Micro tricks

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
Austria supahons
Dragoon
ESO: supahons

Re: Micro tricks

Post by supahons »

Kaiserklein wrote:Well I personally can't get the pull trick to work 100% of the time when I have 1 + 1 units. I don't really get it

choose between (1) or (2) for a first attempt chance, adjust the direction if you fail (3), then it usually works

(1) the experience part: unit 1 runs, unit 2 runs/stands still (+they are within the unit pull-radius) --> dragbox+rightclick (if you click on the right spot then you sprint immediately)
(2) the skill part (more clicks, increases the probability of success): select unit 1 (the leading unit) + choose the direction (rightclick),
select unit 2 + rightclick where the position of the second unit will be (variant 1 in front/behind, variant 2 side by side), dragbox+rightclick

(3) the adjustment part: the units slow down, select the leading unit, adjust the direction slightly (rightclick), dragbox+rightclick
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

Wow! That's a great initial, those were some tips I was expecting to invest in improving! Does the lb animation work with any bow type unit, with units with slow animation, with all units?
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

plz do video on how use control group, cannot figure out
oranges.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

Yeah you don't actually z-move lbows in real games either. What I do, is engage the fight zmove. then manually adjusting them to shoot without it. All this work just to make the unit work how they should in the first place.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

I needed this content for so looooooong
thank you <3
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Aizamk wrote:plz do video on how use control group, cannot figure out

You to bad in afraid. Dirty nilla scrubs cannot possibly learn such things
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

I found some random video featuring longbows without micro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyTSUMPElOE&t=1m45s
I think it's obvious how much they reset their animation there. I just haven't found a way to have lbs using their ROF to its max potential, besides this trick.

@BrookG the lb animation is kind of unique, according to umeu my trick doesn't work on other bow units. Attack moving cetans or aennas should work just fine though, from my experience.

@supahons I tried that and it just doesn't work for me
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Ashvin wrote:I needed this content for so looooooong
thank you <3
Road to Captain?
Pay more attention to detail.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

Gendarme wrote:
thank you <3
Road to Captain?

Major*. I'm sure Eagle took same lectures personally from Kaiser.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Ashvin wrote:
Gendarme wrote:
thank you <3
Road to Captain?

Dev team vs Comm team rematch? :hehe:
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Lbow animation is similar to those of aenna and cetan but aenna have 5 speed and better projectile, while cetan just have less range. Cetan animation sucks just as much as that of lbows but lbows change unit more often because they simply have more LOS.
Image Image Image
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

Thanks for making those guides! Maybe we can have a playlist/thread where resources are gathered aimed at PR 20+ players. There are plenty of guides for those that want to become a lieutenant, but very little for the road to captain.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

edeholland wrote:Thanks for making those guides! Maybe we can have a playlist/thread where resources are gathered aimed at PR 20+ players. There are plenty of guides for those that want to become a lieutenant, but very little for the road to captain.

Just to make sure some people don't get the wrong impression: these micro tips are awesome, but you do not have to be so good at micro to reach captain; just need "basic" micro.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yeah this is probably tricks that mostly colonel+ people would use, I think. But it's often not that hard to do and can be very rewarding, so imo it's worth a try, even at pr 25 level or so.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

Kaiserklein wrote:Yeah this is probably tricks that mostly colonel+ people would use, I think. But it's often not that hard to do and can be very rewarding, so imo it's worth a try, even at pr 25 level or so.

At pr 25 you have other problems than to pull ur units :P
shit juice :hmm:
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

ovi12 wrote:
edeholland wrote:Thanks for making those guides! Maybe we can have a playlist/thread where resources are gathered aimed at PR 20+ players. There are plenty of guides for those that want to become a lieutenant, but very little for the road to captain.

Just to make sure some people don't get the wrong impression: these micro tips are awesome, but you do not have to be so good at micro to reach captain; just need "basic" micro.

Yeah I should have said, those tips are good for the road from captain, not to.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

QueenOfdestiny wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:Yeah this is probably tricks that mostly colonel+ people would use, I think. But it's often not that hard to do and can be very rewarding, so imo it's worth a try, even at pr 25 level or so.

I'm pretty sure that using the pull trick to save 5 huss, for example, is more important than managing your idle vils :S
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

edeholland wrote:
Ashvin wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Dev team vs Comm team rematch? :hehe:

Unfortunately I am not orange.
United States of America Hidddy_
Retired Contributor
ESO: Hidalgito

Post by Hidddy_ »

Next one on how to micro when drunk please
De Funk
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

I was completely unaware of the longbow mechanic.
Austria supahons
Dragoon
ESO: supahons

Post by supahons »

i've finally found a quite reliable way for the 1+1 pull-trick ;)
spanish explorer+dog --> let the dog run - dragbox select the explorer+dog - when you want to pull rightclick exactly (literally) on the dogflag again, zoom in to make it easier, if the dog comes back, click a bit higher/lower or try the more difficult strategy

harder: let the dog run, imagine a straight line (explorer+dog+flag), click on the line in front of the dogflag when you want to pull
enable the grid in the editor to see that it is working (run on the blue line, exactly click on it, zoom in if you want)
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

rsy wrote:
macacoalbino wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Always there to help bro ^^ :chinese:

Dude we need to play some games some time

Help me prep for the next big tourney when the time comes ^^

Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

supahons wrote:i've finally found a quite reliable way for the 1+1 pull-trick ;)
spanish explorer+dog --> let the dog run - dragbox select the explorer+dog - when you want to pull rightclick exactly (literally) on the dogflag again, zoom in to make it easier, if the dog comes back, click a bit higher/lower or try the more difficult strategy

harder: let the dog run, imagine a straight line (explorer+dog+flag), click on the line in front of the dogflag when you want to pull
enable the grid in the editor to see that it is working (run on the blue line, exactly click on it, zoom in if you want)
Does this mean that Spain always gets the first pass on Great Plains? :hleung:
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

Gendarme wrote:
supahons wrote:i've finally found a quite reliable way for the 1+1 pull-trick ;)

Does this mean that Spain always gets the first pass on Great Plains? :hleung:

Sioux Warchief :devilrazz: :devil:

Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Kaiserklein wrote:
QueenOfdestiny wrote:

I'm pretty sure that using the pull trick to save 5 huss, for example, is more important than managing your idle vils :S

I'd argue the opposite if your idle vills are something like 15. It does as well apply to all the SW to move from gold to food for aging.
Image Image Image