Alcohol needs to be banned

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
France iNcog
Ninja

Alcohol needs to be banned

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France iNcog
Ninja

Re: Alcohol needs to be banned

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

As a teenager, who HATES alcohol, promises to never even touch it, here is my view

I would say, it doesn't really matter if alcohol will be banned or not.

It's completely upon people whether they choose to die or to live.

They should choose to be anti-alcoholic if they are smart enough.

Whoever consume alcohol do know that it can be harmful for their physical and mental health. It's their own fault that even after knowing it sucks, they consume it and get attached to it more than anything else in the world.
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Netherlands irr3alist
Dragoon
Donator 05

Post by irr3alist »

Alcohol serves an important cultural role in our society. Take that away and you should brace yourself for severe drug abuse.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

Guns, tobacco and alcohol can help cleanse humanity.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

iNcog wrote:But if we ban alcohol, then it is objectively true that LESS people will consume it. This will lead to LESS death and LESS violence.

This point can't even be argued. That is why there is no objective reason to not ban alcohol.

195 000 people is no joke. 77 000 is not a joke either. That's an incredibly high number, too high that we, as a society can really accept.

Actually, you are seeing only one side of the argument here. There most definitely is an objective reason not to ban alcohol: it offers such great pleasure to such a great amount of its consumers that one might argue that the adverse effects are tolerable in comparison. For what it's worth it would seem the societal norm, at least in "the west", does argue so.

The objective reason not to ban guns on the other hand is a far more flimsy one...
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

iNcog wrote:But if we ban alcohol, then it is objectively true that LESS people will consume it

No it's not. Compare Netherlands and France about weed, you will see that a higher percentage of people smoke weed in France, yet it isn't legal here. So this argument doesn't work here.
It works for guns though, since we already know that there are more killings in countries where guns are allowed than in those were guns are forbidden.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

iNcog wrote:In this thread I shall make sure that everyone realizes just how dangerous alcohol is to our society. It's absolutely unacceptable that even a SINGLE person dies due to alcoholism.

i totally agree.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

iNcog wrote:But if we ban alcohol, then it is objectively true that LESS people will consume it. This will lead to LESS death and LESS violence.

This point can't even be argued. That is why there is no objective reason to not ban alcohol.

195 000 people is no joke. 77 000 is not a joke either. That's an incredibly high number, too high that we, as a society can really accept.

ever heard of prohibition?

but nice alcohol gun comparison here, y'all are a bunch of hypocrites.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

+1
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

Say NO to alcohol
Switzerland glorious_
Dragoon
ESO: Revan

Post by glorious_ »

lol u can't see this black and white srsly. If u ban alcohol it will be produced illegal which makes the alcohol itself worse (see drugs) and more people are likely to die of it. Because people won't just stop drinking it if its illegal. Furthermore will decrease a ban the goverments tax income...
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

iNcog wrote:
zoom wrote:

Actually, you are seeing only one side of the argument here. There most definitely is an objective reason not to ban alcohol: it offers such great pleasure to such a great amount of its consumers that one might argue that the adverse effects are tolerable in comparison. For what it's worth it would seem the societal norm, at least in "the west", does argue so.

The objective reason not to ban guns on the other hand is a far more flimsy one...

What the fucking fucker fuck. I'm not talking about firearms, I am talking about alcohol.

it offers such great pleasure to such a great amount of its consumers that one might argue that the adverse effects are tolerable in comparison.

How do you define "tolerable" ? Lol people are dying and that's OK to you? it's not JUST people, it's others who are put in danger as well. drunk driving, domestic abuse? those are just myths?

Again, you are unable to appreciate the other side of the argument. It's particularly ironic because it is not my side of the argument – I am not trying to argue in favor of anything, only help give perspective.

First of all, I know you are not talking about firearms. I did not mean to imply you were, nor is it of any relevance to my point even if I did. You did seem to exercise (involuntarily I believe) the fact that I mentioned firearms as a means of dismissing my point somewhat.

I don't define tolerable. I also don't know what I think in this matter and it's irrelevant to what I am saying in the first place. I'm only trying to point out that apparently the societal norm is to tolerate the adverse effects of alcohol. As much as you may disagree with this, surely you can see it.
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

iNcog makes a troll thread. :roll:
Top quality poster.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

I agree.
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

Food (e.g obesity), sports, cars etc. kill ppl, too.
Should we ban all of these things as well?
r]
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

Im confused by your troll
r]