Five police SHOT DEAD by snipers in Dallas

Place open for new posts โ€” threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Re: Five police SHOT DEAD by snipers in Dallas

Post by forgrin »

I don't see how this is about gun control. Considering how premeditated it was, and the weapon used (likely a semi-auto or bolt action rifle from what I can tell in witness reports) the weapons likely would have been legally acquired in just about any country, including those with strict gun control. If the shooters already had gun licences then this would have been a simple task to get these weapons. It has nothing to do with the guns used and so much more to do with the sick motivation behind it.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: ํŒ€ ํ•˜์šฐ์Šค

Post by n0el »

@iNcog im sure the motivation is terror and it is going to be disguised as retaliation for the two police killings this week. However to me this seems just like an oppurtunity that was granted to the shooters and it likely was planned more in advance then when those killings happened.
mad cuz bad
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

iNcog wrote:I'm very curious as to the motivations of the shooters.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLpJWrvDqxw[/video]
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

forgrin wrote:I don't see how this is about gun control. Considering how premeditated it was, and the weapon used (likely a semi-auto or bolt action rifle from what I can tell in witness reports) the weapons likely would have been legally acquired in just about any country, including those with strict gun control. If the shooters already had gun licences then this would have been a simple task to get these weapons. It has nothing to do with the guns used and so much more to do with the sick motivation behind it.

If the nation had regulation that does not say "automatic firearms for all!" acquiring the weapons legally would be a lot fucking harder. There is a very solid correlation between the amount of firearms and the amount of firearms being fired.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

The reason for the protests was caused by their guns laws.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: โ†‘
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

Technically fully auto are allowed @iNcog but who would need one when a semi auto does pretty much the same thing
mad cuz bad
United States of America Mvp618
Skirmisher
ESO: Mvp618

Post by Mvp618 »

Method_man714 wrote:
iNcog wrote:
Method_man714 wrote:I find it hard to feel sorry for American police

why?

do you literally think that literally every American cop is scum who deserves to be shot? lol

what's with people today and the complete lack of empathy

No I don't think that at all, there is a certain amount of people you can kill for no reason before you threaten and victimise a group into taking action, the very fact that most police who take innocent lives go unpunished, is enough to force family members for example, into seeking their own justice

You Sir, are a piece of shit. The police officers killed likely had nothing to do with the taking of any of these so called "innocent" lives you speak of. This is not a form of justice, you are just retarded.
United States of America Mvp618
Skirmisher
ESO: Mvp618

Post by Mvp618 »

n0eL wrote:Technically fully auto are allowed @iNcog but who would need one when a semi auto does pretty much the same thing

This is something that bothers me about the media. They ask for guns to be made semi automatic with smaller magazine sizes. This does nothing, and does not reduce the killing capability of weapons. Instead, we need to make the guns harder to obtain/purchase.
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

all that coz everyone can have a gun
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

zoom wrote:
forgrin wrote:I don't see how this is about gun control. Considering how premeditated it was, and the weapon used (likely a semi-auto or bolt action rifle from what I can tell in witness reports) the weapons likely would have been legally acquired in just about any country, including those with strict gun control. If the shooters already had gun licences then this would have been a simple task to get these weapons. It has nothing to do with the guns used and so much more to do with the sick motivation behind it.

If the nation had regulation that does not say "automatic firearms for all!" acquiring the weapons legally would be a lot fucking harder. There is a very solid correlation between the amount of firearms and the amount of firearms being fired.

I was curious about your response so I looked some stuff up. Apparently you don't need a gun licence to buy a gun in alot of states. This is baffling as a Canadian where you have to get a gun licence to even possess a firearm that is a family heirloom. What I was saying is that the weapons used weren't restricted ones, they could have easily been legally purchased in Canada providing the shooters had a licence first.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
United States of America rickytickitembo
Dragoon
ESO: RickyTickiTembo

Post by rickytickitembo »

The thing is most people want more gun control but NRA has too much power with their lobbyists. Pretty sad. Also, from what I've seen the shooter was an ex-military guy so I'm pretty sure it would have been easy to get the firearms anyway.
My favorite donut is chocolate Aiz.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

iNcog wrote:
n0eL wrote:There's more "legal" guns in America people. The majority of the American Congress refused to even vote on whether people on the no fly list should be able to buy a gun (currently they can). Obv there's a problem and it will not be addressed unless there's widespread change.

Agreed but can we please stay on topic?

I know, that's rich coming from me, but this is an interesting topic and gun control has already been discussed to death.

I'm very curious as to the motivations of the shooters.

There were at least 2 snipers, it was completely planned. That should tell you someting.

It tells me that some people decided to pick up some bolt-actions from their local Walmart, and a few hours later were shooting up police officers downtown.
Top quality poster.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

iNcog wrote: it's firearms which are the problem and the ingrained and ridiculous racial / societal issues which are present in the USA have absolutely no bearing on gun violence in the USA. NONE WHATSOEVER

The USA is the most racially diverse and tolerant society on the planet. That's where political correctness and affirmative action policies came into being. This is being pushed to such an extent that you have a better chance at getting a certain job in a public institution if you are black.

Private companies also promote racial diversity everywhere they can. Here's an example how far USA companies go to promote racial tolerance:
Compare the actual picture of the NASA event and how Google rendered the same scene on their search page.
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

@iNcog you can only have an older than 1989? or something fully auto. can't buy new makes or convert semi to full. its random as shit.
mad cuz bad
Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon
ESO: CelticCrusader

Post by CelticCrusader »

Really sad events. Killing police officers who were probably good family men. I know there have been many recent killings by white officers on black men, which is disgusting. But killing at random like this is senseless. Gun control would not stop this type of crimes because criminals will still get guns illegally. Here in the UK guns are heavily controlled, you can own a shotgun or rifle legally but need a licence and they come to check how you store your gun. No chance getting guns here if you have a criminal record but there are still illegal guns that are relatively easy to access. And criminals still kill people here. The whole situation in USA is totally out of control though, I mean why the hell on earth would you sell high powered rifles and assault rifles ? Still if I lived in the states I would definitely want a gun for protection for me and my family.
Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon
ESO: CelticCrusader

Post by CelticCrusader »

I watched this video last week and its worth the watch. EX cop telling you how it is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hsq39BVQuzY
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

So, @iNcog , why aren't you protesting over the killing of an innocent blackman (Philando Castile) by the police

NSFW (contains some scenes with a wounded man losing blood):
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UPo91Sf-rk[/video]

Or was that case with the chick who had a cat more tragic than this case of police abuse? (because she had a picture with a cat, so you empathised more with people who had pets)

This guy wasn't even a criminal and he got shot by an overzealous police officer, who probably got scared when he heard he had a firearm and tried to reach for his back pocket to show him his license. It was probably a bad choice to mention the firearm and reach for the back pocket, though. Still, 4 bullets into someone who didn't even have a gun in his hand is clearly not just an attempt to imobilise or deter someone from reaching a back pocket.

I don't know but, again, what do we see here? A police officer overreacting over the possibility of getting shot, because why? Because ordinary citizens may carry weapons. If ordinary citizens had no right to carry weapons, this guy would have never been shot. They also had some weed in the car, as his girlfriend said.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

This board is at its worst in political/social discussions.