Gardens of Ares Map Pack Project

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
United States of America savage_lords91
Crossbow
ESO: Savage_Lords91

Gardens of Ares Map Pack Project

Post by savage_lords91 »

Hey guys, in my extra personal time it is spent writing fictional novels. I decided that I would give a go at creating some novels pertaining to fictional stories of war. I thought using the scenario editor in AOE3 would benefit my stories. Thus, I started a project called Gardens of Ares.

Ares is a continent plagued with war after one civilization had discovered the means to create a weapon of mass destruction. The weapon was shortly after destroyed due to it being a prototype but many civs have since then sought out the building plans for this doomsday weapon and this is where the story begins. Right now, all maps will be simply that, maps; for multiplayer use.

However, later on, once I am able to find other master trigger programmers XD I will be adding the stories into the game for use in single player mode. That IS possible right? I thought I read somewhere where that was possible XD Anyways, here is the first map that I created set up specifically for a 2v2 match. I will add more as they come to completion.

WELCOME TO MOGOLA, ARES

SS2.jpg

SS4.png

SS1.jpg

SS3.jpg
Crossbow

Re: Gardens of Ares Map Pack Project

Post by savage_lords91 »

On a side note, does anyone know how to change the camera view to a lower to the ground position because I have watched videos on how to do it but I cant find the buttons for it anywhere.
Rainbow Land onfiregun17
Skirmisher
ESO: onfiregun17

Post by onfiregun17 »

savage_lords91 wrote:On a side note, does anyone know how to change the camera view to a lower to the ground position because I have watched videos on how to do it but I cant find the buttons for it anywhere.

You need Reyk's Editor in order to do that. And if you want everything in English then SCP Editor Tools should fix the issue of some things being in German.
Crossbow

Post by savage_lords91 »

onfiregun17 wrote:
savage_lords91 wrote:On a side note, does anyone know how to change the camera view to a lower to the ground position because I have watched videos on how to do it but I cant find the buttons for it anywhere.

You need Reyk's Editor in order to do that. And if you want everything in English then SCP Editor Tools should fix the issue of some things being in German.

Okay, I downloaded it but not sure I placed it in the right spot in the folder because nothing has changed.
Rainbow Land onfiregun17
Skirmisher
ESO: onfiregun17

Post by onfiregun17 »

You probably installed it to the wrong directory then. By default Reyk's Editor installs to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires III" which probably isn't your install folder.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

This is great and the map looks beautiful, keep up the good work.
European Union KoenigRother
Skirmisher
ESO: Darky_soocer

Post by KoenigRother »

Looks beautiful!
Although if it is meant to be played competetively i'd consider changing yellows positioning and Is it intended to just have 1 Goldmine each?
notoric treehugger
Crossbow

Post by savage_lords91 »

KoenigRother wrote:Looks beautiful!
Although if it is meant to be played competetively i'd consider changing yellows positioning and Is it intended to just have 1 Goldmine each?

The map isnt ENTIRELY finished. It is a beta testing map. I would like to bring on board some other experienced map designers to help me further improve the maps I have made.
Crossbow

Post by savage_lords91 »

onfiregun17 wrote:You probably installed it to the wrong directory then. By default Reyk's Editor installs to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires III" which probably isn't your install folder.
Attachments
Annotation 2019-08-21 225202.png