Why u should not gg someone who is using Otto or Iro

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
Italy arcangelusregis
Skirmisher

Re: Why u should not gg someone who is using Otto or Iro

Post by arcangelusregis »

zoom wrote:
arcangelusregis wrote:and the worst ones are the ones who gg u when they know they have won but u haven' t resigned yet...

... and the best ones are the ones who "gg" when they don't know they have won but don't resign.
lol
One day i'll be Colonel, you will play with me, and you'll lose
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I like gging as some sort of sign that you are thankful that the other players wanted to play with you so that both of you could have fun. Its basically a simplified thanks for the game which is easier to say when enraged by a loss.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Jerom wrote:I like gging as some sort of sign that you are thankful that the other players wanted to play with you so that both of you could have fun. Its basically a simplified thanks for the game which is easier to say when enraged by a loss.

I just interpret it as a sign that everybody is ok with the result, admits defeat/victory, and nobody is raging.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

I also gg while raging so is fine.
No Flag hunter
Dragoon

Post by hunter »

"gg as already stated stands for "good game" so if you think the game was good say it if not don't regardless of the mu, result etc. I don't think it's rude to not say or return it. I also don't think it's rude if you win and say gg first. Although what I make sure every game is to say "wp" (well played) regardless of the result. If I win it's just appreciating the other player for effort he put it and if he wins for the obvious reasons.
Jerom wrote: Garja is a better player than most of us here
Jerom wrote:Please don't bump old threads, especially when all you have to say is "lol"
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

Yeah I still get a little annoyed when winners gg first but I stopped caring as much because I realized that lots of people do it and clearly their views on it differ from mine, and they're not gonna stop doing it just because in my opinion it's kind of rude.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
No Flag purplesquid
Dragoon
Donator 03

Post by purplesquid »

I personally say gg after every game regardless of winning or loosing. I just think it is the polite thing to do like lining up and shaking hands after a hockey game.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

purplesquid wrote:I personally say gg after every game regardless of winning or loosing. I just think it is the polite thing to do like lining up and shaking hands after a hockey game.

exactly, don't take it so literal that you can say it after a good game, a comparison with a handshake is very true

the worst case in which ,,gg" is used is when you haven't lost yet and the opponent insist that it's already finished because he's too good --- I once played against a Brit on Saguenay and he did that lame water build, after 30 minutes he said ,,gg?" when I still stood some chances, but at that moment I raged, lost eventually, unfortunately, in the aftermath I insulted and pested him
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

i seldom say gg lol
but i dont think using iro/otto is a crime. you can pick iro otto too, and on RE shitty maps india/japan are strong too.
Italy arcangelusregis
Skirmisher

Couprider wrote:i seldom say gg lol
but i dont think using iro/otto is a crime. you can pick iro otto too, and on RE shitty maps india/japan are strong too.

i don t like playing otto and i don t think i should change civ cause someone wanna use an OP civ :)
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

arcangelusregis wrote:

i don t like playing otto and i don t think i should change civ cause someone wanna use an OP civ :)

as i said, on RE maps civs like india/japan/sioux are not afraid of ottoman imo.
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

Couprider wrote:
arcangelusregis wrote:

as i said, on RE maps civs like india/japan/sioux are not afraid of ottoman imo.

japan not afraid of otto lol ???
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Couprider wrote:
arcangelusregis wrote:

india japan are afraid lol
Italy arcangelusregis
Skirmisher

Couprider wrote:
arcangelusregis wrote:

one word: abus... if jans( they are the hardest army to micro) don t work abus and gg.. do i have to say spahi too ? if i play with people with like 5 or less pr than me i like the challenge since i can still do it .. but still it's an unfair MU .. it s like playing chess without knights
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

If you dont want to say gg for some reason then thank the other player for the game instead.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

the silence sometimes is awkward, you dont even know whether your opponent left or not, it sucks hard, even in AoC a notification is shown once a player leaves the game
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.