Alcohol needs to be banned

Place open for new posts ā€” threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Re: Alcohol needs to be banned

Post by Dolan »

Maybe banning alcohol wouldn't be enough, imo.

We need to enforce compulsory practice of sports by the masses, like in North Korea.

Everyone should lead a healthy lifestyle by law requirement. No alcohol, no drugs, lots of sports and everyone must drink only water. Hitler would have liked that, imo. Anything else would be degeneracy, basically the current state of the West.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

iNcog wrote:I am not saying we should copy all of what yemen does: just the part about alcohol. o_o

Anyway, as I'm sure you've realized by now, you and others have decided to chalk up my grandfather under the "tolerable loss".

Please tell me, when does death and harm become a "tolerable" trade-off and when is it not tolerable? What is the threshold. This is the same question which is basically asked in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=6590

I think that the consensus which all you drunken bastards have at this point is that there is some (strange) concept of "X amount of death is OK, Y amount is not". Where is the threshold?

Why is it OK that my sister dies if she's hit by a drunk driver? How many of my sisters need to die before it's no longer OK?

In practice it turns out living involves the risk of dying. Thats a risk many people are willing to take to be able to also enjoy life.
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

If people are stupid enough to consume alcohol while knowing that it's bad for them, then they deserve what comes to them. There is no cure for idiocy, and if there was, we wouldn't have problems in society.

Banning isn't the solution though, just legalize drugs and shit and tax the crap out of it. More money for govt, less incentive to buy said products.

Also, prohibition has been tried and failed in the united states, which means it may not work elsewhere either; but then again, Europe is different so it may work there idk.
Error 404: Signature not found
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Banning isn't the solution though, just legalize drugs and shit and tax the crap out of it.

Taxing the crap out of alcohol is pretty much what Norwegian government are doing. And there are a lot of restrictions as well. The government has a monopoly to sell wine and spirit - more than 4,7 vat alcohol. You have to go to special stores to buy wine and spirits. I enjoy more liberal alcohol politics when I travel abroad - but I appreciate a more restrictive alcohol politics at home.

I think many countries could do well with more restrictions :roll:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

but it makes u feel good : >
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
No Flag Magnam
Musketeer

Post by Magnam »

noissance wrote:Banning isn't the solution though, just legalize drugs and shit and tax the crap out of it. More money for govt, less incentive to buy said products.

People would just continiue to buy drugs etc. in the streets if u tax the crap out of it...

Tbh. for me a life without alcohol would be pretty boring. So many awesome moments, stories etc. happen when u go out and drink with your boys!
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

People would just continiue to buy drugs etc. in the streets if u tax the crap out of it...

Most ppl will not support organized crime though - but if the tax are to high you will get a black marked. And we have a black marked in Norway - but I dont think its very big.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

Why should people be penalized for drinking? In moderation, unlike other drugs, it does no harm to you whatsoever. It's not particularly addictive (takes a long time to get hooked) either. The only time it is an issue is when some use it to excess. And the majority of responsible drinkers should not be penalized for the crimes of the few.

It is not the governments job to dictate morality to its citizens.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

I'd be sad if alcohol were to be prohibited. It has had a very positive role in my life actually. Lots of fun and Im blessed with a good drunk personality. Some people get aggressive, but for me alcohol literally sucks out every bit of venom or spice I have. The notion that alcohol turns people into aggressive people that just want to fight or sth is completely wrong for me, and actually the same for almost all my friends.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

though I dont like to pay more than you do in EU or USA - I still would support a more restrictive alcohol policy - like we have in Norway and Sweden. Prohibition is not the answer - but alcohol needs to be regulated. And that is my final judgement! lol - over and out :flowers:
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Papist wrote:Why should people be penalized for drinking? In moderation, unlike other drugs, it does no harm to you whatsoever. It's not particularly addictive (takes a long time to get hooked) either. The only time it is an issue is when some use it to excess. And the majority of responsible drinkers should not be penalized for the crimes of the few.

Actually it does tons of harm to you, even in moderation (the same, proportionately). As much as I don't otherwise disagree with you, please refrain from making such rash claims without a foundation for them.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

:huh: @zoom dawn you killed the tread/discussion :huh:
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

zoom wrote:
Papist wrote:Why should people be penalized for drinking? In moderation, unlike other drugs, it does no harm to you whatsoever. It's not particularly addictive (takes a long time to get hooked) either. The only time it is an issue is when some use it to excess. And the majority of responsible drinkers should not be penalized for the crimes of the few.

Actually it does tons of harm to you, even in moderation (the same, proportionately). As much as I don't otherwise disagree with you, please refrain from making such rash claims without a foundation for them.

One glass of wine per day has a positive effect on life expectancy.
Thats a fact.
United States of America HeatitUP_
Lancer

Post by HeatitUP_ »

My thread gets banned but this one doesn't? wtf lol
All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me - consciously or unconsciously. That's to be expected. - Donald Trump
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

@iNcog so much for your utopian "freedom above all" ideals?
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: ķŒ€ ķ•˜ģš°ģŠ¤

Post by n0el »

In honor of this thread I'm getting plastered and streaming thursday or Friday night
mad cuz bad
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

n0eL wrote:In honor of this thread I'm getting plastered and streaming thursday or Friday night

nice - :santa:
Lancer

Post by HeatitUP_ »

n0eL wrote:In honor of this thread I'm getting plastered and streaming thursday or Friday night

In honor of my thread you gotta jack off on the stream also.

The communists locked it. viewtopic.php?p=145635#p145635
All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me - consciously or unconsciously. That's to be expected. - Donald Trump
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Jerom wrote:
zoom wrote:

One glass of wine per day has a positive effect on life expectancy.
Thats a fact.

Its a fact bought and brought to you by the great alcohol producers.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Jokes on them I'll drink 3 bottles a day and become immortal
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

How is the joke on them then? They are making a shitton of money off of you
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I guess it was a bad joke
United States of America Mvp618
Skirmisher
ESO: Mvp618

Post by Mvp618 »

Jokes on the grapes, the countless number of grapes that had their lives sacrificed for your wine consumption!
Lancer

Post by HeatitUP_ »

Just stick to drinking microbrew beers and wine from good wineries. Don't buy cheap shit and also don't drink often either.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

deleted_user wrote:I guess it was a bad joke
At least it was on them