to get the ball from defenders and dribble his way up to scoring a goal in the past, now he can't do this anymore. That's why now he has a very different style of playing and scoring, in fact there are two:

1. playing as a winger close to the box and waiting for a pass, then going in the box and aiming for the goal
2. positioning himself in the box and waiting for a pass from another player

He doesn't run nearly as much as he did in the past.

Yeah, this is the problem with these narcissistic people. In a way, there are similarities between Ronaldo and Mancl. It's a common trait for narcissists to try to be the best at something and to want to be admired and worshipped. Too bad that people don't realise this is a maladaptive way of relating to other people and they just feed this narcissism with their worship. Narcissists need to learn humility, need to learn how to be like other people, among them, to live like anonymous people, not feeling better than anyone else, just maybe better at what they do best. For narcissists, this is different, they take that skill which makes them the best at something and shape their personality around this belief that they are better than everyone else. It's just a maladaptive way of relating to other people, that's all. You need to learn how to be humble and close to other people, even if you're the best at something. Narcissists can't do that, their whole personality is built around elevating themselves above the others, treating them like minions and fans at best.

Ronaldo has everything anyone would ever want: money, fame, some of the best stats in the history of football. But he wants more and more to feed his ego, just like any other narcissist.

lol hes the best anyway
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Dolan wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:How do you know, did he say that? I think disliking a person just cause of some bold assumptions you make without having any proof is very stupid.

Just do a search for "Ronaldo crying" on youtube and see if he cries because of injuries or is this a recurring pattern in his behaviour?
I don't hate the player, I don't like the narcissistic and drama-boy character that he has.

That's just observing his behaviour and you're interpreting a lot
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Why is he crying so much then? Can you show me another player who cries so much on the pitch? Does Messi cry so much? Bale? I don't know, I find it ridiculous for a guy to cry so much.
Portugal sergyou
Lancer

Post by sergyou »

why is he crying so much ? because of the passion he has to the sport and to his own country , did u play football cuz if so u would know why he started to cry or why he crys when he gets injured in very important matches . @Dolan the video u posted above has abslutely nothing wrong.
Jaeger

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yzyf2F_Lm-E[/video]
Portugal sergyou
Lancer

Post by sergyou »

Mimsy for President wrote:
sergyou wrote:
Mimsy for President wrote:If you replace Sagna with a decent player, France wins the next World Cup.

U sir def know shit about football .
Says a guy who has never played it irl?

i played football for 10 years so yes i know about football. "france will rek portugal u said "

u are saying that u need to replace sagna , what did sagna do wrong in this game abs nothing both nani and quaresma couldn't go past him so i don't see a reason of why u need to replace him. what deschamps should have done since france had total mid control was to advance pogba in the field to suport griezmann a litle more and matuidi would play defensive mid ( our mid was getting crushed by sissoko and pogba ).
Portugal sergyou
Lancer

Post by sergyou »

Mimsy for President wrote:[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yzyf2F_Lm-E[/video]

that must have hurted adrien alot for sure !