No Middle Ground, a Game of Thrones mod!

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Re: No Middle Ground, a Game of Thrones mod!

Post by lemmings121 »

stop teasing, I already want to play this more then aoe3de and aoe4.
Chile Jutlander
Musketeer
ESO: ???????

Post by Jutlander »

Well I'll keep teasing until I have a slightly better looking beta, since for now it's playable and has textures but not enough stuff to make it look as pretty.
Chile Jutlander
Musketeer

Post by Jutlander »

House Lannister
Homecity: Casterly Rock
Leader: Tywin Lannister

The House that rewards you for keeping the machine of war well oiled: They have the means to stay relevant on every stage of the game as long as you can keep your economy running. Their focus is on mustering big armies to be able to crush your opponents without taking much damage yourself. Their Unique Unit, being a better version of the Man-at-arms, puts your army on a great spot when it comes to consistency, but you don't really have many ways to play defensive so you will have to get out there, but that shouldn't be hard to do considering you'll never run out of influence.

Bonuses:
Hear me roar!: Training units grants you extra influence (+1).
A Lannister always pays his debts: Aging-up costs more coin, but unit upgrades are slightly more effective.
Lords of Casterly Rock: Peasants mine 15% faster.
The westerlands: Lannister hand Infantry units are 5% slower but have slightly better Stamina.

House Lannister is not powerful because of its knowledge or because of its tradition. House Lannister is powerful because of its power. Hear me roar! provides the perfect incentive to keep the military machine going non-stop and to give you the always needed Influence resource, even if you find yourself at a disadvantage in terms of map control. A Lannister always pays his debts and Lords of Casterly Rock are a perfect example of the money juggling Lannisters are known for. In a way, this two bonuses cancel each other out if used correctly and can even leave you with a surplus if you can manage your economy correctly, and you will have to do exactly that if you plan on fielding the troops needed to win the match. Finally, The Westerlands show how sturdy and used to mountainous landscapes your Infantry troops are, making them slower but certainly better in the long run when it comes to staying alive.

Units:
Peasant
Spear levy
Archer levy
Red Cloak: Stronger version of the Man-at-arms.
Axeman
Spearman
Halberdier
Archer
Crossbowman
Ranger
Outrider
Knight

Allied Houses:
Clansmen
Payne
Crakehall: They give you access to a Unique Unit, the Maceman: A melee unit armed with bonuses against Lances and Axes.
Frey
Sarsfield: They give you acces to a Unique Unit, the Armoured archer: An archer unit with Shield and better armor.
Tyrell: They give you access to a Unique Unit, the Foot Knight: An incredibly powerful version of the Man-at-arms.
Farsman
Clegane: They give you access to a Unique Unit, the Marauder: A cavalry unit good against peasants and buildings.
Westerling
Brax
Swyft
Norway oxaloacetate
Dragoon

Post by oxaloacetate »

This looks really well made!
We watched the tragedy unfold
We did as we were told
We bought and sold
It was the greatest show on earth
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

tfw Jutlander makes a mobile game out of this. "Do you guys not have phones?!"
Pay more attention to detail.
Germany Oliveza
Pro Player
ESO: Oliveza

Post by Oliveza »

Im so Hyped , can you give some closer Information about the beta-release date? :flowers:
:mds: > BIGS
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

Pls dont get too ambitious. Make main clans in westeros and release the game. Than add new content and polish. It is easier to get playerbase, patch, and balance. Mods grow like that. I am saying it with respect to WoL, too many new content (while many cool content included)= not cohering with each other and not balanced design wise. Less is more.
Chile Jutlander
Musketeer

Post by Jutlander »

Thanks for your suggestion! You dont have to worry, I will release a beta with 3 houses and I will be adding more in an order that makes sense so the mod will never feel incomplete
I will probably release a close beta in january or february and once I work on balance and get the visuals ready ill launch a first open beta with Lannisters Stark and Tully
Chile Jutlander
Musketeer

Post by Jutlander »

House Tully
Homecity: Riverrun
Leader: Edmure Tully

The House with the coolest archers: This House can only play defensive if it wants to survive, but still they get pretty powerful bonuses. Their economy is naturally good and even when you will have a hard time with shipments you can boom hard and get free shipments and influence to push your way into victory. After all, if you get raided, you can always hide your peasants in nearby buildings and shoot down the raiders.

Bonuses:
Family, duty, honor: Aging-up gives you a shipment and Influence.
Edmure’s protection: Peasants can hide on every building.
A divided kingdom: It takes longer to get and to receive a shipment
Men of the Riverlands: Ranged units have +3 range and villagers gather resources 5% faster.

House Tully likes to play defensive and boom: Take a few early Command points and hold them until you can build up a strong enough army. You rely a lot on good timing to play them right: Family, duty, honor and a Divided kingdom forces the player to pay attention to your experience and resources if you want to take the initiative while Edmure's protection and Men of the riverlands can help you stand your ground in the meantime. Hiding behind rivers, walls and other troops is a must if you want your archers to deal good damage. Also, their unique unit, the Cavalry Archer, with their speed, range attack and Line of sight, is an excellent tool to put pressure on your opponent and buy time.

Units:
Peasant
Spear levy
Archer levy
Man-at-arms
Axeman
Spearman
Sworn Shield: Infantry, Sword, Shield. Low damage but extremely tanky unit.
Halberdier
Archer
Crossbowman
Ranger
Outrider
Cavalry archer: Cavalry, Range, Irregular. Mounted unit armed with a bow. Good against Outlaws. It has a counter bonus against shielded units.
Knight

Allied Houses:
Stark
Mallister
Bracken: They give you access to a Unique Unit, the Stone Hedge Rider: A fast cavalry unit with a bonus against Ranged units.
Blackwood: They give you access to the Raventree archer: An archer unit with a powerful attack against Cavalry units.
Frey
Darry
Mooton
Piper
Smallwood
Vance
Whent
Chile Jutlander
Musketeer

Post by Jutlander »

Triple post :?
I have created a ModDB page and it includes some cool pictures.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/age-of-empir ... dle-ground
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

Cool
No Flag Ivenend
Crossbow

Post by Ivenend »

Cool! Any news?