The OFFICIAL dansil92 Maps Thread

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Re: The OFFICIAL dansil92 Maps Thread

Post by Rohbrot »

dansil92 wrote:Zavkhan is ready for public testing now :flowers:

ImageImageImage
4vs4 looks very interesting :hmm:
Spain pain train is real
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon
ESO: Plantinator

Post by Plantinator »

What are the mines on that map Standard silver? I just instantly thought ger when i saw the map haha
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

Rohbrot wrote:
dansil92 wrote:Zavkhan is ready for public testing now :flowers:

ImageImageImage
4vs4 looks very interesting :hmm:
That is the FFA spawn...?
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

I've only recently begun playing on EP maps - at my level people I'm obliged to play on RE patch and people are afraid to green up to anything not Great Plains or Deccan.
Let's say I won't ever come back to RE maps ! Those new maps are so much more interesting to play...
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

Plantinator wrote:What are the mines on that map Standard silver? I just instantly thought ger when i saw the map haha
sorry i missed your post: these are copper mines, for the aesthetic, but they are still 2000c. its definitely a good german map, though i'm not sure its a "bad map" for any civ apart from possibly spain
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon
ESO: Plantinator

Post by Plantinator »

dansil92 wrote:
Plantinator wrote:What are the mines on that map Standard silver? I just instantly thought ger when i saw the map haha
sorry i missed your post: these are copper mines, for the aesthetic, but they are still 2000c. its definitely a good german map, though i'm not sure its a "bad map" for any civ apart from possibly spain
Ty for the reply
Idk but just looking at the mine/hunt distribution on the minimap i wouldnt Play for example brits on this map...
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

unknown.png
unknown.png
This is my latest map Yalu River! Based losely on an age of mythology map, it features both players starting on a small segment with low resources, a shaolin settlement, and a small trade line; each player begins with a catamaran, a single fishing ship and a home city water flag. Additionally you start with 15 pop space to make sure that fishing ship doesnt mess with standard builds. All the mines on this map are tin mines so it will quickly become essential to migrate to the mainland. The mainland features (currently) a silk road line and several Zen settlements. It is dense in resources and will be likely where a great deal of the gameplay occurs. How does this map play out? Its actually quite similar to ceylon in the migratory concept but with the ability to actually scout and/or rush your opponent. It does lack whales, but has a few fish, in larger games fishing could be quite lucrative.

A few dev notes: due to the behavior of silk road tradeposts i was unable to place the guardians without messing up the small trade route's res/xp output (silk road type maps appear to reduce tradepost output to less than a vills worth of res or like 0.15xp/second). My current solution is that they simply remain unguarded and can be claimed immediately, but only deliver xp and cannot be upgraded to stagecoach for res. The small route remains a standard TP line in every sense. If this is deemed too risky (it shouldn't be but i haven't tested enough to find any exploits yet) i will replace them with standard trade post sockets BUT disable stagecoach on it. I dont want this to be another atp map if i can help it.

Let me know if you are interested in testing this one out!
United States of America occamslightsaber
Retired Contributor
ESO: L1BERTYPR1ME

Post by occamslightsaber »

dansil92 wrote:
unknown.png
unknown.png
This is my latest map Yalu River! Based losely on an age of mythology map, it features both players starting on a small segment with low resources, a shaolin settlement, and a small trade line; each player begins with a catamaran, a single fishing ship and a home city water flag. Additionally you start with 15 pop space to make sure that fishing ship doesnt mess with standard builds. All the mines on this map are tin mines so it will quickly become essential to migrate to the mainland. The mainland features (currently) a silk road line and several Zen settlements. It is dense in resources and will be likely where a great deal of the gameplay occurs. How does this map play out? Its actually quite similar to ceylon in the migratory concept but with the ability to actually scout and/or rush your opponent. It does lack whales, but has a few fish, in larger games fishing could be quite lucrative.

A few dev notes: due to the behavior of silk road tradeposts i was unable to place the guardians without messing up the small trade route's res/xp output (silk road type maps appear to reduce tradepost output to less than a vills worth of res or like 0.15xp/second). My current solution is that they simply remain unguarded and can be claimed immediately, but only deliver xp and cannot be upgraded to stagecoach for res. The small route remains a standard TP line in every sense. If this is deemed too risky (it shouldn't be but i haven't tested enough to find any exploits yet) i will replace them with standard trade post sockets BUT disable stagecoach on it. I dont want this to be another atp map if i can help it.

“Supreme Leader Kim Jong-un liked this.”
The scientific term for China creating free units is Mitoe-sis.

I intend all my puns.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

occamslightsaber wrote:
dansil92 wrote:
unknown.png
unknown.png

I am aware of course i unironically made a map where you flee north korea to seek a better life in china ;)
United States of America occamslightsaber
Retired Contributor
ESO: L1BERTYPR1ME

Post by occamslightsaber »

dansil92 wrote:
occamslightsaber wrote:
dansil92 wrote:
unknown.png
unknown.png

I am aware of course i unironically made a map where you flee north korea to seek a better life in china ;)
Oh, I thought it was 1:0 for Best Korea (versus False Korea, which doesn’t even have an ESOC map dedicated to it). But if that’s actually the case...

Yes commissar, this one right here.
The scientific term for China creating free units is Mitoe-sis.

I intend all my puns.
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

This looks very interesting.
I would have two questions/suggestions :
1) Some games may be lost in first age if you lose your catamaran. Or is the TC close enough to the water to protect it anyway ?
2) Maybe give a shipment points on the other side of the water (with an outpost). So that people can ship vills directly to the other side.
3) I feel giving slightly more hunts/mines near the base would help civs with tight BOs to find time to migrate.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

Le Hussard sur le toit wrote:This looks very interesting.
I would have two questions/suggestions :
1) Some games may be lost in first age if you lose your catamaran. Or is the TC close enough to the water to protect it anyway ?
2) Maybe give a shipment points on the other side of the water (with an outpost). So that people can ship vills directly to the other side.
3) I feel giving slightly more hunts/mines near the base would help civs with tight BOs to find time to migrate.
1) tc should be able to protect it fairly well, it's not a very big map so the scale is hard to really see on the minimap
2) this would defeat the whole purpose of the map, imagine Ceylon but with an outpost already on the mainland
3) your starting mine and a large hunt are always behind your tc- the hunt is 4500 food and your two other hunts are only slightly less. The forward mine is well within reach, it's got similar starting res to Iowa actually. You just have to push out (if you're defensive) around the same time, just across the river instead of directly onto the map.

(Oh a further note is that building a zen TP unlocks the wokou junk)
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

some spicy spoilers
Attachments
manitoba5.png
manitoba4.png
manitoba3.png
manitoba2.png
manitoba1.png
France Kynesie
ESOC Pro Team
ESO: kynesie

Post by Kynesie »

@dansil92 On Yalu River, catamarans are problematic : it s just a 1 catamaran vs 1 catamaran war, and the poor guy who lost that lost also 2 fishing boat and the ability to cross the river, so it s game over at 30 sec... i think you should remove catamaran (fishing boat are enought for transport) or add a dock
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Damn, yeah, that's bad. I thought it's just 3 fishboats.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

Kynesie wrote:@dansil92 On Yalu River, catamarans are problematic : it s just a 1 catamaran vs 1 catamaran war, and the poor guy who lost that lost also 2 fishing boat and the ability to cross the river, so it s game over at 30 sec... i think you should remove catamaran (fishing boat are enought for transport) or add a dock
Is the tc not covering there? If its not doing that properly thats a slight oop. i Can add a dock rickshaw then, honshu style
France Kynesie
ESOC Pro Team
ESO: kynesie

Post by Kynesie »

dansil92 wrote:
Kynesie wrote:@dansil92 On Yalu River, catamarans are problematic : it s just a 1 catamaran vs 1 catamaran war, and the poor guy who lost that lost also 2 fishing boat and the ability to cross the river, so it s game over at 30 sec... i think you should remove catamaran (fishing boat are enought for transport) or add a dock
Is the tc not covering there? If its not doing that properly thats a slight oop. i Can add a dock rickshaw then, honshu style
I just tried and no the TC can t shoot , evn if i go as close as possible.
Both remove catamaran or add a dock rickshaw are ok, but both solutions lead to very different games , so it depends about what you want ...
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

Catamarans will be removed. I forgot to account for the buff they got when i designed the map. RE catamarans take like 108 seconds to kill one another lol
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

Mississippi has been tweaked and rebalanced, with the flooded spawn removed. Its still got that great plains feel with the starting tp right next to your tc, coin mines being spread out, cheyenne settlement and hundreds of bison. I think its in a good spot now
Attachments
unknown.png
unknown.png
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

just as a temporary reference I'm uploading these minimaps here until /ESOC Maps is updated:
Cerrado - Guatemala - Nahanni - Yalu River - Zavkhan

ImageImageImageImageImage
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

So this is my newest map design, as a request from a friend of mine. It falls somewhere between Cascade Range and Adirondacks, is just generally very high in resources and has some unique topography. It was a great chance to use the Araucania textures. Its still lacking a name officially but "Viedma" or "Patagonian Steppe" are the current contenders :flowers:
argentina.png
screenies
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

My question is, there are not a probleme when hunt are next to the "unwalkable" clift? Like on bonni spring, when the hunt try hard a lot to climb the clift.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

chronique wrote:My question is, there are not a probleme when hunt are next to the "unwalkable" clift? Like on bonni spring, when the hunt try hard a lot to climb the clift.
The rheas are a lot less tempermental than bison when walking/running and the guanacos only spawn in the centre, they should behave themselves quite well
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

with the incredible success of yalu river, I'm working on creating a couple more standard maps. Here is one I need some input on:

It is somewhat of a hybrid between great plains and texas. I haven't really touched hunt or coin constraints, so it's not super balanced in that regard yet. A lot of coin too but that'll get fixed.

heres a few glamour shots:

Here's my questions:

should i move the starting tps forward a bit? or change it to have 4 total with two more central? ...or even 5 total

Starting outpost?

Any other "non-resource distribution" feedback?
Spain pérez
Pro Player
ESO: Pérez

Post by pérez »

no more than 3 tps pls we already have maps with 800000 tps