AOE3 Scenario Editor Team

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
United States of America savage_lords91
Crossbow
ESO: Savage_Lords91

AOE3 Scenario Editor Team

Post by savage_lords91 »

Hey guys, before I begin with my reason for placing this post up I would like the admins to know I am not attempting to advertise anything here but am simply looking for like-minded individuals who know a good portion about how to create maps and use triggers effectively in AOE3 and maybe plan to continue their love of creating maps in the future AOE games to come.

Right now, however, I am seeking to find a few people who know how to design and use triggers of which I can benefit by watching and learning from them as we work together. I am a great designer (or so I'd like to think) and I know quite a bit about triggers but only to a point. There are still many issues I am having with making specific triggers work.

My long-term goal is to create (like many others have done) a downloadable fantasy military version of AOE3 with all new unit and building designs and abilities. However, right now, I am starting off small by simply creating workable custom scenario maps and I need the help of a few people to help me get it right.

I am hoping there is someone here who can help me out or at the very least view my work and show me what needs fixing or even make the minor fixes themselves XD Anyways, thanks for reading and I hope to hear from some of you soon!
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Re: AOE3 Scenario Editor Team

Post by musketeer925 »

Hi, I have a lot of experience with the scenario editor. Feel free to post questions here if you have them (in this thread or another...)
Crossbow

Post by savage_lords91 »

musketeer925 wrote:Hi, I have a lot of experience with the scenario editor. Feel free to post questions here if you have them (in this thread or another...)

Thanks. I could ask many questions but it would probably be easier for me to learn if I could just see what you did to help my issues XD Do you think you could take a look at what I have thus far?
Great Britain Interjection
Howdah
Donator 04
ESO: Interjection

Post by Interjection »

I'm pretty nifty with triggers and building scenarios
Crossbow

Post by savage_lords91 »

Interjection wrote:I'm pretty nifty with triggers and building scenarios

my ESO is Savage_Lords91 ill be on most of the day today so message me on there when you get online.
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

savage_lords91 wrote:
musketeer925 wrote:Hi, I have a lot of experience with the scenario editor. Feel free to post questions here if you have them (in this thread or another...)

Thanks. I could ask many questions but it would probably be easier for me to learn if I could just see what you did to help my issues XD Do you think you could take a look at what I have thus far?

Not sure about others here, but I'm not really active enough/have time to do reviews like that, and you're unlikely to see me online on ESO, but am happy to answer specific questions here if you get stuck on things. There are a number of people here with the experience you're looking for, so it should be a good way to get questions answered.

Public threads on a forum like this are also great, because the information is preserved for people with the same questions later. In that vein, there are also many resources out there if you do a bit of googling, especially at http://aoe3.heavengames.com/ (though that forum is significantly less active than this one, it is a good source of information).
Crossbow

Post by savage_lords91 »

musketeer925 wrote:
savage_lords91 wrote:

Not sure about others here, but I'm not really active enough/have time to do reviews like that, and you're unlikely to see me online on ESO, but am happy to answer specific questions here if you get stuck on things. There are a number of people here with the experience you're looking for, so it should be a good way to get questions answered.

Public threads on a forum like this are also great, because the information is preserved for people with the same questions later. In that vein, there are also many resources out there if you do a bit of googling, especially at http://aoe3.heavengames.com/ (though that forum is significantly less active than this one, it is a good source of information).

Thanks, I took a look already for this question being answered and I couldn't find it.

Q1: I need to spawn units in from off the map as a Gaia unit and then have them move to one of the players TC's and convert to their side.
Crossbow

Post by savage_lords91 »

I understand which triggers to use to accomplish this. Unfortunately, no matter how I work the triggers I can't seem to get them to move after spawning in.