ESO Tracker

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
France flontier
Lancer
Intermediate Division Winner
ESO: Flontier
Clan: PLOP

Re: ESO Tracker

Post by flontier »

Nice work !

Love that record game feature.

Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

:hmm:
oranges.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Everyone knows euro trash wastes apm, and japs dont. It checks out.
Russia XaKOps
Skirmisher
ESO: XaKOps

Post by XaKOps »

Yes, apm counter gives strange results sometimes. Because when player want to research tech/train unit asap he constatly clicks on it. Records store all these clicks, so probably the best solution here is count only one click.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

XaKOps wrote:Yes, apm counter gives strange results sometimes. Because when player want to research tech/train unit asap he constatly clicks on it. Records store all these clicks, so probably the best solution here is count only one click.

That's called EPM: effective actions per minute. You should show both to see how useful the APM is.
Russia XaKOps
Skirmisher

Post by XaKOps »

Small update with fixes and changes. Download and details here: https://github.com/XaKOps/ESO-Tracker

What new:
  • Fixed APM counter in Records Parser (player with view point had much more actions).
  • Fixed filter perfomance. Now less freeze on updating huge list of data.
  • Added VPN check to IP Checker (player with VPN displayed in red).
  • Added extended filter for IP and Name database.
  • Added the ability to manually add IP and ESO name.
  • Added more info about IP address in IP Checker (ISP and timezone).
  • Added more detailed description for Settings options.

[spoiler=Screenshots]Image
Image[/spoiler]
United States of America 007Salt
Dragoon

Post by 007Salt »

Why does my antivirus get all pissed off at me when I try to use this?
Russia XaKOps
Skirmisher

Post by XaKOps »

007Salt wrote:Why does my antivirus get all pissed off at me when I try to use this?

VirusTotal check of installer: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/ff0 ... /detection
VirusTotal check of exe: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/d6b ... /detection

Because the application is written in python and compiled using pyInstaller, some antiviruses give false positivites. If you don't trust files, then you can view open code and compile it yourself (there is guide in github repo).
United States of America 007Salt
Dragoon

Post by 007Salt »

@XaKOps alright thanks that's good to know!
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

@XaKOps ip checker is not storing data properly
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Russia XaKOps
Skirmisher

Post by XaKOps »

princeofcarthage wrote:@XaKOps ip checker is not storing data properly

Can you say whats wrong exactly?
Retired Contributor

XaKOps wrote:

Well it is not displaying names of players I join in lobby, and it is not storing their names + ip. It is only storing my own ip + name
No Flag EU_Commission
Crossbow

Re: ESO Packet Tracker

Post by EU_Commission »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I don't know, I wasn't here when the law was voted lol.

What law?

May I introduce you to the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"): https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content ... 32016R0679

Personal data - in short - is any information disclosing your identity. As defined in Art. 4 (1) of the GDPR:
‘personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an
identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an
identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors
specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person

The scope of the GDPR is rather broad, in case of doubt, consider IP addresses to be included. That means that any processing of IP addresses is lawful only within the boundaries set by the GDPR. Art. 6 gives you the conclusive list for that. So you need consent, a "legal" reason, like a fulfillment of contract, or protecting vital interests. According to Art. 4 (2), processing means:
any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal
data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage,
adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making
available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction

The GDPR is applicable each and every time personal data is processed. So for example you collect the IP data (+), you might store it (+) and share it with others (+). In theory you need consent (or any other reason set out in Article 6) every time you process data.

You're welcome :D
Russia XaKOps
Skirmisher

Post by XaKOps »

princeofcarthage wrote:
XaKOps wrote:

Well it is not displaying names of players I join in lobby, and it is not storing their names + ip. It is only storing my own ip + name

Yes, it stores IP and Names only if you are host. If not u can get only ip addresses of players. It is because when you are host, all data transfers via TCP and in XML format, and if you aren't host, data transfers via UDP and it is almost impossible to get information about player with required accuracy from that.
Retired Contributor

ah okay that makes sense
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

EU_Commission wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:
Show hidden quotes

What law?

May I introduce you to the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"): https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content ... 32016R0679

Personal data - in short - is any information disclosing your identity. As defined in Art. 4 (1) of the GDPR:
‘personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an
identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an
identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors
specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person

The scope of the GDPR is rather broad, in case of doubt, consider IP addresses to be included. That means that any processing of IP addresses is lawful only within the boundaries set by the GDPR. Art. 6 gives you the conclusive list for that. So you need consent, a "legal" reason, like a fulfillment of contract, or protecting vital interests. According to Art. 4 (2), processing means:
any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal
data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage,
adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making
available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction

The GDPR is applicable each and every time personal data is processed. So for example you collect the IP data (+), you might store it (+) and share it with others (+). In theory you need consent (or any other reason set out in Article 6) every time you process data.

You're welcome :D

Thank you for the introduction! I had three semesters on fundamental rights within the European Union, but it's always nice to refresh my memory. For example, I seem to remember that article 2 under 2 under c specifically mentions that this regulation is not applicable on natural persons conducting household activity.

Therefore, your claim that "The GDPR is applicable each and every time personal data is processed" is simply not true. There are many instances where personal data can be gathered without consent. Should natural persons consent to their mugshot? What if a criminal is on the run and the police would like to spread his/her personal information? Storing the IP address of your rivals to detect their alternative accounts is most definitely a household activity.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

XaKOps wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Yes, it stores IP and Names only if you are host. If not u can get only ip addresses of players. It is because when you are host, all data transfers via TCP and in XML format, and if you aren't host, data transfers via UDP and it is almost impossible to get information about player with required accuracy from that.

Wait, can't we just check_and_cast it?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Link to download the installer is broken. Any way to get this? I'm interested.
Image Image Image
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Riotcoke wrote:Is storing other players IPs even legal?

yes
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Garja wrote:Link to download the installer is broken. Any way to get this? I'm interested.

Same
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

Garja wrote:Link to download the installer is broken. Any way to get this? I'm interested.

https://github.com/XaKOps/ESO-Tracker

That's the one I used, works for me

Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

the link to the downloader is dead
Russia XaKOps
Skirmisher

Post by XaKOps »

Hey. My Google account was disabled, and I lost all data which stored here. I contacted with Google Helper Center to recover it.
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

I guess i can send you the launcher on discord or something @gibson @Garja

Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Yes that would be great.