Map Prototype- Alberta

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Re: Map Prototype- Alberta

Post by Challenger_Marco »

ESOC Alberta please..
:nwc:
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

The tp line was actually made carefully so neither civ gets the first pass of xp so as to not favour eother side. It could even be a 4 tp map but i thought two was more unique. Either way, this is a scenario not an rms so its not exactly tourney ready yet
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

Looks very cool, but fish in the ponds seems like a bit of over-design. Not sure that amount (in 3 segments) would be worth any civ's time making a dock, so it'd just be a gimmick for Japan. (Maybe not even then because they look like they could be sniped from the shore pretty easily).
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Kawapasaka wrote:Looks very cool, but fish in the ponds seems like a bit of over-design. Not sure that amount (in 3 segments) would be worth any civ's time making a dock, so it'd just be a gimmick for Japan. (Maybe not even then because they look like they could be sniped from the shore pretty easily).
Seems like there are not home city water flags so you can't send boats as Japan.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

Kawapasaka wrote:Looks very cool, but fish in the ponds seem like a bit of over-design. Not sure that amount (in 3 segments) would be worth any civ's time making a dock, so it'd just be a gimmick for Japan. (Maybe not even then because they look like they could be sniped from the shore pretty easily).

They aren't really necessary but it offers just a little bit of food. Other thing is getting the cree to build some canoes to control chokepoints, and they can fish while idle too. Its just small details though
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

Small update, win conditions are set and tc provides population, 4 cree settlements instead of 2. Thank you @vividlyplain for figuring those bugs out!

@edeholland i didnt add a water flag, but it definitely could be something worth adding for a little New England style flair. Im undecided.
alberta_competitive.age3Yscn
(127.5 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Riotcoke wrote:
edeholland wrote:
Riotcoke wrote:Please seperate the tp sockets, having both in the middle is bad, maybe just have it as a three tp
Then you have the same coin flip again. I kinda like seeing something different like an even amount in the center, for once.

It makes it so any civ that's able to control the middle easily has a massive advantage. Iro with their warhut is a good example they basically get the line for free.
What's wrong with forcing players to push out?
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Because it's unbalanced for civs that are tp dependent and can take map control aggressively and easily, Iro is the big one here.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

Goodness gracious if you want another 3 tp map then play kamchatka smh
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

It would be a 3 TP map with 2 towers in base and only 1 mine. Also a river in the middle so not comparable to kamchatka. As I said in the other topic, you don't have to make everything crazy to get a good unstandard map, just make some small changes, that's enough.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:It would be a 3 TP map with 2 towers in base and only 1 mine. Also a river in the middle so not comparable to kamchatka. As I said in the other topic, you don't have to make everything crazy to get a good unstandard map, just make some small changes, that's enough.

Its not crazy, download the latest update here, its honestly decent now. Perhaps an additional two tp slots toward the corners are warranted, but its really tedious to rework scenarios
alberta_competitive.age3Yscn
(127.5 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
United States of America savage_lords91
Crossbow
ESO: Savage_Lords91

Post by savage_lords91 »

Very nice. You are definitely better at embellishment placement than I am XD I pretty much just season the whole map at random with these haha.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

RMS to be released soon. Shoutout to @vividlyplain for pulling the code together from my design. I'm learning to code too so should have some new maps soon, including some more standard maps :)

Alberta_RMS.png
European Union scarm
Howdah
ESO: Malebranche

Post by scarm »

Thats awesome, more maps and more mapmakers can only be good for the community :)
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

I would like to apply to vivid ft.dansil maps team ...hmm coding I like to do.
:nwc: