Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
France flontier
Dragoon
Posts: 263
ESO: Flontier

13 Jul 2019, 10:53

Nice work !

Love that record game feature.

Image
User avatar
Japan Aizamk
Howdah
EPL Reigning Champs
Posts: 1027
Location: ded

13 Jul 2019, 10:59

Image
:hmm:
I'll be back for DE
User avatar
New Zealand zoom
EP Project Lead
Posts: 8790
ESO: Funnu
Location: New_Sweland

13 Jul 2019, 11:05

Everyone knows euro trash wastes apm, and japs dont. It checks out.
Effective ESOC Patch notes

"♪We can ascend 'till we reach De La Heaven; and in a spin we'll hit the Top Ten♫"
"♪We're special in other ways – ways our mothers appreciate♫"
User avatar
Russia XaKOps
Skirmisher
Posts: 180
ESO: XaKOps

13 Jul 2019, 12:12

Yes, apm counter gives strange results sometimes. Because when player want to research tech/train unit asap he constatly clicks on it. Records store all these clicks, so probably the best solution here is count only one click.
User avatar
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
ESOC Media Team
Donator 01
Posts: 5568
ESO: mr_bramboy
Location: Amsterdam

13 Jul 2019, 12:39

XaKOps wrote:Yes, apm counter gives strange results sometimes. Because when player want to research tech/train unit asap he constatly clicks on it. Records store all these clicks, so probably the best solution here is count only one click.

That's called EPM: effective actions per minute. You should show both to see how useful the APM is.
User avatar
Russia XaKOps
Skirmisher
Posts: 180
ESO: XaKOps

25 Jul 2019, 05:48

Small update with fixes and changes. Download and details here: https://github.com/XaKOps/ESO-Tracker

What new:
  • Fixed APM counter in Records Parser (player with view point had much more actions).
  • Fixed filter perfomance. Now less freeze on updating huge list of data.
  • Added VPN check to IP Checker (player with VPN displayed in red).
  • Added extended filter for IP and Name database.
  • Added the ability to manually add IP and ESO name.
  • Added more info about IP address in IP Checker (ISP and timezone).
  • Added more detailed description for Settings options.

Screenshots
United States of America 007Salt
Musketeer
Posts: 77
ESO: yasdaffwef

25 Jul 2019, 05:51

Why does my antivirus get all pissed off at me when I try to use this?
User avatar
Russia XaKOps
Skirmisher
Posts: 180
ESO: XaKOps

25 Jul 2019, 06:02

007Salt wrote:Why does my antivirus get all pissed off at me when I try to use this?

VirusTotal check of installer: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/ff0 ... /detection
VirusTotal check of exe: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/d6b ... /detection

Because the application is written in python and compiled using pyInstaller, some antiviruses give false positivites. If you don't trust files, then you can view open code and compile it yourself (there is guide in github repo).
United States of America 007Salt
Musketeer
Posts: 77
ESO: yasdaffwef

25 Jul 2019, 15:56

@XaKOps alright thanks that's good to know!
User avatar
Malawi princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor
Posts: 1823
ESO: Princeofcarthage
Location: Milky Way!

25 Jul 2019, 16:25

@XaKOps ip checker is not storing data properly
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Russia XaKOps
Skirmisher
Posts: 180
ESO: XaKOps

26 Jul 2019, 02:53

princeofcarthage wrote:@XaKOps ip checker is not storing data properly

Can you say whats wrong exactly?
User avatar
Malawi princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor
Posts: 1823
ESO: Princeofcarthage
Location: Milky Way!

26 Jul 2019, 09:14

XaKOps wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:@XaKOps ip checker is not storing data properly

Can you say whats wrong exactly?

Well it is not displaying names of players I join in lobby, and it is not storing their names + ip. It is only storing my own ip + name
Image
Image
Image
No Flag EU_Commission
Crossbow
Posts: 3

26 Jul 2019, 09:37

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I don't know, I wasn't here when the law was voted lol.

What law?


May I introduce you to the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"): https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content ... 32016R0679

Personal data - in short - is any information disclosing your identity. As defined in Art. 4 (1) of the GDPR:
‘personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an
identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an
identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors
specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person


The scope of the GDPR is rather broad, in case of doubt, consider IP addresses to be included. That means that any processing of IP addresses is lawful only within the boundaries set by the GDPR. Art. 6 gives you the conclusive list for that. So you need consent, a "legal" reason, like a fulfillment of contract, or protecting vital interests. According to Art. 4 (2), processing means:
any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal
data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage,
adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making
available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction


The GDPR is applicable each and every time personal data is processed. So for example you collect the IP data (+), you might store it (+) and share it with others (+). In theory you need consent (or any other reason set out in Article 6) every time you process data.

You're welcome :D
User avatar
Russia XaKOps
Skirmisher
Posts: 180
ESO: XaKOps

26 Jul 2019, 09:53

princeofcarthage wrote:
XaKOps wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:@XaKOps ip checker is not storing data properly

Can you say whats wrong exactly?

Well it is not displaying names of players I join in lobby, and it is not storing their names + ip. It is only storing my own ip + name

Yes, it stores IP and Names only if you are host. If not u can get only ip addresses of players. It is because when you are host, all data transfers via TCP and in XML format, and if you aren't host, data transfers via UDP and it is almost impossible to get information about player with required accuracy from that.
User avatar
Malawi princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor
Posts: 1823
ESO: Princeofcarthage
Location: Milky Way!

26 Jul 2019, 10:37

ah okay that makes sense
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
ESOC Media Team
Donator 01
Posts: 5568
ESO: mr_bramboy
Location: Amsterdam

26 Jul 2019, 12:23

EU_Commission wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:
Show hidden quotes

What law?


May I introduce you to the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"): https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content ... 32016R0679

Personal data - in short - is any information disclosing your identity. As defined in Art. 4 (1) of the GDPR:
‘personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an
identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an
identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors
specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person


The scope of the GDPR is rather broad, in case of doubt, consider IP addresses to be included. That means that any processing of IP addresses is lawful only within the boundaries set by the GDPR. Art. 6 gives you the conclusive list for that. So you need consent, a "legal" reason, like a fulfillment of contract, or protecting vital interests. According to Art. 4 (2), processing means:
any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal
data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage,
adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making
available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction


The GDPR is applicable each and every time personal data is processed. So for example you collect the IP data (+), you might store it (+) and share it with others (+). In theory you need consent (or any other reason set out in Article 6) every time you process data.

You're welcome :D

Thank you for the introduction! I had three semesters on fundamental rights within the European Union, but it's always nice to refresh my memory. For example, I seem to remember that article 2 under 2 under c specifically mentions that this regulation is not applicable on natural persons conducting household activity.

Therefore, your claim that "The GDPR is applicable each and every time personal data is processed" is simply not true. There are many instances where personal data can be gathered without consent. Should natural persons consent to their mugshot? What if a criminal is on the run and the police would like to spread his/her personal information? Storing the IP address of your rivals to detect their alternative accounts is most definitely a household activity.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
Posts: 2076
ESO: Octanium

26 Jul 2019, 17:26

XaKOps wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Well it is not displaying names of players I join in lobby, and it is not storing their names + ip. It is only storing my own ip + name

Yes, it stores IP and Names only if you are host. If not u can get only ip addresses of players. It is because when you are host, all data transfers via TCP and in XML format, and if you aren't host, data transfers via UDP and it is almost impossible to get information about player with required accuracy from that.

Wait, can't we just check_and_cast it?
Image
User avatar
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
Posts: 7770
ESO: Garja

29 Aug 2019, 14:12

Link to download the installer is broken. Any way to get this? I'm interested.
No Flag deleted_user
Gendarme
Posts: 9997

29 Aug 2019, 14:40

Riotcoke wrote:Is storing other players IPs even legal?


yes
User avatar
Tuvalu gibson
Gendarme
Posts: 9039
Location: USA

29 Aug 2019, 20:24

Garja wrote:Link to download the installer is broken. Any way to get this? I'm interested.

Same
User avatar
France Lecastete
Dragoon
Donator 02
Posts: 370
ESO: Lecastete
Location: France

30 Aug 2019, 00:13

Garja wrote:Link to download the installer is broken. Any way to get this? I'm interested.


https://github.com/XaKOps/ESO-Tracker

That's the one I used, works for me
Image

Why bow pike when can pike pike - Aiz

Image
User avatar
Tuvalu gibson
Gendarme
Posts: 9039
Location: USA

30 Aug 2019, 04:19

the link to the downloader is dead
User avatar
Russia XaKOps
Skirmisher
Posts: 180
ESO: XaKOps

30 Aug 2019, 05:44

Hey. My Google account was disabled, and I lost all data which stored here. I contacted with Google Helper Center to recover it.
User avatar
France Lecastete
Dragoon
Donator 02
Posts: 370
ESO: Lecastete
Location: France

30 Aug 2019, 10:22

I guess i can send you the launcher on discord or something @gibson @Garja
Image

Why bow pike when can pike pike - Aiz

Image
User avatar
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
Posts: 7770
ESO: Garja

30 Aug 2019, 10:30

Yes that would be great.

Forum Info

Return to “User-created Content”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest