Trigger Help

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
United States of America savage_lords91
Crossbow
ESO: Savage_Lords91

Trigger Help

Post by savage_lords91 »

Okay, so here is my dilemma.

I have a few triggers that I want in order to do the following:

1.) Spawn Covered Wagon (as player owned) at the edge of the map
2.) Move Covered Wagon to a point not far from the spawn location and switch ownership to "0" so they can not utilize it.
3.) Spawn Explorer (as player owned) in front of the covered wagon.
4.) Move Covered Wagon back to its spawn point and disappear.

If anyone can help me resolve this problem that would be great. :D

Trigger 1.1
This is the first part of the first Trigger.  I deploy the ghost army, I created, here.  This part works.
This is the first part of the first Trigger. I deploy the ghost army, I created, here. This part works.

Trigger 1.2
In this trigger the NOW "0" ownership covered wagons draw back the way they came.  This part DOES NOT work.
In this trigger the NOW "0" ownership covered wagons draw back the way they came. This part DOES NOT work.

Trigger 2.1
In addition to spawning in the explorers, this second part of trigger 2 changes the ownership of the covered wagons to "0".  This part works.
In addition to spawning in the explorers, this second part of trigger 2 changes the ownership of the covered wagons to "0". This part works.

Trigger 2.2
In the first part of this trigger I create the explorers and have them spawn right in front of the covered wagons.  This part works.
In the first part of this trigger I create the explorers and have them spawn right in front of the covered wagons. This part works.

Trigger 3
This is the second part of the first trigger.  I send the spawned ghost army to a point on the map.  This part works.
This is the second part of the first trigger. I send the spawned ghost army to a point on the map. This part works.

Trigger 4
And lastly, trigger 4 is set up to make the covered wagons vanish entirely from the map for the remainder of the game.  This might work but haven't gotten to this point yet due to an interruption in Trigger 3.
And lastly, trigger 4 is set up to make the covered wagons vanish entirely from the map for the remainder of the game. This might work but haven't gotten to this point yet due to an interruption in Trigger 3.
Austria supahons
Dragoon
ESO: supahons

Re: Trigger Help

Post by supahons »

I think most (?) triggers don't work as gaia (player 0) in multiplayer, then you have to add a botplayer (player 2-8).
Or simply upload your file here, then anyone who wants can test it.
Crossbow

Post by savage_lords91 »

supahons wrote:I think most (?) triggers don't work as gaia (player 0) in multiplayer, then you have to add a botplayer (player 2-8).

Well, it worked when I first set it but then after adding a few other triggers in such as the Game header and beginning messages that appear on the screen everything started going wrong.
Rainbow Land onfiregun17
Skirmisher
ESO: onfiregun17

Post by onfiregun17 »

Yeah, you can't use Gaia (Player 0) in multiplayer scenarios so that could be an issue. Are all of your triggers not working? If so you could be experiencing a trigger lock. I could probably look at the scenario and see what's wrong if you want to upload it here.
Austria supahons
Dragoon
ESO: supahons

Post by supahons »

savage_lords91 wrote:
supahons wrote:I think most (?) triggers don't work as gaia (player 0) in multiplayer, then you have to add a botplayer (player 2-8).

Well, it worked when I first set it but then after adding a few other triggers in such as the Game header and beginning messages that appear on the screen everything started going wrong.

If you can't see your intro anymore (overlay text) or the reveal map trigger doesn't work anymore, then you know something in your code or in one of your new triggers is wrong. Then you have to disable every new trigger and test it, if the map starts, to find the cause.
Crossbow

Post by savage_lords91 »

I can see my overlay text and all of the other texts play through. Its just the covered wagon moving back to the edge of the map that is not working.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

Activate Trigger is broken, use Fire Event instead.

Also as people have mentioned there are differences between what works in single player and multiplayer, so be a bit careful if you're intending to make anything for MP.
oranges.
Crossbow

Post by savage_lords91 »

its just that one part XD
Crossbow

Post by savage_lords91 »

Aizamk wrote:Activate Trigger is broken, use Fire Event instead.

Also as people have mentioned there are differences between what works in single player and multiplayer, so be a bit careful if you're intending to make anything for MP.

Thanks, that helped but now there is a new problem. I have the explorer and explorer animal spawn but once the covered wagon leaves 3 more explorers and dog explorers spawn in...I checked my triggers and nothing is visibly causing this to happen from what I can see.