UI 2.3 Suggestions thread

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Re: UI 2.3 Suggestions thread

Post by kami_ryu »

I love you aiz. I will never stop being your number one fan.

At least, I want to be your number one fan.
Austria supahons
Dragoon
ESO: supahons

Post by supahons »

Aizamk wrote:You know it's a tough industry to work in when the most scathing reviews come from foreign critics who barely even play the game.
:lol:

Up to now i haven't used it, but it's nice to see the UI improvements in recent years. It definitely improves the streaming/tournament experience for the viewer - good job ;)
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

Another Idea, Recent units lost. Idea is after a fight it would be useful to gauge who had the better trade over single fight or mini skirmishes. The period of time to look back would be 60 to 90 seconds with a 30 or 60 secs refresh. Another way to refresh view data could be an input of what minute would you like to view the data eg "12" represents a fight inbetween 12:00 and 12:59, slightly awkward over the minute boundary though i guess.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I want integrated voice recognition software and a running UI count of how many times I say "um" during a cast.
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

I would like aswell if that was the normal UI and not the minimized that showed the stats, so that it's more confortable to keep the UI installed when you do smg else. Because like if I play for a tourney, I don't want to have the big UI but I may cast games after playing and I will need to reinstall. (that being said, it's not a big deal and Idk how hard it is for you to do).
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

Development is resuming, suggestions still being accepted.
oranges.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

just a recommendation.

for team games is it possible to Show the tributed resources amount and sign it while the game is being played?
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Would be cool to see the chosen age-up politician as text in the progress bar for aging up.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Pretty sure that doesn't really fit :hmm:
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

Except if we make it bigger.

Another thing I would like to see is the expected age-up time, especially for asian civs who build wonders. But I'm not sure if it's possible to read the amount of villagers building a wonder?
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

Make recalculated military pop according to exp of soldiers.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

HUMMAN wrote:Make recalculated military pop according to exp of soldiers.
Or according to resources it costs to train them? Since some/most units have 10% of their cost in hp (like a longbow is 100 res and 10 xp) while others/outlaws have 20% (renegado costs 90 res and gives 20x xp).

Anyway, if anything, I would like natives to be added to recalculated military pop.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

I think changing the main part of the ui from having 2 icon bars (one large and one small per player), to having 3 small icon bars would be a good change, as it would allow for you view shipments, units in queue, and techs researched (the most important information IMO) at the same time.
I think also integrating techs researched and techs being researched would be a good change (if it is possible).
If there were also a way to have recalculated military population (recalculated by upgrades and cards) that would also be cool if possible.
Additionally, showing how many idle villager seconds a player has would be very cool and useful as well.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

I would love for you to just relax and enjoy the tremendous product that you already created :love:

If you wanna do something anyway, I have a suggestion that may sound redicolous but seems necessary and highly effective to me:
Have a pop up message telling casters to check the map at 0:01
Have a pop up message asking the casters to update the score at 1:30 (map discussion should be over by now)
And either have a pop up telling them to switch to recalculated eco pop or just make that the default mode

Far too often one or more of these things are forgotten, hurting the viewing or playing experience
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Darwin_ wrote:I think changing the main part of the ui from having 2 icon bars (one large and one small per player), to having 3 small icon bars would be a good change, as it would allow for you view shipments, units in queue, and techs researched (the most important information IMO) at the same time.

This.

Also, currently if you use maximized UI you can leave the spectator UI installed forever and just switch between minimized (which would be spectator) and maximized UI every game. Would be nice if there was another version of the UI that swapped these around for people who prefer to use minimized, and therefore do not have to uninstall and reinstall the UI all the time.

aligator92 wrote:Have a pop up message asking the casters to update the score at 1:30 (map discussion should be over by now)

Somehow possible to have the score update on its own once someone resigns?
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Would be insane if the ui could calculate the eco by taking into account all the market upgrades and so on, but I guess it's really hard to implement

edeholland wrote:
HUMMAN wrote:Make recalculated military pop according to exp of soldiers.
Or according to resources it costs to train them? Since some/most units have 10% of their cost in hp (like a longbow is 100 res and 10 xp) while others/outlaws have 20% (renegado costs 90 res and gives 20x xp).

Anyway, if anything, I would like natives to be added to recalculated military pop.

Well outlaws cost more pop space, so you can't really just use the cost. The xp is actually more accurate, but not totally reliable either. It's not like people train these units very often though, so it should be good enough in a vast majority of cases. I definitely like the idea of using the xp more than the pop. And yeah including the nats too
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Well if you really want a measure of one unit strenght based on its real cost it should be: unit cost /100 + unit pop /10.
Image Image Image
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player

Post by Aizamk »

Aiming to have a version ready for testing by the end of this weekend, but only for 1920x1080.
In order to speed up the process, the testing versions will be EP-only custom maps (containing special EP functions), as EP is the priority. Restricted versions that do not use the EP functions will be created further down the line.

Suggestions relating only to design take the longest to do as it involves text editing UI files, so for now will be focusing on those relating to functionality.
oranges.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

1440p version plz
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

Aizamk wrote:Suggestions relating only to design take the longest to do as it involves text editing UI files, so for now will be focusing on those relating to functionality.

Add ping test in the chat commands please(ik its p2p but would still help if there are two casters, but it wont tell you about the computer lag so idk)?
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player

Post by Aizamk »

UI 2.3 Alpha0.1

Changes from 2.2

1) UI will now attempt to fix itself twice, once after 15 seconds and again after 40 seconds
(applicable if a spectator started the game with maximized UI then switched to minimized UI in-game)
2) Added unit tactic viewer - to avoid cluttering the UI, only applies to select important units and buildings such as shrines, factories, wonders, firepits etc. Displays in bottom right display when a unit is selected.
3) Added delay to auto game end to allow time to process end-game things (not tested in MP)
4) Added resource income option to top graphic - now toggles between Eco Unit Pop, Recalculated Eco Pop, Resource Income. Current implementation very sensitive to jumps from e.g. crates, treasures, trading posts.
5) Removed buggy viewlock functionality, to replace with autocameraman in future

Installation:
1) Install UI 2.2
2) Map files go to Documents/My Games/AoE3/RM3 (displays as the custom map "zUI 2.3 Alpha0.1 ESOC Manchuria", you'll have to scroll to the bottom)
3) UI file "uiunitselectionmin.xml" to replace the one in Program Files/AoE3/data

Bugs can be reported in this thread. This build will expire in 1 week.
Attachments
uiunitselectionmin.xml
(1.41 MiB) Downloaded 15 times
UI 2,3 A0,1 ESOC Manchuria.xml
(1.75 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
UI 2,3 A0,1 ESOC Manchuria.xs
(420.77 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
oranges.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player

Post by Aizamk »

To add at some point (in increasing order of difficulty):

1) Notification when resources get tributed (Amount not split up by resource type, however, until I figure out a workaround)

2) Recalculated Milit Unit pop - Requires editing of main resolution file to add a toggle button so temporarily will only be accessible via console. To be weighted according to unit cost + population*10

3) To detect when a player has not selected a deck yet so that the UI will refresh it properly once a deck HAS been selected, without viewer having to switch to a different player's deck first

4) More flexible way of splitting up the bottom UI - Requires an overhaul of the system so will take a while

5) Autocameraman

6) Decent algorithm to determine map "fairness" based on resource distribution
oranges.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

I would think twice on some of those features. The UI right now is pretty functional. For example recalculaed military pop is just fine as it is. Including a measure of unit value is fine but imo should be an additional stat.
Also I think the UI layout is a good compromise between data amount and ease of reading. Condensing even more information in the same screen could make everything too small.
Image Image Image
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

Maybe a treasure history option for the UI? Show coin resource icons w/ number for res treasures, unit icons for unit rescues, and maybe just a general "treasure chest" icon for others. Ofc treasure history can be seen in chat, but could be a nice thing to show in age 1.

Not sure if actually possible, didn't give any thought to that.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

Just streamed a 2v2 game where the portugese player sent eco theory but it showed up in the UI of both the portugese player and his ally, a Japanese player. A bug you may be able to fix.