No Middle Ground, a Game of Thrones mod!

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
Chile Jutlander
Musketeer
ESO: ???????

No Middle Ground, a Game of Thrones mod!

Post by Jutlander »

Hey, so I'm here to show a little about my new mod that should hopefully release a beta before next season.
I'll start sharing this rpg style ''tutorial'' on basic westerosi units
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CTf27fTjeFjd6gcIczFqatoRBHlWZiMfcgscyJ8L4Xc/edit
And also a question for you guys:
Besides Dragons, what would you like to see in this mod?

PS. There's gonna be dragons, and zombies and giants and mammoths.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Re: No Middle Ground, a Game of Thrones mod!

Post by SoldieR »

Man, this could be sweeett
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

direwolves, obviously. Also trolls, faceless men, dothraki, unsullied, mercenary companies such as the golden company, heroes instead of explorers. the nights watch (maybe would be funny if their stats are random XD can be a good soldier or a very bad one, you never know what you get on the watch), knights from the vale, different types of healers including maesters
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

A proud father figure, to role play with, maybe.
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

Imo make a good scenario for it
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

Are you pulling from AoM?

Stone men = either the hekagiants or promethean, direwolves = fenris, dragons = nidhogg, night walkers = mummy or shade, etc.

In any case, I look forward to seeing this!
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Sounds nice! hope to be able to play it.
new counter system sounds interesting too

umeu wrote:direwolves, obviously. Also trolls, faceless men, dothraki, unsullied, mercenary companies such as the golden company, heroes instead of explorers. the nights watch (maybe would be funny if their stats are random XD can be a good soldier or a very bad one, you never know what you get on the watch), knights from the vale, different types of healers including maesters

Red priests to heal/buff nearby units. The free folk as support/cheap units, valyrian steel "upgrades" for late game to ignore some armor, many interesting stuff to put there.
Chile Jutlander
Musketeer

Post by Jutlander »

umeu wrote:Also trolls

What do you mean?
Besides that, im planning on adding all of that in more than one way. The Beta will include the Starks and they will certainly have direwolves.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Jutlander wrote:
umeu wrote:Also trolls

What do you mean?
Besides that, im planning on adding all of that in more than one way. The Beta will include the Starks and they will certainly have direwolves.

sorry, meant giants. wba children of the forest?
Chile Jutlander
Musketeer

Post by Jutlander »

Children of the forest will be included as cards in the free folk civ probably. I might make them grenadiers
India guyshir
Skirmisher
Donator 01
ESO: guyshir

Post by guyshir »

If we can kill Joffrey, I am up for it! :uglylol:
Chile Jutlander
Musketeer

Post by Jutlander »

I'll share this. Next week I'll come back with more stuff to share and so on until I release the beta.
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer

Post by HUMMAN »

If you need testing and feedback i can help, and find a pr 35+ for balance testing.
Chile Jutlander
Musketeer

Post by Jutlander »

If you can guess the Stark units I will put your name in the list of knights names :B
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

Where is Jory Cassel?
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

Can i have Cercei as my sister in the game ?
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

This looks incredible! You're really talented.
Chile Jutlander
Musketeer

Post by Jutlander »

I didn't make them though, they were made by my teammate luv'ert'ur
Chile Jutlander
Musketeer

Post by Jutlander »

So...
What's new on No Middle Ground?
There's many key aspects of Age of Empires III that have been repurposed to give the mod a new feeling and to make it more fitting to its theme. I'll mention some of the key aspects of the mod along with some aspects that will help you guys understand the Houses I will showcase next week:

1.- Influence: A new resource. Can basically only be trickled and to get that trickle you must capture a Trading Post. Except trading posts are no longer trading posts but villages, small castles, bridges, etc. You capture them Silk road style and they give you influence. What is Influence for? For a lot of things: Aging-up, upgrading units, researching technologies and sending support cards. Powerful technologies will have a huge influence cost.
2.- Support cards: All Houses will have access to different support cards from allied houses. In some cases you'll just get access to just one card but, in the cases of the most important houses you'll get a whole set of allied houses cards containing lore and characters. For example with House Stark you'll get access to 7 House Mormont cards, all with a similar theme and powerful effects, they even send a unique unit: The Shield Maiden. Their first card will always be the house leader and the effect will always be the same: Your Allied House cards cost less influence +1 Villager (Age I).
3.- New stances: Besides ranged, melee, stand ground, etc., you'll get two more stances: an improved cover mode and the retreat stance. Cover mode will now allow you to ignore most ranged damage but will diminish your fighting abilities, this stance is only available to shielded units. Retreat stance is available to every unit and it makes the unit, well, run very fast, with the downsides of not being able to attack while on that stance, retreating units taking more damage and the stance taking 10 seconds to change it, so even if you run into the enemy base your army will be useless for a moment.
4.- Tactics: Your Bannermen (explorers) have a set of abilities that boost your military units in combat for a little time. Tactics have a big cooldown. There's shared tactics like Forced march, that slightly increases movement speed for a minute, Cavalry charge, that increases cavalry movement speed and melee damage for 10 seconds and some exclusive tactics like Lannister's Shield charge, that gives shielded infantry units huge melee damage for 5 seconds.
5.- Tankier units: Units in general deal less damage and more hp, and also they slowly recover their hp when idle (Stamina). Retreating from a losing battle is, in this case, easier to do and more important. Powerful units like Knights will probably last a lot in battle and in a match if taken care of.
Canada Warno
Dragoon
Donator 08
ESO: Warno

Post by Warno »

Looking forward to this - looks nice so far.

Just wondering what is your background? Developed any games before? Have you played a lot of AoE3??

Thanks for the work you are doing and I will definitely download when it comes out.
Chile Jutlander
Musketeer

Post by Jutlander »

I played on ESO a few years ago and was kind of good (I don't remember my pr back then), now I'm not that good. I have loved aoe3 since I was a child and I'm a member of the Wars of Liberty mod.
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer

Post by HUMMAN »

In order to prevent retreat used offensive, let units take more damage while retreating or after retreat give them a debuff reducing their attack for a period.
Chile Jutlander
Musketeer

Post by Jutlander »

Ah yeah, I forgot to mention thats also part of the stance
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

tactics should come with drawbacks, imo. like u move faster for 10 seconds, but then move slower for 3 cuz forced march make ppl tired. or weakens morale = less attack or stuff like that.
Chile Jutlander
Musketeer

Post by Jutlander »

House Stark
Homecity: Winterfell
Leader: Robb Stark

The Mario of the Westeros great houses: They are kind of good at everything. Their focus, though, is on tactics and on defending. House Stark players must take advantage of their ability to take their enemy off guard and their defensive nature, allowing the player to take losses and still get something in return.
Bonuses:
Winter is coming: Tactics slow the enemies down by 15% for the duration of the effect.
The North remembers: When a Stark unit dies, a slow trickle of experience will happen for the next few seconds.
Men of the North: Units are 5% cheaper, but take 15% more time to be trained.
No one can hold the North: Buildings have 10% more Hp.

House Stark is a noble, traditional and proud house with a thousand years of history and that shows in their customs. Winter is coming is both an ever important warning and a mean to ensure a swift strike on the enemy via the use of powerful Tactics. Slowing down the enemy means that you can be sure your troops and cards will be used at full efficiency and that the enemy will not get away once you reach his army. House Stark, though, is nothing without its loyal people: The North Remembers is the best way to keep you always ready, even after being defeated, and Men of the North, while making it harder for you to field an army fast, makes unit training cheaper, evening yourself against a more powerful enemy. Finally, No one can hold the North means that your defenses and strategic points will last longer, again, buying you more time for you to mass your army and strike once again.

Units:
Peasant
Spear levy
Archer levy
Direwolf: Unique Stark unit. Great against all kinds of Infantry.
Man-at-arms
Axeman
Spearman
Northern Greatsword: Replaces the Halberdier. Carries a greatsword that deals area damage but doesn't have much defenses.
Archer
Crossbowman
Ranger
Outrider
Knight

Allied Houses:
Tully
Mormont: They give you access to a Unique unit, the Shield Maiden. A powerful and heavily armored warrior.
Umber: They give you access to a Unique unit, the Berserker, a fast unit armed with two axes.
Manderly
Reed: They give you access to a Unique unit, the Crannogman, a fast Ranger type of unit armed with a blowgun.
Karstark
Bolton
Glover
Dustin
Hornwood