Create new account error: Failed to create account

Introduce yourself! :flowers:
Estonia kasparppp
Crossbow
ESO: big_chungus42

Create new account error: Failed to create account

Post by kasparppp »

Hi everyone

I've had AOE Complete Collection for years now (played skirmish) and lately out of nowhere started watching some AOE streams. This seems like a lot of fun and so I wanted to try this gamemode. Unfortunately, during ESO account registration I get an error: Failed to create account... and thats it. I know one account is attached to one key, but I've never played it online, so that can't be the issue. Would be very happy if someone could help me or has some advice.

Thanks in advance.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Re: Create new account error: Failed to create account

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Hello and welcome!

This typically means you are trying to create the account from within an expansion, which doesn't work. You have to launch the base game without expansions (mislabeled as "Complete Collection" on Steam, if that's what you have) and create the account from there. Once it's created, it can be used on the expansion environment as well (which is where most people play; The Asian Dynasties).
Estonia kasparppp
Crossbow
ESO: big_chungus42

Re: Create new account error: Failed to create account

Post by kasparppp »

Thank you for the quick reply. Yes, at first I tried registering through Asian Dynasties. Now I tried through the base game (AOE III) and still have the same error. Is there anything else I could do?