Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth assets?

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
No Flag Sat42
Crossbow

Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth assets?

Post by Sat42 »

Hi all,

I have an idea for a custom historical scenario I might try to bring to life (for AoEIII: The Asian Dynasties since I don't have the DE).
It would require at least a couple of characteristically Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth building models, i.e. church and town center at least (but the more the merrier).
Some specifically Polish units would also be cool but not absolutely necessary.
I can design scenarios but cannot create new art assets (unless it's just a flag :P )

Does anyone know of a mod that brings any of the above, which allows to add the relevant buildings/units to the game, without replacing existing buildings/units? So stuff that would only be accessible through the editor. I'd even be fine with the buildings being mere decoration objects (with collision of course) instead of actual player buildings, if that's easier.
Of note: I still want to create a scenario without having to modify other aspects of the game, so for example I don't want to have to install a massive mod that modifies everything about the game.

Thanks for any info!
Argentina Jets
Dragoon
ESO: SsJetstream
Clan: FPL

Re: Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth assets?

Post by Jets »

The napoleonic era mod, it's for TAD only.
No Flag Sat42
Crossbow

Post by Sat42 »

Jets wrote: ↑
25 Mar 2022, 23:02
Thanks for the reply, Jets! Will look into this mod (looks like I can use it without permanently changing the original TAD experience, as according to the modders: "Our unique file system allows seamless switching between Napoleonic Era and the original game and supports ESO2 for both, no uninstall required! Simply click either the NE or AoE3 desktop icons to choose your game." I wonder if I can use the assets from the mod in the editor, then still have the scenario work in vanilla TAD as long as the mod is installed - will have to see)
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

Sat42 wrote: ↑
25 Mar 2022, 23:41
Jets wrote: ↑
25 Mar 2022, 23:02
I wonder if I can use the assets from the mod in the editor, then still have the scenario work in vanilla TAD as long as the mod is installed - will have to see)
nah, you'll definitely only be able to use the assets with the mod loaded.
No Flag Sat42
Crossbow

Post by Sat42 »

musketeer925 wrote: ↑
26 Mar 2022, 02:44
Sat42 wrote: ↑
25 Mar 2022, 23:41

I wonder if I can use the assets from the mod in the editor, then still have the scenario work in vanilla TAD as long as the mod is installed - will have to see)
nah, you'll definitely only be able to use the assets with the mod loaded.
Thanks for clarifying!
Meanwhile, I think I found what will be a more suitable mod for my scenario idea - The Native Empires mod will not only include the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth as a faction mechanically - with unique units and gameplay specifics, but will also have unique building models for the faction's town centers and churches, hence making this civilization overall as distinct as the other - "official" - European civs. No ETA on a release date though!
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

How do plan to do the art for models though?
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
No Flag Sat42
Crossbow

Post by Sat42 »

princeofcarthage wrote: ↑
27 Mar 2022, 12:55
How do plan to do the art for models though?
I do not personally plan to do the art for the models, I am counting on The Native Empires mod! Like I said, it will deliver the faction I need, which will come with not only unique units and its own Home City (which is something that the Napoleonic Era mod already does), but also will have its own town center and church models for both the Colonial-Fortress and Industrial-Imperial sets of ages, just like all the vanilla European civilizations.
More here:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/age-of-empir ... n#imagebox
https://www.moddb.com/mods/age-of-empir ... l#imagebox
https://www.moddb.com/mods/age-of-empir ... s#imagebox
https://www.moddb.com/mods/age-of-empir ... l#imagebox