Hi I'm Podawe

Introduce yourself! :flowers:
United States of America Podawe
Musketeer
ESO: Skeeter666

Hi I'm Podawe

Post by Podawe »

Hello ESOC! I am brand new to the community and just wanted to introduce myself :)

The first time I was introduce to AOE3 was in 2006, but I never owned the game and didn't really start playing it until about 2017 when I stumbled upon one of Interjection's terrific tournament casting videos on YouTube one day when I was procrastinating studying for my finals in college. I'm generally not a big gamer but it made me nostalgic so I found the game on Steam and have been playing it casually here and there ever since; mostly on Skirmish mode.

It never even occurred to me that there would even be any multiplayer community left until I convinced a couple of my college buddies to install the game and play online with me. I was shocked that there were still so many people who play this game! I subscribed to Interjection's channel and quickly discovered ESOC! I have been blown away by how much work you have all put in to keep this game from my childhood alive!

Now with the quarantine going on, I've been more active on the game lately (it's pretty much the only video game I play), so it's great to see that there are others like me to play and talk about this old game with. I also like it because it seems that most of us are in our 20s or 30s and I don't have to put up with getting pwned by some 12 year-old like when I play Call of Duty...

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and say thank you guys for everything you've done to build and maintain this community :)
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Re: Hi I'm Podawe

Post by edeholland »

Hey Podawe, welcome to the community! These are good times for AoE3. There are a lot of people online and 'soon' Age of Empires 3: Definitive Edition will be released.

More stuff for you to check out isour YouTube channel, our Twitch channel and our Discord server. We should have streams very regulary these weeks because we are running a tournament, so there should be plenty of content out there. Don't be afraid to ask strategy questions or upload your recorded games as well, we have plenty of people here who are ready to help you improve.

All of this and more information is in the New Player's Guide to AoE3, ESO, and ESOCommunity
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

edeholland wrote:we have plenty of people here who are ready to help you improve.
I wonder if there's a certain someone who usually trains new players...I could have sworn it was even someone like a Prince of something, don't remember too well :geek:

Also, welcome Podawe!
European Union PancakePrincess
Skirmisher
ESO: PancakePrincess

Post by PancakePrincess »

jesus3 wrote:
edeholland wrote:we have plenty of people here who are ready to help you improve.
I wonder if there's a certain someone who usually trains new players...I could have sworn it was even someone like a Prince of something, don't remember too well :geek:
First of all, hello and welcome Podaw!

Secondly, I've seen this weird Prince of Kabul thing a few times and I don't get it. Is he really offering lessons or is that a giant inside joke that I don't understand?
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

PancakePrincess wrote:
jesus3 wrote:
First of all, hello and welcome Podaw!

Secondly, I've seen this weird Prince of Kabul thing a few times and I don't get it. Is he really offering lessons or is that a giant inside joke that I don't understand?
It's a joke. The running joke used to be that Prince's ESO is broken so you have to message him dozens of times or he won't receive your training requests.

@Podawe Welcome!
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

@princeofkabul

Oh and Prince has actually done some coaching mind you. He might not be available to do it right now because of EPL.

edit: oh lol
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America bittersalt123
Howdah

Post by bittersalt123 »

sup
"It makes a lot of sense to me that you're a Floridian." fightinfrenchman

Who needs water when you've got Brawndo – The Thirst Mutilator?

Secretary of State: But Brawndo's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes