Frozen

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Frozen

Post by Goodspeed »

incog wrote:because it''s legitimate to be punched in the face because you called someone an asshole?
You predictably missed my point. It''s not, that''s why it''s against the law. The point is that you were free to say whatever you want, and you''re not responsible for any overreactions but they still might occur. That doesn''t mean freedom of speech is an illusion.
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Frozen

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

I once heard somewhere that studies have been conducted on US politics showing that the amount of money candidates receive to fund their campaign doesn't noticeably increase their chances of winning an election.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Frozen

Post by gibson »

frycookofdoom wrote:I once heard somewhere that studies have been conducted on US politics showing that the amount of money candidates receive to fund their campaign doesn''t noticeably increase their chances of winning an election.
No

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the ... ure-wrong/

The idea that your vote has any affect on elections is horse shit. The outcome of an election is decided well before any voting actually happens.
No Flag divine_moon
Dragoon

Frozen

Post by divine_moon »

frycookofdoom wrote:
incog wrote:not going to lie, but dragon is right about this

a lot of commercials today have a social liberal agenda' because its popular today and being popular is what counts. so you see people being idiots and other idiots who approve of that. then the product comes in and saves the idiots from their idiocy. what a fine world to live in
No, this is blasphemy! Dragon can never be right! NEVEEEEEEEEEEER!!!!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/WraxiGo.gif"]
:thumbsup:
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Frozen

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

gibson wrote:
frycookofdoom wrote:I once heard somewhere that studies have been conducted on US politics showing that the amount of money candidates receive to fund their campaign doesnt noticeably increase their chances of winning an election.
No

The idea that your vote has any affect on elections is horse shit. The outcome of an election is decided well before any voting actually happens.
Well of course your individual vote isnt going to influence anything.

And apparently the relationship between campaign financing and election victory isnt what we would think. The money itself doesnt have much on impact on influencing votes. The reason why winning candidates receive so much funding is because theyre already winning, since businesses and organizations want to be able have leverage with whoevers in power.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Frozen

Post by gibson »

frycookofdoom wrote:
gibson wrote:No

Well of course your individual vote isnt going to influence anything.

And apparently the relationship between campaign financing and election victory isnt what we would think. The money itself doesnt have much on impact on influencing votes. The reason why winning candidates receive so much funding is because theyre already winning, since businesses and organizations want to be able have leverage with whoevers in power.
The money does have an impact. Advertising for one thing. And the more money you have the more votes you can buy imo.
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Frozen

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

gibson wrote:
frycookofdoom wrote:Well of course your individual vote isnt going to influence anything.

The money does have an impact. Advertising for one thing. And the more money you have the more votes you can buy imo.
Yes it does, but not to the extent where you can essentially just buy an election victory by funneling money into your campaign.
No Flag divine_moon
Dragoon

Frozen

Post by divine_moon »

deleted_user wrote:Congratulations on high jacking yet another thread
:7upspot: :happydance:

benj89 wrote:money always win, thats a general rule I assume
this is a valid point tho in most democracies.... (facepalm)

democracy is a rubbish system, rather have a monarchy..... :whistling: (im gonna get flamed for this aint i? )
France iNcog
Ninja

Frozen

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Frozen

Post by Goodspeed »

incog wrote:
calmyourtits wrote:You predictably missed my point. Its not, thats why its against the law. The point is that you were free to say whatever you want, and youre not responsible for any overreactions but they still might occur. That doesnt mean freedom of speech is an illusion.
as dragon said, "hate speech" is illegal. freedom of speech in certain countries, such as France, is an illusion

which is a very bad thing in my books

you should be allowed to discuss anything you want and read whatever you want. its not up for a government crony to decide for you whats good for your little brain and whats not. if your speech is provoking overreactions than the person at fault isnt the one who said stuff, its the idiot who overreacts. he overreacts because hes an idiot.
Yes thats exactly what Im saying. They are in the wrong, and the law is on your side so how does this lead you to believe free speech is an illusion? Its not like the comics were illegal, were they?
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Frozen

Post by Goodspeed »

I don't care I was commenting on this
freedom of speech is an illusion to, look what happens in france
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Frozen

Post by Mimsy for President »

drlegend wrote:But what about that Cameroonian savage who got arrested for anti-Semitism?
[div align="justify"]Neither savage nor anti-Semitic.[/div]
Jaeger

Frozen

Yes really. Can't you diffenrentiate anti-Zionism from anti-Semitism ? You don't know the full story. It started long before 2013 with this skit.

[video src="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvzAnxiHmvA"][/video]

Wow look at these terrorists who applaud at the very end. You just proved you know how to copy/paste. Congratz.
Jaeger

Frozen

[div style="text-align:justify'"]Just to qualify your remarks because Im also able to copy/paste : [/div][div style="text-align:justify'"]
[/div][div style="text-align:justify'"]Dieudonn? initially achieved success with a Jewish comedian, ??lie Semoun, humorously exploiting racial stereotypes. He campaigned against racism and was a candidate in the 1997 and 2001 legislative elections in Dreux against the National Front, the French far-right political party that he perceived as racist.[1][2] On 1 December 2003, Dieudonn? performed a sketch on a TV show about an Israeli settler whom he depicted as a Nazi. Some critics argued that he had "crossed the limits of antisemitism" and several organizations sued him for incitement to racial hatred. Dieudonn? refused to apologize and denounced Zionism and the Jewish lobby.[3][/div]
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Frozen

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

Jews and Zionists are the same thing to anti-Semites
Jaeger

Frozen

Maybe. I assume you know what you are talking about.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Frozen

Post by _venox_ »

how we got from frozen to conspiracy btw?
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

Frozen

Post by _venox_ »

ok this thread too got kidnapped by legend and zoom
Jaeger

Frozen

Where do you see conspiracy ? I admit it's off topic but mind your words. This has nothing to do with conspiracy. Hopefully.
France benj89
Howdah

Frozen

Post by benj89 »

Sadly Dr Legend, you cannot sum up a situation quoting a wikipedia page, things are more complicated in the real world.
Yes, even if Einstein said it, you cannot simplify every situation while there are plenty of factors to consider (historicity would then not make sense, and this is one of the most important factor to take into account in any serious research)
I won't spend time explaining what's really hapenning there simply because I don't have enough time, but please if you don't know abt smtg, don't go copy waste some wikipedia page (that I could have written myself, you know how wikipedia works I hope).

lol and check Jean Jacques Bourdin who just got condemned by the CSA for a certain influence he just cited, while it's an evidence talking about Valls who claimed that his first mission is to fight anti semitism (jesus christ, people don't even know what the word anti semitism mean but I give up for that to :p)
And you actually believe that voters have control on who they elects in the US, so it shows that we don't understand how the world works the same way so it would be wasted time even if I tried to explain you anything politically related

and sorry for the off topic, I haven't watched that movie but I heard mixed stuff about it so I will next week I guess!
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

Frozen

Post by _venox_ »

incog wrote:precisely because the evidence is being kept from us ?

this is just like the god exists bullshit. you don''t have any evidence to disprove that he DOESN''T exist, so he HAS to exist

get real
"You don''t have any evidence to prove that he DOES exist, so he DOESN''T exist." The fuck with your logic man? You sold your logic for the Bible?
If you don''t have proof for either cases then it''s personal preference to believe in (a) god(s) or not. Just make sure your beliefs aren''t contradictory with each other and even then Fallibilism says you can hold on to them because for you they are true.
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Frozen

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

Man is the measure of all things.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

Frozen

Post by _venox_ »

Bullshit.
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Frozen

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

Very insightful.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

Frozen

Post by _venox_ »

True that.