ESO Tracker

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Re: ESO Tracker

Post by Guigs »

gibson wrote:I looked through my games and for me it was generally between 50-70, which seems approximately correct in terms of my EPM, so I think it's pretty accurate.
Funny cuz the program tells me the same lol. and when i use garja's software i've got 230 average.

I still think xakops tool isn't accurate. Let's say i want to complete a crucial batch of cav, i'm gonna hotkey the stable and spam my "make huss hotkey" 4 times to finish the batch.
So that's like 5 effective actions under a second. Not even talking about micro phases where you reach more than that.
Austria Jerimuno
Advanced Player
ESO: Jerimuno
GameRanger ID: 9241516

Post by Jerimuno »

It's one effective action. queueing the 5th hus
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Yeah that's one effective action and 4 irrelevant actions that you just wasted APM on @Guigs :hmm:
You get 230 APM from an external counter because it counts "actions" that literally don't mean anything and don't actually cause anything to happen in the game. If you just faceroll on the keyboard throughout the whole match you could get even double that APM, probably.

That said, the parser likely does miss some actual actions, so it may be a bit lower than real effective APM. Still, I believe it's as accurate as we can get right now.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

Castete just mad realizing I am faster
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Lecastete wrote:
gibson wrote:I looked through my games and for me it was generally between 50-70, which seems approximately correct in terms of my EPM, so I think it's pretty accurate.
Funny cuz the program tells me the same lol. and when i use garja's software i've got 230 average.

I still think xakops tool isn't accurate. Let's say i want to complete a crucial batch of cav, i'm gonna hotkey the stable and spam my "make huss hotkey" 4 times to finish the batch.
So that's like 5 effective actions under a second. Not even talking about micro phases where you reach more than that.
I don’t think you understand what an effective action is. Queuing 1 Huss is 1 effective action no matter if you click once to sue it for 100 times to que it.......
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

I just checked some recorded games, bwinner always scores high apm.
France flontier
Lancer
Intermediate Division Winner
ESO: Flontier
Clan: PLOP

Post by flontier »

Castete never speaks about queing 1 huss, but hotkey stable + queuing 4huss, so its 5 effective actions.
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

flontier wrote:Castete never speaks about queing 1 huss, but hotkey stable + queuing 4huss, so its 5 effective actions.
Well you can just shift click and it's 2 actions
tedere12 wrote:I just checked some recorded games, bwinner always scores high apm.
I think that compared to most other players I do less actions with mouse but more with keyboard so maybe it's somehow not counted the same here
France flontier
Lancer
Intermediate Division Winner
ESO: Flontier
Clan: PLOP

Post by flontier »

bwinner wrote:
flontier wrote:Castete never speaks about queing 1 huss, but hotkey stable + queuing 4huss, so its 5 effective actions.
He doesnt speak about using shift click so not sure to understand your point, you say its counted as 2 actions even if you're clicking 5 times to make 5 huss :hmm: ?
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

I've downloaded it and it's a very nice tool, but I'm also a bit surprised cause my EPM is always around 80-90, which sounds kinda low. Does this count properly the actions done when microing for example? Like when kiting, there's lots of clicks to control the way the group of units walks, dragboxes to split fire etc?
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

U just slow ehehehe
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Oh yea I misunderstood what he was saying
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

And then I open a recorded blitz treaty game and I have 110 EPM and my opponent (sabusa) 160 EPM??
So I guess stuff like queuing units always counts as actions but controlling your units seems to be underestimated
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yeah seems like it counts everything you queue even if it's spam. So in fact it's not really EPM right?
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Okay so I guess it is just dogshit
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

That is EPM. Trying to train a unit if you don't have space is still an effective action.
mad cuz bad
France Guigs
Tournament Admin

Post by Guigs »

flontier wrote:
bwinner wrote:
He doesnt speak about using shift click so not sure to understand your point, you say its counted as 2 actions even if you're clicking 5 times to make 5 huss :hmm: ?
Thanks finally someone with a brain.

btw the program can't distinguish what's an effective action compare to what isn't.
If i use "find hero hotkey" 3 times in 5 sec for a treasure contention then i do a lot of effective apm in theory but it won't count that.
France Guigs
Tournament Admin

Post by Guigs »

Kaiserklein wrote:Yeah seems like it counts everything you queue even if it's spam. So in fact it's not really EPM right?
then you should get 200 apm if it was accurate :)
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

Lecastete wrote:
flontier wrote:
Show hidden quotes

btw the program can't distinguish what's an effective action compare to what isn't.
If i use "find hero hotkey" 3 times in 5 sec for a treasure contention then i do a lot of effective apm in theory but it won't count that.
That's not EPM. That's no different that clicking between control groups, you aren't doing anything.
mad cuz bad
France Guigs
Tournament Admin

Post by Guigs »

n0el wrote:
Lecastete wrote:
Show hidden quotes

That's not EPM. That's no different that clicking between control groups, you aren't doing anything.
Selecting an unit via a control group isn't but moving an unit is.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

n0el wrote:That is EPM. Trying to train a unit if you don't have space is still an effective action.
How? Spamming the hussar hotkey 20 times in a row does absolutely nothing but counts as 20 actions? This doesn't make any sense.

Need @XaKOps to confirm. Maybe I'm just wrong and the EPM counter doesn't use the actions listed in that "game actions" tab.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

xakops has retired from aoe3
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

Fuck I accidentally edited lecastete post instead of quoting it.

@Kaiserklein im talking about from the SC2 perspective of how they measure EPM vs APM. EPM is basically an action that is trying to accomplish something. Making a unit, building, moving or attacking. That doesn’t include selection which is including in APM. So spamming not being counted is only spamming of selection.
mad cuz bad
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

I get your point, I just think EPM doesn't make much sense then. APM might even be more accurate at this point, idk
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

Kaiserklein wrote:I get your point, I just think EPM doesn't make much sense then. APM might even be more accurate at this point, idk
Agreed. I think in sc2 it’s a lot more relevant as a measurement because you are constantly just doing actions to keep your pace high. Aoe3 doesn’t really demand that so people don’t do it the same way.
mad cuz bad