Hello, I guess

Introduce yourself! :flowers:
Bulgaria p3n3tr4c1q
Crossbow
ESO: vaso413

Hello, I guess

Post by p3n3tr4c1q »

So, Age of Empires is an iconic game from my childhood. When I switched PCs about 10 years ago I lost my CD key. Luckily, I saw the game on Steam and immediately bought it. Then I found this profoundly skillful and friendly community that I'd very much like to be a part of. I've got 2 main questions - which way to play is the best (joining random lobbies, hosting, asking sb to play EB, etc.) for me to play the most games and get, hopefully, better, as this is one of the 3 games that I've always been passionate about, the others being Minecraft and Super Mario. Anyways, is there a discord server to bully people into playing with me, or are there enough active players to just host and wait? Is there a way to play with/against better players without pissing everybody off? I have an alright concept of the basics of the game but my micro management is grandma-like.
i am dumbly enthusiastic
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Re: Hello, I guess

Post by Cometk »

Hi Vaso, welcome to the forums! I'm Cometk and I'd love to bash you in a few 1v1s.

Me and @iamturk can teach you some micro tricks for sure.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

https://discord.gg/ppVecV The ESOC discord itself is quite good at finding games just put a message in the find a game chat! Also using XP mod a good place to start.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Hey Vaso and welcome to ESOC.

We have a new Buddy Program. New members are designated a buddy who help them with ESOC, and of course, to improve as a player.

Your buddy is @princeofkabul. His ESO name is the same. Don't hesitate to contact him!

-Somali.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Hai, I guess.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Hi Vaso.

Due to an error in the Buddy Program AI allocation software developed by resident IT staff duck, princeofkabul cannot accept any more Buddies at this time.

I've manually cross referenced our most available, skilled, and welcoming 'Big Buddies' and paired you with @Diarouga (IGN the same). Diarouga will help teach you micro, macro, and build orders. Additionally all our Big Buddies are available for Skype lessons 24/7. If things aren't looking up, Big Buddies are equipped with VPNs to smurf on your account, 'training wheel' tools like map hack to help improve your age 1 scouting patterns, and even performance enhancing UIs to help build up your confidence to be the very best.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me on ESO at "rickybawse" or "jean_ralphio"

Cheers!
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

Hail before Garja the mighty newcomer!
European Union UrvyZnapy
Skirmisher

Post by UrvyZnapy »

deleted_user wrote:Hi Vaso.

Due to an error in the Buddy Program AI allocation software developed by resident IT staff duck, princeofkabul cannot accept any more Buddies at this time.

I've manually cross referenced our most available, skilled, and welcoming 'Big Buddies' and paired you with @Diarouga (IGN the same). Diarouga will help teach you micro, macro, and build orders. Additionally all our Big Buddies are available for Skype lessons 24/7. If things aren't looking up, Big Buddies are equipped with VPNs to smurf on your account, 'training wheel' tools like map hack to help improve your age 1 scouting patterns, and even performance enhancing UIs to help build up your confidence to be the very best.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me on ESO at "rickybawse" or "jean_ralphio"

Cheers!

Lol
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

somppukunkku wrote:Hey Vaso and welcome to ESOC.

We have a new Buddy Program. New members are designated a buddy who help them with ESOC, and of course, to improve as a player.

Your buddy is @princeofkabul. His ESO name is the same. Don't hesitate to contact him!

-Somali.
i think that he maybe is having some issues with his private message, so be sure if he doesn’t answer to keep on messaging him. He’s not ignoring you, it’s just the message probably didn’t go through.
Bulgaria p3n3tr4c1q
Crossbow
ESO: vaso413

Post by p3n3tr4c1q »

I'm in shock at the quick and insightful replies, thank you everyone. I'll be busy with studies for the next couple days, but will keep in touch via Discord (if I can). The Buddies program is the greatest surprise here - allocating one of the top players to lead me by hand is something I'm REALLY looking forward to. I only hope that I can be helpful, even with the slightest thing.
i am dumbly enthusiastic
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

@deleted_user2 look what have you done.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

oh no
Netherlands dietschlander
Lancer

Post by dietschlander »

hey dude, welcome
Theres going to be a dam, the great dam and we'll let the beavers pay for it - Edeholland 2016
Anyway, nuancing isn't your forte, so I'll agree with you like I would with a 8 year old: violence is bad, don't do hard drugs and stay in school Benj98
United States of America Dolphincup
Musketeer
ESO: Dolphincup

Post by Dolphincup »

somebody here is definitely obligated to buddy now :hehe:
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

sup sirmusket
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

princeofkabul wrote:...

Have some mercy now!!!
@deleted_user2

Do something! :cry:
shit juice :hmm:
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Be careful with kabul though, knowing him he tends to cross buddy lines more often than not. Most recent example is he has recently announced his marriage to his long time buddy Somppu.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

princeofcarthage wrote:Be careful with kabul though, knowing him he tends to cross buddy lines more often than not. Most recent example is he has recently announced his marriage to his long time buddy Somppu.

:ohmy:
What have he done to cross the lines?
shit juice :hmm:
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

I'd cross his buddy line all day

but Hazza would get jealous if I did
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

Where's my assigned Big Buddy? I've been waiting for months!
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Kawapasaka wrote:Where's my assigned Big Buddy? I've been waiting for months!

We like to keep things regional for culture reasons. Your Big Buddy is @sirmusket
Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

Post by jgals »

there's a lot to learn in this game. But over time you will learn it. Just dont expect to be really good overnight. We had a guy who started in our clan a few months ago, he was pretty mediocre at first, within a month he was a solid 2nd lt, and now he is supposedly a captain. I dont know. His rank says so, though I'm pretty sure he would still be easy 1v1. But point is. He has learned fast! He is very dedicated. Best thing you can do is read the strategy threads on here, watch the beginner videos about micro and basic mechanics of the game , and if you can befriend on of these really good guys, or bribe the broker motherfuckers of the lot to coach you, then you will git gud fast.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

hello from the Port Said
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

As long as jgals thinks you are "easy 1v1" you might better think to positively about yourself!