Micro tricks

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Micro tricks

Post by Kaiserklein »

It's been a long time I wanted to make videos about some micro tricks, and I finally stopped procrastinating! Kind of a miracle honestly, a big part of me thought I'd never actually do it. But finally, here it is!
Well, I actually don't have much to say about it :hmm:. Basically, it's going to be a series of videos, each of them presenting a "micro trick" from my own arsenal. I'd say it's interesting mostly for pr 20-25+ players, since the aim of these videos isn't to teach micro basics (such as attack move, hit & running, etc), but rather to give some more advanced micro tips to players who already master the said basics.

If there is some micro trick (or even some other AOE3 topic) you would like me to make a video about, I'm open to suggestions. Just leave a reply in this thread!

List of uploaded videos:
#1 - Fast shooting longbowmen
#2 - The pull trick
#3 - Time to Micro!

To do: (subject to change)
Locking fire
Using hand cav in skirm wars
Splitting fire without effort
Microing treasures

P.S: thanks to @QueenOfdestiny for the banner and the thumbnails!
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Re: Micro tricks

Post by bwinner »

Nice, I like technique explanations about how the game works.
Sweden tabben
Lancer
EWTNWC LAN Bronze
ESO: tabben

Post by tabben »

Can we try not to explain how to use glitches?
[spoiler=spoiler]just kidding :chinese: Nice, gonna check this out[/spoiler]
Austria supahons
Dragoon
ESO: supahons

Post by supahons »

nice videos, pull-trick-addition: when the vectors are aligned (it isn't random) you can pull the same amount of units eg spanish explorer+wardog (4 + 5 speed)
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

supahons wrote:nice videos, pull-trick-addition: when the vectors are aligned (it isn't random) you can pull the same amount of units eg spanish explorer+wardog (4 + 5 speed)

I don't really understand what you mean here, can you try to explain in another way?
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag almalek
Skirmisher

Post by almalek »

thanks I appreciate it, I did once make a video and it just ended up being bad, can you add bowrider, comanche and cav archer micro as well, sea wars is optional pls..
Austria supahons
Dragoon

Post by supahons »

1+1=2 if you run in the same direction, then one unit can pull the other, but it must be exactly the same direction otherwise they slow down
Austria Jerimuno
Advanced Player
ESO: Jerimuno
GameRanger ID: 9241516

Post by Jerimuno »

Does the pull trick work with boats?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

how to micro sepoys?
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Jerimuno wrote:Does the pull trick work with boats?

Nope

supahons wrote:1+1=2 if you run in the same direction, then one unit can pull the other, but it must be exactly the same direction otherwise they slow down

Hmm, okay I'll check that soon, thanks
Brazil Kickass_OP
Lancer
ESO: Kickass

Post by Kickass_OP »

Kaiserklein wrote:Image

It's been a long time I wanted to make videos about some micro tricks, and I finally stopped procrastinating! Kind of a miracle honestly, a big part of me thought I'd never actually do it. But finally, here it is!
Well, I actually don't have much to say about it :hmm:. Basically, it's going to be a series of videos, each of them presenting a "micro trick" from my own arsenal. I'd say it's interesting mostly for pr 20-25+ players, since the aim of these videos isn't to teach micro basics (such as attack move, hit & running, etc), but rather to give some more advanced micro tips to players who already master the said basics.

If there is some micro trick (or even some other AOE3 topic) you would like me to make a video about, I'm open to suggestions. Just leave a reply in this thread!

List of uploaded videos:
#1 - Fast shooting longbowmen
#2 - The pull trick

To do: (subject to change)
Locking fire
Using hand cav in skirm wars
Splitting fire without effort
Microing treasures

P.S: thanks to @QueenOfdestiny for the banner and the thumbnails!

Kaiser, you're just teaching what you learned from me.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

supahons wrote:if you run in the same direction, then one unit can pull the other, but it must be exactly the same direction otherwise they slow down

Ah that makes sense. I've seen it so many times where my Indian Brahmins some times move faster or sometimes move slower...that should explain it.

Btw all credits to @macacoalbino without him I wouldn't even know I could do something like pulling elephants
Austria supahons
Dragoon

Post by supahons »

i've tested it in the editor again -> there are at least 2 unit combinations. in the first case - one walks in front the other behind, and in second case side by side. they just want to go to their designated position. you can definitely improve this skill :lol:
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Pulling trick is related to unit formations so it works according to those rules. That's for example why army and vills don't pull together (vills don't have formations) and also why with same number of units it sometimes works and sometimes not (it actually always works but the pulling direction varies depending where you click).
Image Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Well I personally can't get the pull trick to work 100% of the time when I have 1 + 1 units. I don't really get it
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

rsy wrote:
supahons wrote:if you run in the same direction, then one unit can pull the other, but it must be exactly the same direction otherwise they slow down

Ah that makes sense. I've seen it so many times where my Indian Brahmins some times move faster or sometimes move slower...that should explain it.

Btw all credits to @macacoalbino wi th out him I would end even know I could do something like pulling elehpabts

Always there to help bro ^^ :chinese:

India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

macacoalbino wrote:
rsy wrote:

Btw all credits to @macacoalbino wi th out him I would end even know I could do something like pulling elehpabts

Always there to help bro ^^ :chinese:

Dude we need to play some games some time
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

i watched the LB one. and tbh, it doesnt seem to me like they shoot faster then when you would just not micro them (I'm not talking about A-move). Your bows didn't shoot faster than the AI. You just one shot them while they spread their fire. Hence you were left with 7, because of diminishing returns.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

I wasn't sure if I should show with attack move or with just not microing, maybe I shouldn't have used attack move. But anyway if you just let your longbows shoot, the animation will reset a lot too, while with this trick it never resets (if you do it perfectly, which most of the time is not really possible).
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Ah and about the comp, if you check carefully you'll see that sometimes, the longbows are doing the animation but not actually shooting an arrow. That's the kind of shit that happens when you don't force your longbows to focus fire. And anyway, I'm not sure it works the same for a comp and when it's a player.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

hmm it does seem to work for lb's but it doesnt really work for other bow units. not sure why.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

yeah lbs animation is just fucked up, idk why
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Kaiserklein wrote:yeah lbs animation is just fucked up, idk why

but cetans, aenna and br also have a set up animation. but the units don't seem to shoot in volley, they just shoot randomly. not all at same time. I guess that might be designed, since that's how longbow units historically worked.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Hmm that's weird, I thought cetans/aennas would get the same bug. Cause for example, it happens with grenadiers, they just cancel their animation or do the animation without throwing anything sometimes, like lbs do.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

[Sith] - Baphomet