Best single player games?

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

shaolinstar wrote:@umeu MTW1 ? RTW ? Sound like japanese motorcycle models.

Have you played the new expansion Attila ? Actually I watch Vikings (History channel) and since there are vikings in this expansion I was wondering if the Total War serie was any good and not too hard. My friends highly recommended it but I''ve never played so far.

ye its good and not too hard i think. atleast they get easier every release. i think the last ones are shit. i didnt play Shogun2, which was supposed to be good. Shogun1, Medieval1, Rome1 and Medieval2 are the best ones i guess. Empire was a nice idea but full of bugs, napoleon was too small really, more like a expension of Empire. Rome2 was a total fuckup. Didnt even look at attilla. i dont care anymore. they killed that series by now. its sad :( it was my favorite
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

umeu wrote:
shaolinstar wrote:
ye its good and not too hard i think. atleast they get easier every release. i think the last ones are shit. i didnt play Shogun2, which was supposed to be good. Shogun1, Medieval1, Rome1 and Medieval2 are the best ones i guess. Empire was a nice idea but full of bugs, napoleon was too small really, more like a expension of Empire. Rome2 was a total fuckup. Didnt even look at attilla. i dont care anymore. they killed that series by now. its sad :( it was my favorite
All right. I will start with Rome I then. (downloading at the moment) :evilgrin:
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

you should get the europa barbarorum modification. thats rome how it should have been :P

although i guess its not for everyone. its alot slower paced in both campaign and battles, mostly the fights are sieges (which is more historical than the fast pitched battles of rome, but also a bit more boring after the campaign goes long). Because of this the battles are more tactical and if you like history though, than that is the mod to play.
Jaeger

Should I start directly with the mod or just nilla ?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

depends. i think the mod has alot more depth. but its also harder to play, which means that if you like a challenge, than it will be super fun to find out how to play the game. but maybe if you are new to the series, its has a steep learning curve. i dont know because i had played 3 tws before that, so i already knew all the basics.

so i would say, if you like history and more historic approach of a game, then play the mod. if you like more arcade game with a historic veneer, than play vanilla.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

umeu wrote:
calmyourtits wrote::O Did you play MTW multiplayer? It was what I played from 2001 to 2005. Tight community, and such a great game. I still think its the most strategically deep RTS Ive played so far.
i never played it multiplayer. only singleplayer. i do know alot of the guys that played multi tho. ye it was such a great game. it still is, i would play it if it doesnt bug up so much on newer windows.
Yeah I remember getting on near the end and seeing 5 people online on a saturday. It died slowly but surely :(
Who do you know? I should know them too. Heard of Don clan?
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

Starcraft.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

Apparently a bunch of people are mad because witcher 3's graphics were dumbed down so the game could run better on consoles.
Jaeger

Yeah and AMD customers are screwed because it's optimized for nvida GPUs. But the studio has released a new patch, I haven't downloaded it yet though. Playing with 30 fps hurts...
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Idc about graphics if the gameplay is good. But ye witcher 2 looked pretty stunning so i guess some ppl got high standards
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Switzerland glorious_
Dragoon
ESO: Revan

Post by glorious_ »

skyrim ofc
No Flag cupofcoffee
Crossbow

Post by cupofcoffee »

Dead Space 2. Hands down.

Next question.
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

shaolinstar wrote:Yeah and AMD customers are screwed because it''s optimized for nvida GPUs. But the studio has released a new patch, I haven''t downloaded it yet though. Playing with 30 fps hurts...

I have to play with 30 fps all the time or else my laptop heats up like crazy
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

How about Dark souls? I love the challenge, replayability and good lore in it (if you are going to play it, Id suggest ds1 over ds2).
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

incog wrote:I''ve heard that DS is a very hard game series, been looking to get into that maybe.
You need to buy at least 2 back up controllers, because you are very likely to rage and destroy one :)

But seriously, it''s a very rewarding game. The first time I played it, I died so many times that it isnt even funny anymore. But every time you die, you know what you did wrong and you will learn, untill you eventually become really good at the game. It''s just very rewarding, while being really challenging.

Also the combat system is really cool. I really can''t play skyrim anymore because its combat sucks so much compared to dark souls.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

incog wrote:Can''t you keyboard and mouse dat shit?

yeah i heard DS has a good combat system. timed dodges are essential and you can''t over do it because you lose stamina
Yeah you can use keyboard and mouse, but I do prefer the controller. Though keyboard and mouse is fine aswell.

And yeah timed dodges are essential. Mostly because getting hit is actually a big deal. Even simple enemies will hit you for like 30% of your hitpoints and you can only replentisch them five times, without respawning all the enemies. So if you can''t consistently avoid damage, you won''t be able to complete an area and its boss.
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Post by Durokan »

Kotor 2 + restored content mod
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Yea KOTOR 1+2 were pretty great. Really like the story rich turn based rpg jazz or what ever that genre is called.

It makes a nice contrast to RTS where you don't have to click madly in fights to win and can go through at your own pace.
No Flag johaggis
Crossbow

Post by johaggis »

In the middle of The Witcher 3. Game's pretty boss
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
Jaeger

Star Wars KOTOR